Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC

Benched McNabb? He wasn't interested? Ya, because Keith Downing and Madei Williams were ready to go.

McNabb may have been a lot of things, but, disinterested was never one. What he was though, was one of if not THE greatest QB's in our history.

Yep I can't say the bench McNabb strategy ever came to my mind.

:rolling:

CYtR9-9WcAA-KTY.jpg
And ZERO PLAYOFF WINS ! Oh , I forgot stats are more important now days for the fantasy coaches than actually winning playoff games.

Benched McNabb? He wasn't interested? Ya, because Keith Downing and Madei Williams were ready to go.

McNabb may have been a lot of things, but, disinterested was never one. What he was though, was one of if not THE greatest QB's in our history.
And Don McPherson was THE greatest QB in SU history and was cheated out of the Heisman by Notre Dame.

And Don McPherson was THE greatest QB in SU history and was cheated out of the Heisman by Notre Dame.
Nice opinion. I disagree. Hence, my preface of: one of if not THE.

In all honesty , the down trend was started when the Providence brain trust let the ACC raid the league and take all our best rivals , games with teams that you define yourself by. That left SU football in the position of less recruiting power and having to play newbie teams that no one respected. So , not all on P.

In all honesty , the down trend was started when the Providence brain trust let the ACC raid the league and take all our best rivals , games with teams that you define yourself by. That left SU football in the position of less recruiting power and having to play newbie teams that no one respected. So , not all on P.
keep back tracking.

youve got hundreds, if not thousands of miles to go, but we got the time.

keep back tracking.

youve got hundreds, if not thousands of miles to go, but we got the time.
Beohiem would have benched McNabb had he been his football coach.

We get it... you hate McNabb (did he make a move on your GF?) and don't know how to spell JAB's name.

Many here would suggest that you change your handle to CooCoo or CooCooCuse.

Last edited:
CousCuse said:

Let me guess. You were five years old, and the Tennessee game was your first Dome game.

That's all I can come up with to try to make sense of your take.

Not bench him permanently . Just long enough to let him get a little hurt.

Not bench him permanently . Just long enough to let him get a little hurt.
Yeah, that really translates well.

In hoops half the guys play forward/center and half play guard... all using similar skill sets.

In football, not so much. A team typically has 2-4 QBs that could take a snap. The skill level typically drops off after the starter.

In hoops it's typical to take a player out for a few minutes to let him take a breather or provide some instruction,

In football that works for almost every position except for a very few. I'll let you guess which group a QB falls in.

In football, with a clear #1 QB, you normally* only take the QB out if it's a blowout (either way), the QB is hurt or the QB is simply having a bad game. You don't yank a QB for a series and then put him back in. If you need to talk to the QB, you do so between series.

Your suggestion of benching McNabb in the 1st/2nd quarter of several games, asking him to continue to be the starter and expecting the team to function as if everything's OK is just unrealistic (I'm being kind here).

* planned/scripted 1-set substitutions (Brohm at Louisville, Paulus at Syracuse) are the exception.

Yeah, that really translates well.

In hoops half the guys play forward/center and half play guard... all using similar skill sets.

In football, not so much. A team typically has 2-4 QBs that could take a snap. The skill level typically drops off after the starter.

In hoops it's typical to take a player out for a few minutes to let him take a breather or provide some instruction,

In football that works for almost every position except for a very few. I'll let you guess which group a QB falls in.

In football, with a clear #1 QB, you normally* only take the QB out if it's a blowout (either way), the QB is hurt or the QB is simply having a bad game. You don't yank a QB for a series and then put him back in. If you need to talk to the QB, you do so between series.

Your suggestion of benching McNabb in the 1st/2nd quarter of several games, asking him to continue to be the starter and expecting the team to function as if everything's OK is just unrealistic (I'm being kind here).

* planned/scripted 1-set substitutions (Brohm at Louisville, Paulus at Syracuse) are the exception.
Many other coaches do it , Spurrier comes to mind. Maybe just a couple of series . Are you trying to tell me that there weren't games where it seemed like McNabb was lackadaisical and they lost to teams they shouldn't have? I felt that was the coaching , because when he was prepared and focused that team would beat any team in the country.

Nice opinion. I disagree. Hence, my preface of: one of if not THE.
You all need to cut this guy some slack. He knows of what he speaks...remember when he was promoting Hunt for the Heisman?

Seriously, he was openly hawking Hunt for the Heisman...enough said. Delusional.

P got handed a winning program that was on the rise and that made him look better than he was for a while.

On the rise? Mac's last year was 7-4-2. P proceeded to go 20-4.

I wonder if it was a coincidence that D became OC in '87 the same year P came on board.

Little known secret, Don McPherson wasn't all that great. I'd take a healthy Graves, McNabb, and 2012 Nassib ahead of him.

You all need to cut this guy some slack. He knows of what he speaks...remember when he was promoting Hunt for the Heisman?

Seriously, he was openly hawking Hunt for the Heisman...enough said. Delusional.
I'm glad you bring this up because I had in mind Don McPherson and how he lost the Heisman in 87 by a Notre Dame media effort. That kind of season can just happen and I felt 2014 could have been a breakout year for the team and TH. I try to support players and coaches , as opposed to the nonstop criticism . Not delusional , really a rational decision.

Little known secret, Don McPherson wasn't all that great. I'd take a healthy Graves, McNabb, and 2012 Nassib ahead of him.
None of them have an undefeated season to their credit.

McPherson was a winner.

Didn't say he wasn't, doesn't make him the greatest at his position.

He had a great surrounding cast and a great defense. And an offense system tailor made for his strengths.

But those other guys were all better QB's. There wasn't much fall off with Philcox the next year.

You put any of those other guys on that team against the same schedule and you get the same results, and maybe a win in the Sugar.

I try to support players and coaches , as opposed to the nonstop criticism . Not delusional , really a rational decision.

Except for McNabb apparently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom