OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead" | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, Dasher. You seem pretty squeamish about stuff like horses and their offal. I'm not sure that's believable.

And if you do decide to go over the White House fence, I'd recommend you throw your backpack over the fence first and then climb over it.[/QUOTE
I would expect that you would be more likely to go to the White House than me. You are the one that idolizes guys like that.

If he needed to do something like that to get their attention, it's almost a certainty a.) he was by then incoherent; b.) bereft of "people skills;" c.) his team had long ago tuned him out for his irrational behavior; d.) had no idea how to do that in the first place; e.) all of the above.

Life is not a series of unrelated segments. By the time you reach 50 years of age, you are who you've chosen to be. He's a jackass, happily, willingly and magnificently so. Being a good basketball coach doesn't change that.

You apparently feel it was a BIG thing.

I feel that while disgusting and unlikely to be effective that it was a SMALL thing. And that people that don't like Bobby Knight sieze upon it as one of the crimes of the Century along with skidding that chair across the gym floor.

I think bending a waitress across a table in a restaurant is way, way worse. But that's me.

I feel that while disgusting and unlikely to be effective that it was a SMALL thing. And that people that don't like Bobby Knight sieze upon it as one of the crimes of the Century along with skidding that chair across the gym floor.

I think bending a waitress across a table in a restaurant is way, way worse. But that's me.
straw man alert. Who did that to a waitress and who said it was okay? No, silly, it wasn't the crime of the century. Knight is only that important in his own mind and maybe yours. He is just a common bully. No more. No less. He couldn't have made it in any other walk of life and he shouldn't have made it in this one. He was thrown off his high school team for being a jerk off.

If I'd tried the toilet paper trick, I'd have been fired, lost my certification and probably charged with an offense. I never had to worry about anything like that, however. See if you can figure out why. :)

I am less interested in politics than anyone you know.

Both parties are filled with liars, knaves, thieves and worse yet, ideologues who want to bend the country towards their own vision of Utopia.

I live among these K Street lawyers and lobbyists and they are getting rich by ginning up phony controversies like the current school bathroom flap and then collecting millions from supporters on both side of a ridiculous argument.

I like Bobby Knight in spite of his flaws. I appreciate his body of basketball work.

Both parties are filled with liars, knaves, thieves and worse yet, ideologues who want to bend the country towards their own vision of Utopia.

I live among these K Street lawyers and lobbyists and they are getting rich by ginning up phony controversies like the current school bathroom flap and then collecting millions from supporters on both side of a ridiculous argument.

I like Bobby Knight in spite of his flaws. I appreciate his body of basketball work.
He had some great accomplishments in hoop. He also didn't finish well. His last 6 years at I.U. , he didn't reach the second weekend. That made it a lot easier to fire his bully ass.

If I'd tried the toilet paper trick, I'd have been fired, lost my certification and probably charged with an offense. I never had to worry about anything like that, however. See if you can figure out why. :)

There are different environments.

Our drill instructor in Basic Training required people who appeared to have not shaven closely enough to sit under overturned trash barrels in the blazing sun and shave their faces with nothing other than their own sweat.

Now you couldn't do that to high school to students.

I think his record of basketball wins and losses is no more than that. Just some numbers. And they don't excuse him from his conscious choice to be a wretched, sub-human life form.

There's nothing wrong with ginning up controversies ...

There are different environments.

Our drill instructor in Basic Training required people who appeared to have not shaven closely enough to sit under overturned trash barrels in the blazing sun and shave their faces with nothing other than their own sweat.

Now you couldn't do that to high school to students.

No offense, but are you for real, or is "Townie72" some sort of caricature, molded by your imagination?

I think his record of basketball wins and losses is no more than that. Just some numbers. And they don't excuse him from his conscious choice to be a wretched, sub-human life form.

There you have it.

"a wretched, sub-human life form"

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

No offense, but are you for real, or is "Townie72" some sort of caricature, molded by your imagination?

You need to get out in the world more, Sam. Being cloistered among people like yourself and who agree with you on everything is not the way to understand the world.

There's nothing wrong with ginning up controversies ...

If that's your business, there isn't.

It seems to work very, very well for some.

I forgot who said it, but, "If the Lord didn't want them fleeced, he wouldn't have made them sheep.'

What about this changes what JB said? Why can't they both be ugly statements?
Suggesting this excuses JB, because of 'perspective' is like saying we can't talk about a single hate crime because... nazis.
Anyone who thinks Greensboro should host a large event, other than furniture sales, has never been to Greensboro.

straw man alert. Who did that to a waitress and who said it was okay? No, silly, it wasn't the crime of the century. Knight is only that important in his own mind and maybe yours. He is just a common bully. No more. No less. He couldn't have made it in any other walk of life and he shouldn't have made it in this one. He was thrown off his high school team for being a jerk off.
Townie supported Mike Rice and Don Imus. This argument is going nowhere.

Townie supported Mike Rice and Don Imus. This argument is going nowhere.

AZOrange. Our representative from the Overly-Sensitive and Humorless contingent. Still smarting over a single unkind phrase uttered by Don Imus among thousands of other unkind phrases.

I guess you're not a fan of ethnic humor either.

AZOrange. Our representative from the Overly-Sensitive and Humorless contingent. Still smarting over a single unkind phrase uttered by Don Imus among thousands of other unkind phrases.

Ethnic humor? This ought to be good. Humor me.

I am in awe of this thread and just happy to be a spectator.

Ethnic humor? Hmmm ... there's some separation between having fun with our differences and laughing at someone because they're different.

There you have it.

"a wretched, sub-human life form"

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

The rules of decorum and a sense of propriety enjoin me from describing what he really is. Too bad he never had any sense of the same. And you don't need to be an AH to be a good and successful coach.

The rules of decorum and a sense of propriety enjoin me from describing what he really is. Too bad he never had any sense of the same. And you don't need to be an AH to be a good and successful coach.

Agreed. Nobody can knock his accomplishments between the lines, as both a player and a coach. If there were a Mt. Rushmore of college basketball coaches, his face would probably be on it.

But his boorish behavior and sometimes out of control conduct diminish those accomplishments, in my opinion. Some people are their own worst enemies when it comes to self-sabotage. For all of his skill as a coach, and he was an elite coach, he completely submarined himself. He's always been a stubborn guy, and in the end that undermined his cause and did him in.

Agreed. Nobody can knock his accomplishments between the lines, as both a player and a coach. If there were a Mt. Rushmore of college basketball coaches, his face would probably be on it.

But his boorish behavior and sometimes out of control conduct diminish those accomplishments, in my opinion. Some people are their own worst enemies when it comes to self-sabotage. For all of his skill as a coach, and he was an elite coach, he completely submarined himself. He's always been a stubborn guy, and in the end that undermined his cause and did him in.
So much so that when I think of the top 5 in sports he is easily top 5. Easily.

Ethnic humor? This ought to be good. Humor me.

I doubt your hyper-sensitivity will allow you to be humored. You'd be way to busy trying to figure out which parts offended you or anyone else like yak herders in Mongolia.

There's a reason Seinfeld won't appear on college campuses anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.