OT: Golden State is now on pace to win 70 games | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Golden State is now on pace to win 70 games

What sucks for Golden State is that the West is so deep they will have 3 really hard series to get to the Finals. Also, if Atlanta is sold to the Seattle group that wants to bring a team back there you would be adding another quality team.

If Hanson buys the Hawks and moves them to Seattle the NBA would have to likely move Minnesota to the East and that would be hilarious.

NBA needs to keep the Hawks in Atlanta. Not sure what the infatuation with Seattle is, but isn't Atlanta still one of the biggest growing urban areas?

But I'd guess none of those teams were in a league as stacked with so many other really good teams at the top. At any rate, there's a good chance Golden State won't even end up with the best record in the league.

I bet they do; maybe that's because i don't totally buy Atlanta. They have a 5 game lead over Memphis.

I'm not sayign they're gonna win, but the better teams win in NBA a lot more often than they do in baseball. That's all.

I'm not sayign they're gonna win, but the better teams win in NBA a lot more often than they do in baseball. That's all.
These days, I definitely agree with that.

Oh Dallas for sure! I just think they are so good it doesn't matter tho... Makes you wonder how much Mark Jackson was holding them back.
I don't think Mark Jackson was holding them back. Team in the NBA usually go through progressions, going further and further until they make the Finals and win it. We have no clue how GS will do in the post season with a very good chance they get the best 8th seed in the history of the sport (OKC) to start things off.

NBA needs to keep the Hawks in Atlanta. Not sure what the infatuation with Seattle is, but isn't Atlanta still one of the biggest growing urban areas?
While you may be right. Atlanta fans never fillup their arena for any sport but football. If Hansen flashes 2 billion and the city gets a new arena then Seattle will get a team.
Seattle got its team hijacked from them. Bennett bought the Sonics with the sole intent to move them to OKC.

I don't think Mark Jackson was holding them back. Team in the NBA usually go through progressions, going further and further until they make the Finals and win it. We have no clue how GS will do in the post season with a very good chance they get the best 8th seed in the history of the sport (OKC) to start things off.

I think he was holding them back a little. They had a very unimaginative offense last year (I think they had the most iso's in the league) when you think about how many good passers they have; doesn't really make sense.

Lebron and Mark Jackson share an agent. Jackson's known as a defensive coach and the Cavs can't play defense.

David Blatt is rumored to be on the hotseat. I bet Jackson is the next Cavs coach next year.

Jackson doesn't get enough credit for instilling a defensive culture in Golden state and Jackson was the guy who wanted Klay Thompson right after he took that job as HC.

I think he was holding them back a little. They had a very unimaginative offense last year (I think they had the most iso's in the league) when you think about how many good passers they have; doesn't really make sense.
You cannot disrespect the caterpillar and rave about the butterfly.

;)

While you may be right. Atlanta fans never fillup their arena for any sport but football. If Hansen flashes 2 billion and the city gets a new arena then Seattle will get a team.
Seattle got its team hijacked from them. Bennett bought the Sonics with the sole intent to move them to OKC.
They've been selling out recently. Atliens love to jump on the bandwagon.

Pretty amazing, I guess there was enough doubt about Curry at the time as far as what position he was gonna play, small school, etc. Sure seems dumb now though.

Curry has a pretty good argument to be the best shooter of all time, right? His lowest full season 3 point % is 42.4, and he leads the league in 3's attempoted. Also, of all the great shooters, he probably takes the most jumpers off the dribble as opposed to spotting up.

You're absolutely right. And on a related note, I can't wait to see the 3-point contest this year. Curry and Korver have both agreed and will be the favorites to win. While Curry is obviously a better all-around player, Korver is lights-out from downtown. 53.5% from 3 this year! (140 of 243) Huge part of the Hawks' success.

Lebron and Mark Jackson share an agent. Jackson's known as a defensive coach and the Cavs can't play defense.

David Blatt is rumored to be on the hotseat. I bet Jackson is the next Cavs coach next year.

Jackson doesn't get enough credit for instilling a defensive culture in Golden state and Jackson was the guy who wanted Klay Thompson right after he took that job as HC.

Golden State is actually playing even better defense under Kerr than they did Jackson, although i agree Jackson is a good defensive coach. I think offensively they went from good to great which is the biggest difference.

