OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead" | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT Bob Knight on Indiana admins who fired him: "I hope they're all dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was trying to get their attention.

Your interjection of "common decency" into this makes me think you are hyperventilating.
LOL You talk very foolish and silly. Knight was a bully who in the end, got what he deserved. It was a shame that that it took so long.

Yes. You are right, of course. The only way to get their attention was to show them the crap on his toilet paper.

Of course it wasn't the only way. And I'm not crazy about it myself.

But it was quick and easy and effective enough so that decades later people are still talking about it (QED).

Of course it wasn't the only way. And I'm not crazy about it myself.

But it was quick and easy and effective enough so that decades later people are still talking about it (QED).
People talking about something decades later doesn't mean it was effective. It just means it was vile.

People talking about something decades later doesn't mean it was effective. It just means it was vile.

But it also means it was memorable. And that was the point.

Do you own a dog? How does a person with such finely-tuned sensibilities stand it?

But it also means it was memorable. And that was the point.

Do you own a dog? How does a person with such finely-tuned sensibilities stand it?
You are talking gibberish. Try to stay on point. Otherwise you look like a dolt. this isn't about dogs. this is about a vile bully. And to answer your question, yes I own a dog. His name is Townie72

You are talking gibberish. Try to stay on point. Otherwise you look like a dolt. this isn't about dogs. this is about a vile bully. And to answer your question, yes I own a dog. His name is Townie72

Wait a minute. Weren't you reviled by the very thought of Knight showing his team some excrement on some toilet paper or bringing in manure?

Or at least you say you were.

It's funny the lengths people will go to to support their side of an argument.

And thanks for naming your dog after me. I'm honored.

Are you a poop picker-upper or are you fortunate enough to live somewhere that that's not necessary?

Knight was outspoken and opinionated and the Press --- unused to anyone like that --- smelled blood and piled on. (Look at the absolutely phony clucking of the Press over JB's benign statement about where the ACC tourney should be played.)

Knight did however knit his own noose. He was unconventional and brash and sometimes physical.

But lots of it was overblown. I have watched the chair throwing (actually skidding) many times and no one was injured, not even the chair.

TCU took the gamble and the heat and he produced for them where few could have.
Knight didn't coach at TCU

Wait a minute. Weren't you reviled by the very thought of Knight showing his team some excrement on some toilet paper or bringing in manure?

Or at least you say you were.

It's funny the lengths people will go to to support their side of an argument.

And thanks for naming your dog after me. I'm honored.

Are you a poop picker-upper or are you fortunate enough to live somewhere that that's not necessary?
I take him by your house.

Can't say I don't watch this when I want to laugh.
Warning:NSFW

Wow, I'm farging laughing so hard I'm literally crying. Thanks for posting as it's one of the funniest videos I've ever seen and it couldn't have come at a better time. :rolling:

I take him by your house.
Bring em by. The deer are a much. much bigger problem. I let the lawn people worry about that sort of thing.

I grew up in a neighborhood where everybody had a dog and no one owned a leash. Every touch football game ever played was interrupted at least once for someone to clean the stuff off their sneaks.

We flourished.

Bring em by. The deer are a much. much bigger problem. I let the lawn people worry about that sort of thing.

I grew up in a neighborhood where everybody had a dog and no one owned a leash. Every touch football game ever played was interrupted at least once for someone to clean the stuff off their sneaks.

We flourished.
Maybe. But people that didn't live near any of you, never wanted to be with you down wind

Honestly, it's been how long ago? Grow up and move on. Life isn't fair and at times we've all been wronged. In his case I'm not even sure his firing was unfair.

I've found through personal experience when you let go of the hate and anger you're able to actually enjoy the present more fully.

One of my CEOs favorites was "I don't know how we could ever get along without you, but starting Monday, we'll try."

One of my CEOs favorites was "I don't know how we could ever get along without you, but starting Monday, we'll try."

In the era of downsizing, they surveyed those that were cut and found that many of these people thought they were irreplaceable and acted that way.

Dasher seems to have dropped off the conversation.

And they just caught a guy climbing over the fence at the White House.

Could these two events be related?

That whole thing ticked me off, it was typical Knight, Senior Day is supposed to be about the kids and their families, but of course Coach self centered jackass made it about himself. Like always. He could give a crap about the kids, he cares about Bob Knight and Bob Knight only. As far as this latest statement, no shock, classless statement from a classless man.

Consider that I liked this 15 times.

Knight's definitely an a-hole. He's also definitely suffering from dementia. I ran into him last year at Spanish Bay. He was wandering around the place by himself looking very lost and confused. My bro and I walked up to him to say hi and pay our respects. He was friendly but very confused when we told him we were 'Cuse fans and joked about the '87 title game. He had know idea what we were talking about. It was a really sad encounter.

That's sad. For as much as I've always disliked him, I'd never wish that on anyone. Or what he said, either.

Dasher seems to have dropped off the conversation.

And they just caught a guy climbing over the fence at the White House.

Could these two events be related?
No townie. Life actually got in the way of my postings. Plus, I was leading a team of horses over to your house so they could unload themselves of Knight's motivational tactics.

If you watch and listen to the PC, and substitute Syracuse for Greensboro, and NCAA Regional for ACC Tournament, and a southern ACC coach said what JB said, Syracuse folks' heads would pop off and that coach would get ripped several new ones.

As I said, it's perfectly cool for JB to tell everyone how great Brooklyn/NYC is. To reminisce about how great MSG was for building the Big East. That would all have been lovely. But he was in a pissy, bratty mood after a third consecutive opening ACC tournament game, and he went petulant and arrogant and ripped a town. A town of people with feelings and an economy. People who have businesses and careers and finances. I don't even know what was the point of stepping on their throats—is the ACC considering going back to Greensboro? Whatever. The other thing—that Greensboro has "no value"—it's not as if the ACC suffered all those years. They were already a pretty significant conference with some pretty significant teams and pretty fantastic tournament tradition. They were already so strong that we needed to join them.

All of this is moot, though. My point was that it's not a strong argument to excuse on person's behavior just because someone else's is worse. Even less strong when the two situations have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Why can't you guys just see/admit that the great, hall of fame coach was acting like a dink for two minutes?

I don't disagree, but I also think he could have been more tactful. Okay, considerably more.

He was trying to get their attention.

Your interjection of "common decency" into this makes me think you are hyperventilating.

If he needed to do something like that to get their attention, it's almost a certainty a.) he was by then incoherent; b.) bereft of "people skills;" c.) his team had long ago tuned him out for his irrational behavior; d.) had no idea how to do that in the first place; e.) all of the above.

Life is not a series of unrelated segments. By the time you reach 50 years of age, you are who you've chosen to be. He's a jackass, happily, willingly, intractably, and magnificently so. Being a good basketball coach doesn't change that.

Last edited:
No townie. Life actually got in the way of my postings. Plus, I was leading a team of horses over to your house so they could unload themselves of Knight's motivational tactics.

I don't know, Dasher. You seem pretty squeamish about stuff like horses and their offal. I'm not sure that's believable.

And if you do decide to go over the White House fence, I'd recommend you throw your backpack over the fence first and then climb over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.