OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alzheimer's can indeed affect long-term memory. Also, the poster referred to the general term 'dementia', not the specific disease Alzheimer's.
or he may have a few drinks and could not find his room. Everything is not always a mental problem.

Thanks doc. I guess it's not Alzheimer's then. Can't pass up an opportunity to show you know it all, can you? Great work.

So now you are not so certain? But you said, "He's also definitely suffering from dementia."

Knight's definitely an a-hole. He's also definitely suffering from dementia. I ran into him last year at Spanish Bay. He was wandering around the place by himself looking very lost and confused. My bro and I walked up to him to say hi and pay our respects. He was friendly but very confused when we told him we were 'Cuse fans and joked about the '87 title game. He had know idea what we were talking about. It was a really sad encounter.

You should have asked him how many of these things he remembers:

1970s[edit]
  • It was reported (although years after the incident) that Knight choked and punched IU's longtime sports information director, Kit Klingelhoffer, in the 1970s, over a news release that upset the coach.[7]
  • On December 7, 1974, Indiana and Kentucky met in the regular season in Bloomington with a 98-74 Indiana win. Near the end of the game, Bob Knight went to the Kentucky bench where the official was standing to complain about a call. Before he left, Knight hit Kentucky coach Joe B. Hall in the back of the head.[43] UK's assistant coach Lynn Nance, a former FBI agent who was about 6 feet 5 inches, had to be restrained by Hall from hitting Knight. Hall later said, "It publicly humiliated me."[44] Knight said the slap to the head was something he has done, "affectionately" to his own players for years. "But maybe someone would not like that," he said. "If Joe didn't like it, I offer an apology. I don't apologize for the intent." ... "Hall and I have been friends for a long time," Knight said. "If he wants to dissolve the friendship, that's up to him."[45] Knight blamed the furor on Hall, noting in his inimitable style, "If it was meant to be malicious, I'd have blasted the into the seats."[46]
  • During the 1979 Pan American Games in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Knight was accused of assaulting a police officer while coaching the US Basketball team before a practice session. He was later convicted in absentia to a six-month jail sentence, but extradition efforts by the Puerto Rican government were not successful.[47]
1980s[edit]
  • In a game at Bloomington on January 31, 1981 between Indiana and Purdue, Hoosier star Isiah Thomas allegedly hit Purdue guard Roosevelt Barnes in what some critics described as a "sucker punch".[48] Video replay shown by Knight later showed Barnes had mistakenly thrown the first punch, and that Thomas was merely reacting to this. When the two schools played their second game of the season at Purdue on February 7, 1981, Knight claimed a number of derisive chants were directed at him, his wife, and Indiana University. In response Knight invited Purdue athletic director George King on his weekly television show to discuss the matter, but King declined. Therefore, in place of King, Knight brought onto the show a "jackass" (male donkey) wearing a Purdue hat as a representative of Purdue.[49][50] The 1980–81 Hoosiers would go on to win the 1981 NCAA National Championship, the school's fourth national title.
  • On Saturday, February 23, 1985 during a game at Bloomington between Purdue and Indiana, just five minutes into the game, a scramble for a loose ball resulted in a foul call on Indiana's Marty Simmons. Immediately after the resumption of play, a foul was called on Indiana's Daryl Thomas. Knight, irate, insisted the first of the two calls should have been for a jump ball and ultimately received a technical foul. Purdue's Steve Reid stepped to the free throw line to shoot the resulting free throws, but before he could, Knight grabbed a red plastic chair from Indiana's bench and threw it across the floor toward the basket in front of Reid. Knight was charged with second and third technical fouls and was ejected from the game. He apologized for his actions the next day and was given a one-game suspension and two years probation from the Big Ten. Since the incident, Knight has occasionally joked about throwing the chair by saying that he saw an old lady standing on the opposite sideline and threw her the chair so she could sit down.[51][52]
  • Women's groups nationwide were outraged by Knight's comments during an April 1988 interview with Connie Chung in which he said, "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it." The same comment had already gotten weatherman Tex Antoine fired from WABC-TV in New York twelve years earlier and would ultimately derail the Texas gubernatorial bid of Clayton Williamstwo years later.[53] Knight's comment was in reference to an Indiana basketball game in which he felt the referees were making poor calls against the Hoosiers.
1990s[edit]
  • At a practice leading up to an Indiana-Purdue game in West Lafayette in 1991, Knight unleashed a torrent of expletives and threats designed to motivate his Indiana team. In one portion he exclaims he is "ing tired of losing to Purdue." Unknown to most, someone was secretly taping the speech. The speech has since gone viral and has over 1.84 million views on YouTube alone.[54] Although it is still not known who taped the speech, many former players suspect it was former manager and current NBA assistant coach Lawrence Frank. Players who were present were unable to remember the specific speech because such expletive-filled outbursts by Knight were so frequent.[55]
  • In March 1992 prior to the NCAA regional finals, controversy erupted after Knight playfully mock whipped Indiana players Calbert Cheaney and Pat Graham during practice. The bullwhip had been given to Knight as a gift from his team. Several black leaders complained at the racial connotations of the act, given that Cheaney was a black student.[56]
  • In January 1993, Knight mentioned the arrival of Ivan Renko to his team as a trick meant to expose disreputable basketball recruiting experts. Even though Renko was completely fictitious, several recruiting services started listing him as a prospect.
  • Knight was recorded berating an NCAA volunteer at a March 1995 post-game press conference following a 65–60 loss to Missouri in the first round of the NCAA tournament held in Boise, Idaho. The volunteer, Rance Pugmire, informed the press that Knight would not be attending the press conference, when in reality, Knight was running a few minutes late and had planned on attending per NCAA rules. Knight was shown saying: "You've only got two people that are going to tell you I'm not going to be here. One is our SID [Sports Information Director], and the other is me. Who the hell told you I wasn't going to be here? I'd like to know. Do you have any idea who it was?...Who?...They were from Indiana, right?...No, they weren't from Indiana, and you didn't get it from anybody from Indiana, did you?...No, I—I'll handle this the way I want to handle it now that I'm here. You (EXPLETIVE) it up to begin with. Now just sit there or leave. I don't give (EXPLETIVE) what you do. Now back to the game."[57]
  • Former Indiana player Neil Reed alleged that Knight had grabbed him by the neck in a choking manner during a 1997 practice. A videotape of the incident was shown on CNN.[7]
2000s[edit]
  • On February 19, 2000, Clarence Doninger, Knight's boss, alleged to have been physically threatened by the coach during a confrontation after a game.[7]
  • An Indiana investigation inquired about an allegation in which Knight berated and physically intimidated a university secretary, once throwing a potted plant in anger, showering her with glass and debris. The university later asked the coach to issue an apology to the secretary.[7]
  • It was alleged that Knight attacked assistant coach Ron Felling, throwing him out of a chair after overhearing him criticizing the basketball program in a phone conversation.[7]
  • On September 8, 2000, Indiana freshman Kent Harvey told campus police Knight grabbed him roughly by the arm and berated him for speaking to the coach disrespectfully. Knight admitted putting his hand on the student's arm and lecturing him on civility, but denied that he was rough or raised his voice. The coach was fired from the university two days later.[7]
  • Two days after Knight was fired from Indiana University, Jeremy Schaap of ESPN interviewed him and discussed his time at Indiana. Towards the end of the interview, Knight talked about his son, Pat, who had also been dismissed by the university, wanting an opportunity to be a head coach. Schaap, thinking that Knight was finished, attempted to move on to another subject, but Knight insisted on continuing about his son. Schaap repeatedly tried to ask another question when Knight shifted the conversation to Schaap's style of interviewing, notably chastising him about interruptions. Knight then commented (referring to Schaap's father, Dick Schaap), "You've got a long way to go to be as good as your dad!"[58]
  • In March 2006, a student's heckling at Baylor University resulted in Knight having to be restrained by a police officer. The incident was not severe enough to warrant any action from the Big 12 Conference.[59]
  • On November 13, 2006, Knight was shown allegedly hitting player Michael Prince under the chin to get him to make eye contact. Although Knight didn't comment on the incident afterwards and has not yet done so, Prince, his parents, and Texas Tech Athletic Director Gerald Myers insisted that Knight did nothing wrong and that he merely lifted Prince's chin and told him, "Hold your head up and don't worry about mistakes. Just play the game." Prince commented, "He was trying to teach me and I had my head down so he raised my chin up. He was telling me to go out there and don't be afraid to make mistakes. He said I was being too hard on myself."[60]
  • On October 21, 2007, James Simpson of Lubbock, Texas, accused Knight of firing a shotgun in his direction after he yelled at Knight and another man for hunting too close to his home.[61]Knight denied the allegations. An argument between the two men was recorded via camera phone and aired later on television.[62]
  • On December 17, 2009, Knight insulted longtime rival Kentucky and its coach John Calipari, saying, "We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching. You see we've got a coach at Kentucky, who put two schools [UMass and Memphis] on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."
2010s[edit]
  • On April 18, 2011, video surfaced showing Knight responding to a question concerning John Calipari and Kentucky's men's basketball team by stating that in the previous season, Kentucky made an Elite Eight appearance with "five players who had not attended a single class that semester." These claims were later disproven by the University and the players in question, including Patrick Patterson, who graduated in three years, and John Wall, who finished the semester in question with a 3.5 GPA.[63] Knight later apologized for his comments stating, "My overall point is that 'one-and-dones' are not healthy for college basketball. I should not have made it personal to Kentucky and its players and I apologize."[64]
  • Former Indiana basketball player Todd Jadlow has written a book alleging that from 1985 to 1989 former IU coach Bob Knight punched him, broke a clipboard over his his head, and squeezed his testicles and the testicles of other Hoosiers, among other abuses.[65]

You should have asked him how many of these things he remembers:

1970s[edit]
  • It was reported (although years after the incident) that Knight choked and punched IU's longtime sports information director, Kit Klingelhoffer, in the 1970s, over a news release that upset the coach.[7]
  • On December 7, 1974, Indiana and Kentucky met in the regular season in Bloomington with a 98-74 Indiana win. Near the end of the game, Bob Knight went to the Kentucky bench where the official was standing to complain about a call. Before he left, Knight hit Kentucky coach Joe B. Hall in the back of the head.[43] UK's assistant coach Lynn Nance, a former FBI agent who was about 6 feet 5 inches, had to be restrained by Hall from hitting Knight. Hall later said, "It publicly humiliated me."[44] Knight said the slap to the head was something he has done, "affectionately" to his own players for years. "But maybe someone would not like that," he said. "If Joe didn't like it, I offer an apology. I don't apologize for the intent." ... "Hall and I have been friends for a long time," Knight said. "If he wants to dissolve the friendship, that's up to him."[45] Knight blamed the furor on Hall, noting in his inimitable style, "If it was meant to be malicious, I'd have blasted the into the seats."[46]
  • During the 1979 Pan American Games in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Knight was accused of assaulting a police officer while coaching the US Basketball team before a practice session. He was later convicted in absentia to a six-month jail sentence, but extradition efforts by the Puerto Rican government were not successful.[47]
1980s[edit]
  • In a game at Bloomington on January 31, 1981 between Indiana and Purdue, Hoosier star Isiah Thomas allegedly hit Purdue guard Roosevelt Barnes in what some critics described as a "sucker punch".[48] Video replay shown by Knight later showed Barnes had mistakenly thrown the first punch, and that Thomas was merely reacting to this. When the two schools played their second game of the season at Purdue on February 7, 1981, Knight claimed a number of derisive chants were directed at him, his wife, and Indiana University. In response Knight invited Purdue athletic director George King on his weekly television show to discuss the matter, but King declined. Therefore, in place of King, Knight brought onto the show a "jackass" (male donkey) wearing a Purdue hat as a representative of Purdue.[49][50] The 1980–81 Hoosiers would go on to win the 1981 NCAA National Championship, the school's fourth national title.
  • On Saturday, February 23, 1985 during a game at Bloomington between Purdue and Indiana, just five minutes into the game, a scramble for a loose ball resulted in a foul call on Indiana's Marty Simmons. Immediately after the resumption of play, a foul was called on Indiana's Daryl Thomas. Knight, irate, insisted the first of the two calls should have been for a jump ball and ultimately received a technical foul. Purdue's Steve Reid stepped to the free throw line to shoot the resulting free throws, but before he could, Knight grabbed a red plastic chair from Indiana's bench and threw it across the floor toward the basket in front of Reid. Knight was charged with second and third technical fouls and was ejected from the game. He apologized for his actions the next day and was given a one-game suspension and two years probation from the Big Ten. Since the incident, Knight has occasionally joked about throwing the chair by saying that he saw an old lady standing on the opposite sideline and threw her the chair so she could sit down.[51][52]
  • Women's groups nationwide were outraged by Knight's comments during an April 1988 interview with Connie Chung in which he said, "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it." The same comment had already gotten weatherman Tex Antoine fired from WABC-TV in New York twelve years earlier and would ultimately derail the Texas gubernatorial bid of Clayton Williamstwo years later.[53] Knight's comment was in reference to an Indiana basketball game in which he felt the referees were making poor calls against the Hoosiers.
1990s[edit]
  • At a practice leading up to an Indiana-Purdue game in West Lafayette in 1991, Knight unleashed a torrent of expletives and threats designed to motivate his Indiana team. In one portion he exclaims he is " tired of losing to Purdue." Unknown to most, someone was secretly taping the speech. The speech has since gone viral and has over 1.84 million views on YouTube alone.[54] Although it is still not known who taped the speech, many former players suspect it was former manager and current NBA assistant coach Lawrence Frank. Players who were present were unable to remember the specific speech because such expletive-filled outbursts by Knight were so frequent.[55]
  • In March 1992 prior to the NCAA regional finals, controversy erupted after Knight playfully mock whipped Indiana players Calbert Cheaney and Pat Graham during practice. The bullwhip had been given to Knight as a gift from his team. Several black leaders complained at the racial connotations of the act, given that Cheaney was a black student.[56]
  • In January 1993, Knight mentioned the arrival of Ivan Renko to his team as a trick meant to expose disreputable basketball recruiting experts. Even though Renko was completely fictitious, several recruiting services started listing him as a prospect.