I think they roll whoever they play in the first round unless somehow it is San Antonio. They've already proven they can beat OKC (2 out oif 3) and Houston(sweep) even when both are at full strength. Also I don't know if it will be as easy to catch Phoenix as everyone assumes for OKC. They have been playing just as good as anyone in the West the last couple weeks as well.

You are 100 percent correct. Clay Bennett is the Devil.
As a basketball and Sonic fan, I would prefer not to steal Atlanta's team. Didn't want to steal Sacremento's either... It just seems that we (Seattle market) are being used as a bargaining chip to get every other team a better arena deal.

Golden State is actually playing even better defense under Kerr than they did Jackson, although i agree Jackson is a good defensive coach. I think offensively they went from good to great which is the biggest difference.

I think they roll whoever they play in the first round unless somehow it is San Antonio. They've already proven they can beat OKC (2 out oif 3) and Houston(sweep) even when both are at full strength. Also I don't know if it will be as easy to catch Phoenix as everyone assumes for OKC. They have been playing just as good as anyone in the West the last couple weeks as well.
Phoenix is 3 games up on OKC. The Thunder IMO will finish the rest of the year atleast 5 games better than the Suns.

OKC could beat Golden state in round one. They beat the Thunder in one game without Durant, and the second game Durant sprained his ankle in it in GS, and a couple of Fridays ago the Thunder beat GS in OKC by 15.

The 7 and 8 seeds are likely going to be some combination of Portland because LA is out 6-8 weeks, San Antonio, LA Clippers, OKC.

The West playoffs are going to be crazy.

How smart was the GS brass on not making the Klay Thompson trade to Minnesota for Kevin Love now.
could get executive of the year for NOT making the trade...often times the best move is the one you don't make.

could get executive of the year for NOT making the trade...often times the best move is the one you don't make.

I was really pro Kevin Love this summer, and I look pretty stupid right now.

West is too good for them to win 70 games, but they are the best team out West this season as long as their guards stay healthy.

East is 4 deep this year with Cleveland as the 5th team.

West is 9 deep this year. Imagine if your Golden State and you win 67 games and your reward in the first round is 8 seed Oklahoma City team that won 49 games because of the injuries to start the year. Their could be some end tanking at the top to avoid San Antonio and OKC in the first round for the Clippers or Mavs/Rockets.
So they probably won't win 70 games. But do you think they can win one at home? With a 40-1 home record?

And Jordan's Bulls would still sweep them in a series.

true, but one would think that he's a terrific candidate for a bounce back season with another team, and I'll bet more than one team banks on that and they end up bidding him up to a max contract

Prior to this season I potentially considered him the 3rd best player in the NBA after Lebron and Durant. Not one of my finer moments.

true, but one would think that he's a terrific candidate for a bounce back season with another team, and I'll bet more than one team banks on that and they end up bidding him up to a max contract

Well, if his market was really th at bad, he could always opt in for a year and try to rebuild his value. I expect him A) to play better as the season goes on, and B) sign for a max, or damn close to it next year, if he chooses to opt out.

The other thing to point out is Cleveland still could very well win the title this year, in which case Love probably doesn';t go anywhere. (Especially since if that happens, you'd have to assume he plays much better than he has so far)

I saw a stat that said the NBA is boring and noone cares anymore about it.

Then how about the 1954 Cleveland Indians or the 2007 New England Patriots?

Or the 1994 Montreal Expos... no record but on a 70-30 run as the strike came.

As for Golden State, they can rest a lot and still keep on winning down the stretch. If they are healthy they are a ridiculously deep team, who can simply rest 2 rotational players each night.

I am rooting so hard for the Warriors to make a deep run to the finals.

For whatever reason, on the few occasions when they have been good I have loved their teams. It seems like when they actually produce a good team it's always one that is a lot of fun to watch, and their crowds always seem incredibly loud which makes watching more fun. I loved Hardaway-Richmond-Mullin. I loved the Chris Webber-Billy Owens-Sprewell-Mullin team. I loved the Baron Davis - Monte Ellis - Stephen Jackson team. And I loved them the last few years, especially a few years ago when Jarrett Jack had a great year off the bench to go with Curry and Thompson.

None of them were real contenders though, just good and entertaining teams. Now they are a real contender. I'd love to see them break through and win it all. I think it all depends on Bogut. They won't do it without him. I almost wish they'd just not play him until like mid-March just to lessen the chance of a season ending injury. The 1 seed is almost meaningless when the Spurs and Thunder lurk as possible 8 seeds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom