Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pasqualoni interviews with the New York Giants/Hired by BC

So? Has nothing to do with who is a better player at the position.
He put Syracuse football back on top , before that it was about like now , a little better.

GoSU96 said:
Didn't say he wasn't, doesn't make him the greatest at his position. He had a great surrounding cast and a great defense. And an offense system tailor made for his strengths. But those other guys were all better QB's. There wasn't much fall off with Philcox the next year. You put any of those other guys on that team against the same schedule and you get the same results, and maybe a win in the Sugar.

Oh, I agree.

Donnie wasn't the most talented of that group, but he brought intangibles a few of them lacked.

Face the facts. During P's last 4 years he finished 26-23. Not one single coach since has posted a better than .500 winning percentage during their time here. 3 coaches since...have NOT equaled the 4 years that led to P's firing. Some perspective for those who still think P ruined this program.

Yeah and the eight years before that, Syracuse had a winning percentage of 70.4%...so, yeah, times were a changing for the worse.

And then, GRob elevated the worse.

But P was captaining a program going downhill so...now we're (rightfully) talking about bouncing around DL coach opportunities.

As a Giants fan, I would welcome him openly and excitingly.

That team lost games to teams they should have easily taken care of. NcNabb played the same way in the NFL .

Maybe - not sure - the 32nd ranked defense "helped" with that.

You do know the Quarterback plays on offense, right?

1. The program is not ruined.
2. That P started the down turn is undeniable.
3. The downturn got horrific by hiring Grob.

All true. Lots of things went into the 15 years of largely mediocre to craptastic football - and there is enough blame for a lot of people.

No. 2 is inaccurate. Sorry.

gordie lockbaum stole the heisman from Don.

and you cant look at P and blame him for the decline when you see all the work that has been done in regards to the Dome and the practice facilities. P had to deal with that more anyone else.

not grobbycakes, not the quitter and certainly not clueless SS.

OrangePA said:
No. 2 is inaccurate. Sorry.

Okay? You'd suggest that going from 8-9 wins to .500 wasn't a down turn?

What's a few games here or there!?

KaiserUEO said:
gordie lockbaum stole the heisman from Don. and you cant look at P and blame him for the decline when you see all the work that has been done in regards to the Dome and the practice facilities. P had to deal with that more anyone else. not grobbycakes, not the quitter and certainly not clueless SS.

Alright.

P was the coach when the downturn started.

it's not as black and white as Orange PA and the rest of you guys argue about. Stuff was going down at end of P's tenure. Any one who isn't blind can see that the win totals were down from the early 90s. Not sure why this is controversial. I am and was a fan of P but it was undeniable he was in a need of a boost in 2004. Now, the argument gets gray b/c the university wasn't down with investing in the sports programs AT ALL in 2004 and were indifferent about chasing that ACC invite. It all contributed.

GROB just nuked the program to a place we never ever want to visit again. The Marrone and Shafer eras that have followed have been up and down blips on an EKG machine. Nothing as awesome as the freeze option of 1992 or as inept as 2005. Dino is now the patient opening his eyes and the machine hopefully will really beep to the upside.

We're alive folks, again.

Not sure why this is controversial. I am and was a fan of P but it was undeniable he was in a need of a boost in 2004.

P was fired for one reason, and one reason only: because TGD wanted to play grown up and make an executive decision to clean house and bring in his own people. Like real, actual, effective ADs do all the time. It was Gross' delusions of grandeur that got him fired, not the results on the field, not his recruiting prowess, not his coaching abilities. Everything else is interesting and fun to play make believe with, but it is all academic. TGD screwed it up, and we're still paying the price.

P was fired for one reason, and one reason only: because TGD wanted to play grown up and make an executive decision to clean house and bring in his own people. Like real, actual, effective ADs do all the time. It was Gross' delusions of grandeur that got him fired, not the results on the field, not his recruiting prowess, not his coaching abilities. Everything else is interesting and fun to play make believe with, but it is all academic. TGD screwed it up, and we're still paying the price.
gordie lockbaum stole the heisman from Don.

and you cant look at P and blame him for the decline when you see all the work that has been done in regards to the Dome and the practice facilities. P had to deal with that more anyone else.

not grobbycakes, not the quitter and certainly not clueless SS.
Notre Dame used their media power to pump up Gordie knowing it would take votes away from among eastern voters. Get a clue Captain Hyperbole.

Completely wrong but everyone is entitled to wrong facts. It is America.

FWIW I stand on the Pasqualoni wall. I'm indebted to him b/c my time on the Hill (94-98) was coupled w him stringing together some really solid seasons. To be at the Clemson game in 1996 was an awesome thing. Sports are about moments and Paul gave me alot of moments to smile about. It doesn't take away from the results at the end or the results at the beginning. We're human, happens.

P should be careful that the Giants aren't looking for another Syracuse guy to throw under the bus when the defense fails to perform after being put under constant stress by the video game offense.

Notre Dame used their media power to pump up Gordie knowing it would take votes away from among eastern voters. Get a clue Captain Hyperbole.
i love hyperbole.

not moronic posters.

Nancy Cantor

i love hyperbole.

not moronic posters.
You cite Gordie Lockbaum like he should have even been considered . It should have been 2 guys , McPherson and Brown. An undefeated QB leading an old power to play for a share of the National Championship or a great athlete on a good team.

images

i love hyperbole.

not moronic posters.
This is the same guy who will fight to the death anyone who points out Quitter Marrone's limitations. Yet apparently Pasqualoni is no good. Strange.

UnderHisOwnPower said:

Not true at all.

I really don't know how many more times this needs to be posted - this statement is just wrong. 100% wrong.

You cite Gordie Lockbaum like he should have even been considered . It should have been 2 guys , McPherson and Brown. An undefeated QB leading an old power to play for a share of the National Championship or a great athlete on a good team.
just in your world.

he should not have been considered.

Nancy Cantor acting upon the wishes of a few members of the board of trustees.

Well thanks for clearing that up. If TGD was only the messenger, then I owe him an apology. The point still remains, P was done wrong, and deserved better. His product on the field was more than adequate versus the expectations SU admins should have held for the position of their football team. It's easy for those stuffed shirts to hide behind their office and not be accountable for the damage they did to the program, but I don't know how anyone can argue that P is accountable for the epic fall to irrelevance that followed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom