Outdoor Stadium | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Outdoor Stadium

we are a few years into this new dome world and they still cant fix the sound.. Dont know that they will.

we are a few years into this new dome world and they still cant fix the sound.. Dont know that they will.
Whats really fudged up about that, is THAT TOO is an entity that was "upgraded". Upgraded as in new, not necessarily upgraded quality. I hope the reciept for this current sound system is in a safe somewhere or was burned in a fire pit, because if the general fan base ever sees what we spent on that POS set up we'd probably puke.

Hey we are 2 yrs onto a wifi upgrade so 3 yrs into a sound fix isnt so bad.

"U.S. Bank Stadium was built as a multipurpose facility," Poppen said. "It was designed for artificial surface. We don't have the ability to grow grass in that stadium right now."

The "right now" is interesting. I expect with 10 years we'll see an indoor stadium build with a grass field (that will be the easiest installation), then the technology will be further developed to allow installation in older indoor stadiums that haven't reached end-of-use.

"U.S. Bank Stadium was built as a multipurpose facility," Poppen said. "It was designed for artificial surface. We don't have the ability to grow grass in that stadium right now."

The "right now" is interesting. I expect with 10 years we'll see an indoor stadium build with a grass field (that will be the easiest installation), then the technology will be further developed to allow installation in older indoor stadiums that haven't reached end-of-use.
Even if that technology comes to fruition, I’m not sure how we’d adopt that because of basketball being played in our dome and rolling up the bleachers. When you put the mats down, I think you’d suffocate the grass.

No. Better yet. Stop wasting my time on this forum with elitists such as yourself.
People who responded to you are not elitists, but they are very logical.

Even if that technology comes to fruition, I’m not sure how we’d adopt that because of basketball being played in our dome and rolling up the bleachers. When you put the mats down, I think you’d suffocate the grass.

We might be able to create a false floor to raise the court/bleachers above the grass - but ideally you'd do that in a new facility so it can handle the structural loads and leaves enough height from the stands. If we're even able to do something like that, it won't be cheap. Right now a grass field is technically impossible - I think we'll progress to "fiscally impossible" but may never be able to get past that point with the existing stadium.

Regardless, the challenges in installing a grass field at Syracuse would be more challenging than any other indoor stadium I can think of - we'd probably be last in line even before taking fiscal constraints into account.

Half of the NFL plays in Domes and they don’t have to accommodate a hoops team. Don’t be stupid the Dome is awesome and unique to us and we don’t have to cheat like miss st with cowbells to get an edge.

There’s one late September nooner per year that might be better outside and that’s it. If it’s against someone with a pulse since I’d rather not drill an FCS team in 90 degree whether crappy opponents inside is good.

Even warm weather night games are better under the roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom