OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

Moore is far worse. Sanchez is slightly worse. Hoyer is about the same. Locker has a better upside but as of today Cassel is better. Depending on the draft pick they gave up and what round it is in, this is a solid trade for the Bills
They gave up a fifth and seventh and got Cassel and a 6th

I'd say, after watching him every game for 3 years, he's a top 10 quarterback easy.
2381694-8014263148-jack_.gif

Seems like a decent deal. Buffalo would be well served to trade down in the 3rd or 4th to get that 5th round pick back.

Seems like a decent deal. Buffalo would be well served to trade down in the 3rd or 4th to get that 5th round pick back.
They had two fifths to begin with so it's not a end all but with that said I wouldn't be against trading back

That's a good deal for the Bills. I mean not sure Cassel is taking them to the playoffs but for a QB of his caliber that trade is good for Buffalo

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Luck
4. Peyton Manning
5. Rothlisberger
6. Wilson
7. Stafford
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Flacco
Are my top 10 QBs. Dolphins are not really scary. They have cap room but Tanenhill's rookie contract is going to expire after this year and he is going to eat up cap space. Tannehill is basically Andy Dalton but doesn't choke in prime time yet.

As long as Brady is healthy and BB is the Pats HC they will win 11-12 games each year.
Cassel is a warm body but he is not better then EJ Manuel. The Bills should have given Orton a couple more million instead of keeping his contract at 5 million and letting him retire. Orton would likely have played another year for 10-12 million this year.
Buffalo can compete for a wild card though.

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Luck
4. Peyton Manning
5. Rothlisberger
6. Wilson
7. Stafford
8. Romo
9. Eli Manning
10. Flacco
Are my top 10 QBs. Dolphins are not really scary. They have cap room but Tanenhill's rookie contract is going to expire after this year and he is going to eat up cap space. Tannehill is basically Andy Dalton but doesn't choke in prime time yet.

As long as Brady is healthy and BB is the Pats HC they will win 11-12 games each year.
Wilson is not a Top 10 QB's but the rest of the list I agree with. Tannehill is a borderline Top 10 QB. One more year like he had last year and he probably will be a Top 10 QB. He carries Miami to wins in games they have no business winning.

Seattle asks Wilson to do nothing, that team could win with damn near any QB in the league. He is just asked not to lose his team games (ala the Super Bowl throwing a bad pass from the 1 yard line as proof. Coaches had a brain fart put him in a big spot and asked him to make a play and he screwed it up.)

FWIW

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna · 12m 12 minutes ago
League sources tell me CJ Spiller turned down 4.5 million per year from Bills hence the reason for the trade of McCoy. #Bills #eagles

FWIW

Dianna Marie Russini @NBCdianna · 12m 12 minutes ago
League sources tell me CJ Spiller turned down 4.5 million per year from Bills hence the reason for the trade of McCoy. #Bills #eagles
CJ needs a concussion test cause if he turned that down I think he is crazy!!

There isn't a chance in hell that Stafford is the 7th best QB in the NFL. Fantasy-wise, sure. But he's injury-prone (though he's learned to play through it) and puts up mediocre stats every year no matter how much talent they surround him with and then he folds up whenever he faces a good team. He's on the same tier as Andy Dalton IMO. He just throws it more often and has more arm-talent (and is clueless as to how to use it).

There isn't a chance in hell that Stafford is the 7th best QB in the NFL. Fantasy-wise, sure. But he's injury-prone (though he's learned to play through it) and puts up mediocre stats every year no matter how much talent they surround him with and then he folds up whenever he faces a good team. He's on the same tier as Andy Dalton IMO. He just throws it more often and has more arm-talent (and is clueless as to how to use it).

If his stats are mediocre, then I'd like to know your definition of good.

-Top 10 each of the last 4 years in yards (top 3 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
-Top 10 in completions in 2011, 2012 and 2013
-Top 5 in passing TDs in 2011 and 2013
-Top 10 in fewest interceptions thrown in 2011, 2012 and 2013

Now I'll agree that 2014 was a pretty down year for him, and his QB rating can leave a little to be desired. He hasn't missed a start in the last 4 years, and I would argue that injuries to other key offensive players have played more into his "struggles" than anything else.

As for the Dalton comparison, Stafford's worst year in the last 4 years is equal to Dalton's best year.

If his stats are mediocre, then I'd like to know your definition of good.

