OT: Greatest song you've ever heard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Greatest song you've ever heard

First heard Roy Orbison on the transistor radio that I got in 4th grade and thought his voice was unbelievable.(I know I am old). Pretty woman is great - but running scared is surreal

Thunder Road, stripped, Bruce flying solo on the ivories...

Really surprised by 'High Hopes. Always thought Division Bell was their most underrated record.

Not saying this is the best version but...

some more of my favorites
return to enigma return to innocense
now i lay me down to sleep
So much good classial blues instrumentals out there as well.

drinking.. and with Youtube in front of me, got to thinking --- what's the best song you'v ever heard?

About a year ago I started a thread about best tailgating songs and got a number of replies, which was great b/c I found a bunch of new music. So I'm hoping this will generate some interest too.

Now obv we all have top or great songs, but the one that jumps to your mind the moment you read this is the one I'm interested in...

Here's mine:
High Hopes - and this is the version

Thats easy, "One Shining Moment" by Luthur Vandross (sp?), I believe it was circa 2003

My all time favorite song is Duke Ellington's "Mood Indigo." I have eleven different versions of it by Duke alone, plus great covers by Nina Simone, Charles Mingus, Ella, etc.

But, my favorite version of my favorite song is the amazing arrangement by Dr. John, crooning a lyric that perfectly fits the expressiveness of his voice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom