OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

Ignoring our QB issue? Trading for McCoy wasn't done at the expense of signing Aaron Rodgers. We will sign a vet QB like a Sanchez/Hoyer/Moore/Locker type but there's not much out there. Maybe we can trade for a Foles, but that's a longshot. We have a ton of cap space and from what I read we are prepared to pay him a large lump sum up front to decrease the $10 mil cap hit. We traded a promising LB coming off his SECOND ACL injury and we already have two stud young linebackers in Bradham/Brown. Kiko isn't needed when we most likely bring in David Harris.

If Buffalo could re-work that conctract it would be a big win for them. His cap #'s go way down the next two years but its definitely high this year.

Bills are going to get Revis and then sign Iupati, who is on the downside of his career. They would be better off signing better OL guys and then filling in with a RB by committee approach.

People wonder how the Patriots keep dominating that division- it's because they don't get blinded by the name on the back of the jersey.

If they go and get TE like Julius Thomas and address at least one guard spot, Bills have a chance to make the playoffs if the defense plays to the same level.

But that would have been true with a healthy Spiller in the backfield, at less than half the price.

If they go and get TE like Julius Thomas and address at least one guard spot, Bills have a chance to make the playoffs if the defense plays to the same level.

But that would have been true with a healthy Spiller in the backfield, at less than half the price.
After reading the Bills tweets and messageboard this morning, the cap hit is not going to be $10 mil. Pegula will pay up front to get the cap hit down. Also, for everyone saying McCoy is old, he's younger than Spiller and about 100x better.

"Healthy Spiller" is an oxymoron

Yeah cause I was so wrong when I told everyone the Watkins trade and pick was horrible when the Bills could have stayed where they were and just took Beckham who was a better player. I was so wrong about that...:rolleyes: Again, keep trying to convince yourself that Watkins is a better player and that was a good trade Buffalo made.

The NFL is about roster construction and how you build your team and managing the cap. You can spin this till the cows come home, but this is a bad trade involving McCoy. It's a passing league, you have a great LB who is playing for next to nothing, McCoy was going to be cut so why trade for a guy you could have just signed as a FA...it's a bad trade. Crack your little jokes now, just like last year with the Watkins/Beckham thing I will be proven right again in time.

How is this trade bad though? I mean Kiko is coming off 2 ACl surgery's in four years. McCoy will restructured because the Bills will give him a solid signing bonus and more guarantee money. When that happens and he only costs 7 mil towards the cap through out the contract it's a great deal.

We have Brett Hundley. His name is EJ Manuel.

Yeah I see your point. But I'm higher on Hundley than I ever was on Manuel. At least Hundley didn't have trouble beating our Christian Ponder in college. Granted I'm far from an expert of course - but I was right that JP Losman was going to be a total bust.

How is this trade bad though? I mean Kiko is coming off 2 ACl surgery's in four years. McCoy will restructured because the Bills will give him a solid signing bonus and more garantee money. When that happens and he only costs 7 mil towards the cap though out the contract it's a great deal.
Yea, with the Linebackers we already have and will sign, I didn't mind trading Kiko for McCoy at all but was worried about the cap hit. After everything i've seen this morning, that cap hit is going to be much lower after we re-negotiate his contract. Great trade in my eyes now.

Spiller is never healthy and doesnt want to run inside. I wish him well but it was time to move on.

Yeah I see your point. But I'm higher on Hundley than I ever was on Manuel. At least Hundley didn't have trouble beating our Christian Ponder in college. Granted I'm far from an expert of course - but I was right that JP Losman was going to be a total bust.
I'd just rather not waste a pick on a guy who's maybe marginally better than EJ in the second round. I think if we address OL-LB-DE in Free Agency, which I think we will, we should go all in on drafting Maxx Williams even if it means trading up.

Bills are going to get Revis and then sign Iupati, who is on the downside of his career. They would be better off signing better OL guys and then filling in with a RB by committee approach.

People wonder how the Patriots keep dominating that division- it's because they don't get blinded by the name on the back of the jersey.

I doubt Buffalo signs Revis, way to much $$$.

Actually guaranteeing him more money for longer term might make it worse.

I doubt Buffalo signs Revis, way to much $$$.

Rex loves him. Not only for his work on Sundays, but the example he sets in every practice. It's about establishing a culture and if Rex has any say, he'll pay the $

Actually guaranteeing him more money for longer term might make it worse.
Yes your correct but with his contract the 2016 year will give them the wiggle room they need to spread out the money to take the cap number down.