-Top 10 each of the last 4 years in yards (top 3 in 2011, 2012 and 2013)
-Top 10 in completions in 2011, 2012 and 2013
-Top 5 in passing TDs in 2011 and 2013
-Top 10 in fewest interceptions thrown in 2011, 2012 and 2013

Now I'll agree that 2014 was a pretty down year for him, and his QB rating can leave a little to be desired. He hasn't missed a start in the last 4 years, and I would argue that injuries to other key offensive players have played more into his "struggles" than anything else.

As for the Dalton comparison, Stafford's worst year in the last 4 years is equal to Dalton's best year.

Everything you posted is his volume stats, which is my exact point (except for Interceptions, where you're flat out wrong on... Stafford is always among the league leaders in INTs).

YPA is average. QBR is average. Passer rating is average. TD% is average. INT% is average. TD:INT ratio is average. Has like the worst record in NFL history against good teams (3-31 record against teams with winning records). There's almost nothing to suggest that he's a good QB unless you care about the sheer volume of his numbers, but all that really suggests is that he throws the ball a lot.

Compared to Dalton: Dalton has a higher TD%, higher INT%, lower TD:INT Ratio, higher passer rating, and probably a lower average QBR. All of their numbers are nearly identical. Stafford just throws it more.

Stafford is pretty much Cutler but more liked. Mostly because he lacks the sourpuss face & played thru a separated shoulder some yrs ago.

Everything you posted is his volume stats, which is my exact point (except for Interceptions, where you're flat out wrong on... Stafford is always among the league leaders in INTs).

YPA is average. QBR is average. Passer rating is average. TD% is average. INT% is average. TD:INT ratio is average. Has like the worst record in NFL history against good teams (3-31 record against teams with winning records). There's almost nothing to suggest that he's a good QB unless you care about the sheer volume of his numbers, but all that really suggests is that he throws the ball a lot.

Compared to Dalton: Dalton has a higher TD%, higher INT%, lower TD:INT Ratio, higher passer rating, and probably a lower average QBR. All of their numbers are nearly identical. Stafford just throws it more.

You're right about the INT numbers, had that backwards. But that also comes with the territory of the sheer volume of passing. Regardless, I know a lot of teams that would rather have Matthew Stafford as their QB over whoever they have now, including the Bengals.

You're right about the INT numbers, had that backwards. But that also comes with the territory of the sheer volume of passing. Regardless, I know a lot of teams that would rather have Matthew Stafford as their QB over whoever they have now, including the Bengals.

Like I said, Stafford has a lot of talent. Just clueless as to how to use it. Same reason Cutler will continue getting chances to prove himself. Everyone watches them fling the ball and think they can be the coach that gets them to harness their talent, but up until this point, Stafford has been as average as it gets. In regards to the top 10 that was posted before, Romo has easily been better. Not sure about Eli or Flacco.

Matt Ryan is a top 10 QB. Guy has one of, if not the worst, o-lines in the league (decimated by injuries, too).

Bills just gave McCoy an extension and a raise per multiple reports. No word on how much more they gave him.

Trade looks worse by the day

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 20m20 minutes ago
LeSean McCoy and Bills have agreed on a $16M first year total with $26.5M total guaranteed and $40M over 5 years, per @RosenhausSports

So much for the Bills not being on the hook for a lot of money.
They're not. Pegulas comes out of pocket for a lot but as far as cap ramifications it's a very good deal for Buffalo.

Question for any Dolphins fans.. Are you happy about the Suh deal. I think it's confirmed you're signing him and he's a great player but you guys are going to lose a few good players to FA now and when Tannehill gets his deal you're going to be in cap hell. As a Bills fan this opens the door for us to sign Clay who I think will beast in Romans offense so while I don't want to see Suh twice a year, I don't mind that you're signing him at the cost of getting worse at some other positions.

26.5 million guaranteed for Shady.
I guess the Pats winning the Super Bowl has caused the AFC East to spend money.

Buffalo paid Shady, Miami paid Suh and the Jets paid David Harris and Brandon Marshall.

However if the Pats resign Revis the East is still NE's.

26.5 million guaranteed for Shady.
I guess the Pats winning the Super Bowl has caused the AFC East to spend money.

Buffalo paid Shady, Miami paid Suh and the Jets paid David Harris and Brandon Marshall.

However if the Pats resign Revis the East is still NE's.
I don't know that it's bc of NE. It's always been an arms race against NE just now Buffalo has a mega billionaire owner, the Jets HAVE to spend money because they have a billion dollars of cap space and Miami just decided to freak out and sign Suh (not really sure what's driving that).

Philly got Gore for 2 years 7.5 million and Maxwell for 5 yrs 50 million.

I hope that knocks them out of the McCourty bidding. Revis is getting 5 yrs 80 million atleast.