Class of 2015 - OLB Sawyer Dawson (FL) Verbals to Purdue | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Sawyer Dawson (FL) Verbals to Purdue

I think the staff really wanted a hybrid SS/LB who can stay on the field vs spread teams and traditional offenses. Barry was the same type of player, with him gone Sawyer is the top choice for that position now. It seems that is the position Paris Bennet was recruited to play also.

I think the staff really wanted a hybrid SS/LB who can stay on the field vs spread teams and traditional offenses. Barry was the same type of player, with him gone Sawyer is the top choice for that position now. It seems that is the position Paris Bennet was recruited to play also.
Thats exactly right DM. Its the field LB position. Those types usually show good coverage and tackle well in space. Henderson is the same type but it looks like we slowed up with him.

makes sense

BqlnMlCCEAEj5cR.jpg:large

I just noticed the other day that Scoot has Kelly listed as a LB and I thought he was being recruited as a S.

I just noticed the other day that Scoot has Kelly listed as a LB and I thought he was being recruited as a S.

We are recruiting Kelly as a safety, that's just what Skout projections his best position as.

I also forgot to mention Marquise Blair. It seems he might be being recruited as an OLB. Makes sense since he and Kelly are almost clones of each other.

Here's my stab at who our top 4 LBers are:

Fox
Blair
Pugh
Dawson

Last edited:
We are recruiting Kelly as a LBer, that's just what Skout projections his best position as.

I also forgot to mention Marquise Blair. It seems he might be being recruited as an OLB. Makes sense since he and Kelly are almost clones of each other.

Fox
Blair
Pugh
Dawson

Shy?

Shy?

i'm not really sure? I am pretty confident we would accept commitments from those 4 if they all wanted to give them today. And I don't even think you could have said that about Dawson up until yesterday. I think the reason we told Barry not to worry about visiting is because we felt pretty good about getting a commitment from Dawson today, and like DNB said earlier in the thread they were the same position... That hybrid OLB/S

We are recruiting Kelly as a LBer, that's just what Skout projections his best position as.

Fox
Blair
Pugh
Dawson

Ano, guessing you meant to say we are recruiting Kelly as a safety, yes?

No prob. Just checking. I actually kinda agree with Shout that he might grow out of the position, but I'd love to nab him as a safety.

No prob. Just checking. I actually kinda agree with Shout that he might grow out of the position, but I'd love to nab him as a safety.

Especially if he keeps hitting the weights like he has. Kid is already a monster.

He had a Purdue visit this week(giggle) might be boom time shortly after that

Dawson is a pretty solid Cuse lean is he not? As in, it would be pretty surprising if he doesn't end up with us eventually?

I know we are listed as his leader (a few posts up) but is this someone we can expect another boom from in the not so distant future?

Dawson is a pretty solid Cuse lean is he not? As in, it would be pretty surprising if he doesn't end up with us eventually?

I know we are listed as his leader (a few posts up) but is this someone we can expect another boom from in the not so distant future?

I know I am hoping we get a commitment next weekend, or at least after his next visit.

I know I am hoping we get a commitment next weekend, or at least after his next visit.

Yeah he goes to Purdue middle of next week, could be a boom soon after that trip.

He's going to Purdue with mom. Dad is not going. That can be good for us.

He's going to Purdue with mom. Dad is not going. That can be good for us.
Indeed, Money. Someone can remind him that Purdue went from a bowl team to 1-11(no FBS wins) with their new staff. Eerily similar to a man named GROB his first year