Rex loves him. Not only for his work on Sundays, but the example he sets in every practice. It's about establishing a culture and if Rex has any say, he'll pay the $

I dont see it, Bills have other issues that need to be addressed.

I'd just rather not waste a pick on a guy who's maybe marginally better than EJ in the second round. I think if we address OL-LB-DE in Free Agency, which I think we will, we should go all in on drafting Maxx Williams even if it means trading up.

I would love Maxx Williams too. Sounds like his stock has gone pretty high after the combine though and we'd need to trade to the first round somehow.

I like Alonso a lot but this is his second ACL tear I believe so its not like the Bills are trading him coming off a second monster year with zero injury concerns. its definitely a big risk that hopefully pays off with Mccoy having 3-4 good seasons.

I think Alonso is going to have a great career if he can stay healthy. As we saw with Dan Conley, if you're prone to knee injuries it doesn't bode well for your long-term future playing football.

McCoy is absolutely an upgrade over Spiller and is one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL. If he has 3-4 good years I think the trade is definitely worth it. The D was fine this past year without Alonso, and will be one of the best in the league again if/when they re-sign Hughes.

In addition to Hughes signing, they need to address OL (hopefully with some of the remaining salary cap money), TE (draft can address this) and depth at LB. Could also use a CB too, IMO, but that would be a luxury.

How is this trade bad though? I mean Kiko is coming off 2 ACl surgery's in four years. McCoy will restructured because the Bills will give him a solid signing bonus and more guarantee money. When that happens and he only costs 7 mil towards the cap through out the contract it's a great deal.
FYI: I'm not alone in thinking this is a bad trade. ESPN and their "experts" graded the trade today. Bills got a "C" and Philly got an "A". Check out the "ESPN INSIDER" report on this trade.

Except for a few on this board and die-hard Bills fans who are in love with the "big name" player...the Bills are getting killed for this trade in league circles and among the "experts." It doesn't make them right, but the popular opinion is Philly won this trade for all of the reasons stated and Buffalo made a mistake. McCoy can go out next year and run for 1,500-2,000 yards and score 14 TD's and lead the Bills to the Playoffs and shut me up and prove everyone wrong. But nobody see's that happening. This is a bad fit for McCoy and his skill set

FYI: I'm not alone in thinking this is a bad trade. ESPN and their "experts" graded the trade today. Bills got a "C" and Philly got an "A". Check out the "ESPN INSIDER" report on this trade.

Except for a few on this board and die-hard Bills fans who are in love with the "big name" player...the Bills are getting killed for this trade in league circles and among the "experts." It doesn't make them right, but the popular opinion is Philly won this trade for all of the reasons stated and Buffalo made a mistake. McCoy can go out next year and run for 1,500-2,000 yards and score 14 TD's and lead the Bills to the Playoffs and shut me up and prove everyone wrong. But nobody see's that happening. This is a bad fit for McCoy and his skill set
good to know that you'll admit to being wrong if he runs for 2000 yards. mighty big of you

if alonso gets 20 sacks, I'll admit i was wrong to be indifferent

Still over 20 million in cap space, what big FA QB or Guard will they now be hindered in obtaining based on the Mccoy move?
Out of that $20 mill take about $5 mill away to pay rookies/draft picks

Then figure in they have to re-sign Hughes. Then see how much is left

What experts and league circles are killing them? Are you John Clayton? Nobody sees him having a good year next year? Who besides you is seeing that? Seriously maybe you should concentrate on your favorite NFL team, god help that franchise.

22 million + right now after including Mccoy. No first round pick so their rookie money will be minimal. The Bills have plenty of cap room, that is the least of their problems.

What experts and league circles are killing them? Are you John Clayton? Nobody sees him having a good year next year? Who besides you is seeing that? Seriously maybe you should concentrate on your favorite NFL team, god help that franchise.
Listen to Sirius/XM NFL Radio...turn it on for 5 min and listen to what is being said by the analysts and so called "experts." Go turn on ESPN and go read ESPN Insider then get back to me.

How much do you think Hughes' production was due to Dareus and the Williams boys eating up space?

I like Hughes and think he'd be a good sign, but he's not somebody I'd be willing to break the bank for. That's just my opinion.

How much do you think Hughes' production was due to Dareus and the Williams boys eating up space?

I like Hughes and think he'd be a good sign, but he's not somebody I'd be willing to break the bank for. That's just my opinion.
Some team will break the bank for him. So if Buffalo wants to keep him they better be ready to pony up. Otherwise you let him walk and it's another spot to fill on defense