OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

Listen to Sirius/XM NFL Radio...turn it on for 5 min and listen to what is being said by the analysts and so called "experts." Go turn on ESPN and go read ESPN Insider then get back to me.

LOL ESPN insider thats where your getting your ammunition for your "absolute" statements on the outcome of this trade. I guess you missed the NFL network yesterday where they were gushing over the trade. Did ESPN insider also give you the thoughts on the NFL "inner circles" you mentioned. Sorry but your hate of everything Buffalo makes your thoughts the least impartial I have ever seen.

The irony for the "smart football" crowd is that they dumped on Marrone for being too conservative and leaning on the defense get Rexy and 50 carries a game.

Last year they had a mid tier pass offense with EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton.

Now they a ton of dollars tied up in a mid-career back with close to the most carries in the league over the last five years and two first round picks invested into what is now a hood ornament WR in a ground and pound, win with defense organization.

No better at OL or QB, no improvement in draft positioning, and less cap space to deal with either issue.

Why is any of that ironic? Because Jags OL coach wasn't as beloved as you wanted him to be, we have to agree with everything his successor does?

People wonder how the Patriots keep dominating that division- it's because they don't get blinded by the name on the back of the jersey.

Or they just have a GOAT QB. Thanks for the hottest of H0T Takes.

The irony for the "smart football" crowd is that they dumped on Marrone for being too conservative and leaning on the defense get Rexy and 50 carries a game.

Last year they had a mid tier pass offense with EJ Manuel and Kyle Orton.

Now they a ton of dollars tied up in a mid-career back with close to the most carries in the league over the last five years and two first round picks invested into what is now a hood ornament WR in a ground and pound, win with defense organization.

No better at OL or QB, no improvement in draft positioning, and less cap space to deal with either issue.

It's like rain on your wedding day...

tumblr_mwoaypBLsy1qco5auo1_500.gif

FYI: I'm not alone in thinking this is a bad trade. ESPN and their "experts" graded the trade today. Bills got a "C" and Philly got an "A". Check out the "ESPN INSIDER" report on this trade.

Except for a few on this board and die-hard Bills fans who are in love with the "big name" player...the Bills are getting killed for this trade in league circles and among the "experts." It doesn't make them right, but the popular opinion is Philly won this trade for all of the reasons stated and Buffalo made a mistake. McCoy can go out next year and run for 1,500-2,000 yards and score 14 TD's and lead the Bills to the Playoffs and shut me up and prove everyone wrong. But nobody see's that happening. This is a bad fit for McCoy and his skill set
Ugh... Ok, let's try this again.

Kiko is not a fit for a Rex Ryan defense. We already have Bradham and Brown who are just as good as Kiko and don't have 2 ACL tears in 4 years. We are also probably bringing in David Harris which means those 3 become our core linebackers.

We still have money, after reconfiguring McCoy's contract, to re-sign Hughes or another DE, sign a premier OL and bring in a vet QB along with a vet LB.

We flipped an asset coming off an injury who isn't needed to be a Top 3 defense for an elite RB who hopefully has 3 elite years left in him, if not we can cut him at any point after this year without much dead cap money.

We're not paying him $11.9 mil this year or any other year and can cut him at any time after this year if we need the money and his production falls off. If not, his contract isn't that bad after this year and if he performs at an elite level, we have an elite back as another weapon.

So unless you think Kiko is the next great linebacker or you think we could've gotten a better trade for Kiko, this was a great trade BOTH TEAMS.

Why is any of that ironic? Because Jags OL coach wasn't as beloved as you wanted him to be, we have to agree with everything his successor does?

Or they just have a GOAT QB. Thanks for the hottest of H0T Takes.
idiotic punts and running the ball aren't the same thing. even go knows that

leaning on your defense late in games where you're behind and need to score is stupid and sets you up for your next job as assistant to the regional manager

LOL ESPN insider thats where your getting your ammunition for your "absolute" statements on the outcome of this trade. I guess you missed the NFL network yesterday where they were gushing over the trade. Did ESPN insider also give you the thoughts on the NFL "inner circles" you mentioned. Sorry but your hate of everything Buffalo makes your thoughts the least impartial I have ever seen.
Crack all the little jokes you want, point is I'm not alone in this thinking. You make it sound like this is a no-brainer move that every team would have done and the Bills got the steal of the century. Many people see it different. Time will tell who is right on this. I will be on this board willing to talk about it. Hope you are willing a in about 9 months or so to revisit this. I'm guessing you may not be.

