Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

When we went to the fsu game coach Lea said to him... Jeez man you look taller I may need you at middle. Of course Ziare is looking great at middle now so I guess we will see.

When we went to the fsu game coach Lea said to him... Jeez man you look taller I may need you at middle. Of course Ziare is looking great at middle now so I guess we will see.
Bam, not that height matters in the grand scheme of things in our defense but what's Shy up to now?

Bam, not that height matters in the grand scheme of things in our defense but what's Shy up to now?
Shy was probably flexing his heel muscles, that would push him to about 6'4.

Bambrewer said:
Got some good news last night. Shy's last sat scores came in. I wont be posting the score per my syracuse fan advisor (cl) but I did want to mention to anyone that did see the temporary post about his last score...thats his ncaa score you saw not his actual sat score. they dont include a third of his score in his ncaa score. But any way he jumped up 120 points on hic ncaa score and yesterday the calculated his first quarter gpa in and brought that up 3 10ths. staff says if he continues with just repeating his 1st quarter performance the rest of the way his sat score as it stands will have him eligible and on campus in june. He plans to continue improving on his first quarter grade and make high honors the rest of the way. The change in his academics since this time last year is astounding to say the least...from squeaking by to a couple points from honor roll has us so proud of him. I cant explain how happy i am we got the additional testing done. We have switched his meds a couple times to keep his appetite where it is and have his focus on point and I think where we are right now is perfect. He is eating, sleeping, gaining weight and performing well in school. His attitude is positive and things couldnt be better. He will be taking the sat and the act every chance they come up but at least now we have a number that can put him on campus on time. Fortunately for him the only good part of being here in mass is that the academics require him to complete the core 16 courses to graduate so that isnt an issue.

Great news dad!

Thank you I have been looking forward to that since I heard he was doing it. I will say not only do I agree with everything he said but it's exactly what the coaches at miami BC syracuse and the coaches at under Armour all said . Ahy has some weird ability to be fast in a low stance all the coaches love it. Coach bullough said when he was watching shy at camp he say his speed and vertical and liked it but when he say him doing a cone drill he said he ran it so fast he couldn't believe it. He said his inside shoulder was just off the ground going out of the cone. Coach bullough and coach barrows from miami both said when they watched his jr highlights they kept saying he was too short said he looked 5' 8 in the tape. They both said they were so excited to see him in person because he really is taller it's just his stance is so low. He does need to work on pass coverage as was said. The film only has a couple clips of pass coverage mostly because nothing happens when he does. The other teams weren't going near him if he dropped back. I am hoping he will do fine when he starts playing against teams that aren't afraid of him lol... Or at least I hope he does so well the acc is afraid of him by sophomore year lol. I really like the part about him making it to the NFL. I know it's a dream at this point but shy will put in the work if any one can make it shy will be the one.

$avage ‏@shycullen24 50m50 minutes ago
The fact my sisters legit just cried cause I said they have 5 months left till I leave for college
1f612.png
lol

Bam that winter hat Shy is wearing, did you get that at the school store or at Mannys? Digging that hat.

Should have coach Lea and Bullough out in the next 7 days... I asked shy what day and he said he forgot... Probably sit down to dinner tonite and get a surprise knock at the door.
He forgot? How does that happen? One of the most important things going on in his life right now..,

Kids and their priorities man I'll tell ya... ;)

I think it's more of a problem of his life doesn't have to change around the coach visit. He will talk to the coach the night before and come home and hang out with him. We are the ones who have to change what time we come home cook clean etc... Probably more like he didn't want extra chores before the visit and conviently forgot.