Class of 2015 - OLB Sawyer Dawson (FL) Verbals to Purdue | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Sawyer Dawson (FL) Verbals to Purdue

I majored in Engineering, went to SU, now making big $$$$

what is considered "Big $$$$"...is each "$" equal to $100,000? So 4 $$$$ equals $400,000 per year? Just curious as everyone's perception of money is different. And congrats on your successful career...what line of engineering are you in?

I recommend following none of the suggestions in the previous post. class of 07 grad and i had a blast.

cool story bro.

what is considered "Big $$$$"...is each "$" equal to $100,000? So 4 $$$$ equals $400,000 per year? Just curious as everyone's perception of money is different. And congrats on your successful career...what line of engineering are you in?

We're getting off topic, but i wish every $ meant 100k, I am not the founder of foursquare (SU Grad). Without getting into too many specifics, only being out 11 years, I am making more coin than I thought I would by the time i retired.

<--RF Engineer

my wife's uncle graduated from Purdue and went on to lead a major division for ford.

This is the one negative against SU. All of the big engineering industries in and around the school have left the region. Purdue, great engineering, located in midwest, is probably a big feeder school for the detroit auto industry. Stanford, San Jose State, etc feed silicon valley. SU just doesnt have that anymore. With Carrier, Kodak, Lockheed etc all leaving or being severely crippled, its tougher on the SU grads. Big reason why the population is moving, alums dont stick around the area resulting in conference realignment etc lol.

As much as losing Dawson was not entirely in the books, I'm thinking we may have better options. Take it FWIW.
This is what I'm hoping - with the great LBs signed last year and already committed this year, keep the additional spot open and swing for the fences - try to land a big-time talent like Thomas late again this year. I have faith that this staff can pull it off.

As much as losing Dawson was not entirely in the books, I'm thinking we may have better options. Take it FWIW.

Yeah it sounds like we did want him and he did choose to go elsewhere, so best of luck to him.

We definitely wanted Dawson. It's very rare we lose a kid that rates us highly and visits campus but hey you can't win them all.

We definitely wanted Dawson. It's very rare we lose a kid that rates us highly and visits campus but hey you can't win them all.
Hey Purdue showed him the Boiler Room, the Boiler Room man. How can we compete with that

Hey Purdue showed him the Boiler Room, the Boiler Room man. How can we compete with that
My high school had a "Boiler Room" door. Wonder if it's related. I'll try to see if Cali can find something.