  • Knight was recorded berating an NCAA volunteer at a March 1995 post-game press conference following a 65–60 loss to Missouri in the first round of the NCAA tournament held in Boise, Idaho. The volunteer, Rance Pugmire, informed the press that Knight would not be attending the press conference, when in reality, Knight was running a few minutes late and had planned on attending per NCAA rules. Knight was shown saying: "You've only got two people that are going to tell you I'm not going to be here. One is our SID [Sports Information Director], and the other is me. Who the hell told you I wasn't going to be here? I'd like to know. Do you have any idea who it was?...Who?...They were from Indiana, right?...No, they weren't from Indiana, and you didn't get it from anybody from Indiana, did you?...No, I—I'll handle this the way I want to handle it now that I'm here. You (EXPLETIVE) it up to begin with. Now just sit there or leave. I don't give (EXPLETIVE) what you do. Now back to the game."[57]
  • Former Indiana player Neil Reed alleged that Knight had grabbed him by the neck in a choking manner during a 1997 practice. A videotape of the incident was shown on CNN.[7]
2000s[edit]
  • On February 19, 2000, Clarence Doninger, Knight's boss, alleged to have been physically threatened by the coach during a confrontation after a game.[7]
  • An Indiana investigation inquired about an allegation in which Knight berated and physically intimidated a university secretary, once throwing a potted plant in anger, showering her with glass and debris. The university later asked the coach to issue an apology to the secretary.[7]
  • It was alleged that Knight attacked assistant coach Ron Felling, throwing him out of a chair after overhearing him criticizing the basketball program in a phone conversation.[7]
  • On September 8, 2000, Indiana freshman Kent Harvey told campus police Knight grabbed him roughly by the arm and berated him for speaking to the coach disrespectfully. Knight admitted putting his hand on the student's arm and lecturing him on civility, but denied that he was rough or raised his voice. The coach was fired from the university two days later.[7]
  • Two days after Knight was fired from Indiana University, Jeremy Schaap of ESPN interviewed him and discussed his time at Indiana. Towards the end of the interview, Knight talked about his son, Pat, who had also been dismissed by the university, wanting an opportunity to be a head coach. Schaap, thinking that Knight was finished, attempted to move on to another subject, but Knight insisted on continuing about his son. Schaap repeatedly tried to ask another question when Knight shifted the conversation to Schaap's style of interviewing, notably chastising him about interruptions. Knight then commented (referring to Schaap's father, Dick Schaap), "You've got a long way to go to be as good as your dad!"[58]
  • In March 2006, a student's heckling at Baylor University resulted in Knight having to be restrained by a police officer. The incident was not severe enough to warrant any action from the Big 12 Conference.[59]
  • On November 13, 2006, Knight was shown allegedly hitting player Michael Prince under the chin to get him to make eye contact. Although Knight didn't comment on the incident afterwards and has not yet done so, Prince, his parents, and Texas Tech Athletic Director Gerald Myers insisted that Knight did nothing wrong and that he merely lifted Prince's chin and told him, "Hold your head up and don't worry about mistakes. Just play the game." Prince commented, "He was trying to teach me and I had my head down so he raised my chin up. He was telling me to go out there and don't be afraid to make mistakes. He said I was being too hard on myself."[60]
  • On October 21, 2007, James Simpson of Lubbock, Texas, accused Knight of firing a shotgun in his direction after he yelled at Knight and another man for hunting too close to his home.[61]Knight denied the allegations. An argument between the two men was recorded via camera phone and aired later on television.[62]
  • On December 17, 2009, Knight insulted longtime rival Kentucky and its coach John Calipari, saying, "We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching. You see we've got a coach at Kentucky, who put two schools [UMass and Memphis] on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."
2010s[edit]
  • On April 18, 2011, video surfaced showing Knight responding to a question concerning John Calipari and Kentucky's men's basketball team by stating that in the previous season, Kentucky made an Elite Eight appearance with "five players who had not attended a single class that semester." These claims were later disproven by the University and the players in question, including Patrick Patterson, who graduated in three years, and John Wall, who finished the semester in question with a 3.5 GPA.[63] Knight later apologized for his comments stating, "My overall point is that 'one-and-dones' are not healthy for college basketball. I should not have made it personal to Kentucky and its players and I apologize."[64]
  • Former Indiana basketball player Todd Jadlow has written a book alleging that from 1985 to 1989 former IU coach Bob Knight punched him, broke a clipboard over his his head, and squeezed his testicles and the testicles of other Hoosiers, among other abuses.[65]