Some team will break the bank for him. So if Buffalo wants to keep him they better be ready to pony up. Otherwise you let him walk and it's another spot to fill on defense

That's fine with me. You can get a guy in that spot that can get you 75-80% of the production at 1/3 the cost.

I think Hughes was great the last two years, especially last year, but he had a mediocre run in Indy and one of the main reasons he was as effective as he was, IMO, was because of the three studs lined up with him.

We're not paying him $11.9 mil this year or any other year and can cut him at any time after this year if we need the money and his production falls off.

If you are already thinking about cutting him and worried about his production why give up a quality LB only making $400,000 then for him? Probably could have used Kiko to get a better player you aren't in a rush or worried about having to cut cause of his contract and his wear and tear.

Yeah because the Dolphins are in such great shape, right?

A lot of cap room, a franchise quarterback, 1100 yard rusher, Cameron Wake/Reshad Jones/Jared Odrick/Brent Grimes and now potentially Suh.

I've seen many teams, including the Bills and Jets presently, look much much worse.

Crack all the little jokes you want, point is I'm not alone in this thinking. You make it sound like this is a no-brainer move that every team would have done and the Bills got the steal of the century. Many people see it different. Time will tell who is right on this. I will be on this board willing to talk about it. Hope you are willing a in about 9 months or so to revisit this. I'm guessing you may not be.

LOL again where do you get this stuff. Who on here said this is a no brainer move or steal of the century? I certainly didn't in fact I said I had mixed feelings at best. However, your responding with absolutes about how NFL insider circles are killing the Bills and all the experts are saying the Eagles won the trade in a landslide. The only person I see here saying this is an absolute anything is you.

I have no problem admitting when the Bills have made a bad move and I surely won't have an issue admitting this is a bad move if Mccoy is a disaster or Alonso turns into Jack Lambert re-incarnated. Just funny how every single Bills move you label as awful or the worst decision you have ever seen. If Buffalo got a 22 year old Jim Kelly again and traded EJ Manuel for him you would find away to blast the Bills.

Brent Axe ‏@BrentAxeMedia
The Buffalo Bills just announced that the team has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings to acquire QB Matt Cassel
Not the worst move in the world. Wouldn't have been my first choice but I would take Cassel over Vick any day. It's about a push with him and Sanchez honestly. Probably would have rather had Glennon or Hoyer than Cassel, but finding a QB is tough. Depending on what they are paying him and how high this staff thinks of EJ, the Bills could maybe make another move at QB and totally open up the competition among 3 guys.

that's debatable

4000 yards, 25+ Td's, <15 int's, 92.8 rating.

The man lacks a reliable o-line. I'd say, after watching him every game for 3 years, he's a top 10 quarterback easy.

He'd have 30+ td's and 4500 yards if Wallace would catch the ball with 2 hands and quit playing for top 10s.

Matt Cassell is an Alex Smith type. I'm cool with it. Realistically he's about as good as you can do in this QB FA period. You can't say Sanchez/Hoyer/Locker/Moore are better or worse, it's just about who fits your system the best.

They have a top 5 defense with a lot of weapons on offense. The Bills are in good shape moving into the draft. Roman's offense is a ground and pound and EJ excels on the bootlegs. All he needs to do is be a game manager and this is a wild card team. People can tear apart the moves as much as they want but this roster is 10 times better since the day Doug Whaley became the GM. On a side note does anyone remember how they got Kiko? It was a trade back in the first round with the Rams so they could get Austin from WVU and they gave us there 1st and 2nd round selections. To me this off season is shaping up well and when Greeney on ESPN is talking up the Bills you know they have done something right.

Matt Cassell is an Alex Smith type. I'm cool with it. Realistically he's about as good as you can do in this QB FA period. You can't say Sanchez/Hoyer/Locker/Moore are better or worse, it's just about who fits your system the best.
Moore is far worse. Sanchez is slightly worse. Hoyer is about the same. Locker has a better upside but as of today Cassel is better. Depending on the draft pick they gave up and what round it is in, this is a solid trade for the Bills

A lot of cap room, a franchise quarterback, 1100 yard rusher, Cameron Wake/Reshad Jones/Jared Odrick/Brent Grimes and now potentially Suh.

I've seen many teams, including the Bills and Jets presently, look much much worse.
You're not making a very good argument.

all our problems are solved now!

McEichel and Cassel in the same off season!

It's a shame your previous HC isn't around anymore. An offensive mind like that *and* Matt Cassel?! Fugeddaboudit.