When you take all the "alleged's" and "allegedly's" out of this, how much is actually left?

And his comments about Calipari seem accurate to me.

As i said previously on this topic (other thread?)—it's fine that JB advocated for playing in 'big cities.' Perfectly fine. Makes sense. The ugly/stupid part was when he insulted a city in order to make that argument. If you need to get personal with my comments, you might want to recognize all of what JB said/did, and not just cherrypick the unspoiled fruit.
How did he insult the city? It's a small town, there's more value to play it in NYC than there both for business and recruiting. It's only there because of tradition and old connections. Did I miss something?

Years ago I worked at a company where the GM was a sociopath. He got great results for his first year while everyone was terrified of him - after another year anyone left would have crawled a mile over broken glass to piss on his grave. By year three he was fired due to poor performance. Billy Martin had a similar type track record in baseball.

I'm not sure what it tells us about Bobby Knight that he exhibits the dark triad of personality traits and still managed sustained success in his coaching career...but it does tell us something about him.

How did he insult the city? It's a small town, there's more value to play it in NYC than there both for business and recruiting. It's only there because of tradition and old connections. Did I miss something?
If you watch and listen to the PC, and substitute Syracuse for Greensboro, and NCAA Regional for ACC Tournament, and a southern ACC coach said what JB said, Syracuse folks' heads would pop off and that coach would get ripped several new ones.

As I said, it's perfectly cool for JB to tell everyone how great Brooklyn/NYC is. To reminisce about how great MSG was for building the Big East. That would all have been lovely. But he was in a pissy, bratty mood after a third consecutive opening ACC tournament game, and he went petulant and arrogant and ripped a town. A town of people with feelings and an economy. People who have businesses and careers and finances. I don't even know what was the point of stepping on their throats—is the ACC considering going back to Greensboro? Whatever. The other thing—that Greensboro has "no value"—it's not as if the ACC suffered all those years. They were already a pretty significant conference with some pretty significant teams and pretty fantastic tournament tradition. They were already so strong that we needed to join them.

All of this is moot, though. My point was that it's not a strong argument to excuse on person's behavior just because someone else's is worse. Even less strong when the two situations have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Why can't you guys just see/admit that the great, hall of fame coach was acting like a dink for two minutes?

My favorite Knight story is the time he took a dump at halftime, wiped his butt, then showed his team the toilet paper. Because that was how they were playing.

Leader of men.
Never heard this story. Just had to googleconfirm it because it sounded so... unbeweavable. Never liked that guy, but this pushes it to "eleven."

Never heard this story. Just had to googleconfirm it because it sounded so... unbeweavable. Never liked that guy, but this pushes it to "eleven."
I know of another one. This from a kid who was a good player (starter) that transferred to N.C. State. Knight had manure brought in and kept there while the team practiced.

About half the list.

Alleged or alleging - 8 times
claimed - 3 times
reported - 1 time
insulted - 1 time (Hardly a crime)

and the topper ... Reporter/Actress Connie Chung was outraged when Knight used the old saw "When rape is inevitable ..." which I have heard about 1000 times.

Connie Chung claiming "outrage" is about the phoniest. least-believable claim ever made.

To drag all this "might be true" stuff into a conversation about Knight is not your finest work.

Alleged or alleging - 8 times
claimed - 3 times
reported - 1 time
insulted - 1 time (Hardly a crime)

and the topper ... Reporter/Actress Connie Chung was outraged when Knight used the old saw "When rape is inevitable ..." which I have heard about 1000 times.

Connie Chung claiming "outrage" is about the phoniest. least-believable claim ever made.

To drag all this "might be true" stuff into a conversation about Knight is not your finest work.

Oh gosh - now are you trying to claim that Bobby Knight really isn't that bad of a guy?

Oh gosh - now are you trying to claim that Bobby Knight really isn't that bad of a guy?

Knight was outspoken and opinionated and the Press --- unused to anyone like that --- smelled blood and piled on. (Look at the absolutely phony clucking of the Press over JB's benign statement about where the ACC tourney should be played.)

Knight did however knit his own noose. He was unconventional and brash and sometimes physical.

But lots of it was overblown. I have watched the chair throwing (actually skidding) many times and no one was injured, not even the chair.

TCU took the gamble and the heat and he produced for them where few could have.

I know of another one. This from a kid who was a good player (starter) that transferred to N.C. State. Knight had manure brought in and kept there while the team practiced.

Gasp!

Real manure?

Oh the inhumanity!

My favorite Knight story is the time he took a dump at halftime, wiped his butt, then showed his team the toilet paper. Because that was how they were playing.

Leader of men.

OMG. Was anyone hurt? Did anyone faint?

Is your favorite movie Gran Torino, Up, or No Country for Old Men?

You would think that the generation that follows its dogs around with little plastic bags and picks up their warm poop would not get the vapors over the thought of some cow manure inside a gym.

I think Knight doing that is funny and it may have made enough impact on the players so that they upped their intensity.

Of course, I know nothing about "safe spaces" and micro-aggressions.

You would think that the generation that follows its dogs around with little plastic bags and picks up their warm poop would not get the vapors over the thought of some cow manure inside a gym.

I think Knight doing that is funny and it may have made enough impact on the players so that they upped their intensity.

Of course, I know nothing about "safe spaces" and micro-aggressions.
Or about how to treat other people it would seem. Or about common decency. Knight was just a bully and a liar. He was a successful basketball coach but even that in his final years at Indiana was fading.

Are you serious? You think this is proper conduct for a man in education?

So when faced with a team that --- in his opinion --- was playing poorly he should have assigned a motivational reading assignment?

Or maybe they could have popped over and watched an Arthur Miller play with the theme of untapped potential?

I'm reminded of the old joke about the stubborn eplephant and the two by four in which the punch line is "First you have to get his attention."

So when faced with a team that --- in his opinion --- was playing poorly he should have assigned a motivational reading assignment?

Or maybe they could have popped over and watched an Arthur Miller play with the theme of untapped potential?

I'm reminded of the old joke about the stubborn eplephant and the two by four in which the punch line is "First you have to get his attention."
Yes. You are right, of course. The only way to get their attention was to show them the crap on his toilet paper.

Or about how to treat other people it would seem. Or about common decency. Knight was just a bully and a liar. He was a successful basketball coach but even that in his final years at Indiana was fading.

He was trying to get their attention.

Your interjection of "common decency" into this makes me think you are hyperventilating.

Status
Not open for further replies.