Patterson extremely impressive at practice | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Patterson extremely impressive at practice

I think Patterson will be a "warrior" kind of player - defense, intensity, rebounding, steals, energy, diving on the floor kind of player. But, based on his scouting reports coming in and what we saw in Canada, his handle will be a major liability at this level.

I guarantee his handle will not be a liability.

He will be a completely different player than what you have seen by the time he logs any meaningful minutes. This is all about projecting out to the future.

This is the key! I also see above where SoBristol mentions hearing that Patterson was on Cooney, not Ennis. Regardless, Patterson's development is underway and he will grow into quality game-minutes over the next couple of years. What he already possesses is fantastic defensive ability and the fact that a couple of our major players have to work against him in practice bodes very well for their preparation throughout this season.
You can check the audio in the link above. Waters said Patterson was harassing Cooney and not letting him breathe. Sounded like the first team was practicing against M2M.

His conclusion was something like, "Trust me. With what Patterson was doing on Saturday, the coaches have to be looking for opportunities to get him on the floor." It was not about shooting ("not a terrible stroke" was Waters' assessment) but about athleticism, energy, quickness to the basket.

Still, the big question is how does he fit in, when we have 2 guys ahead of him at the only position he can play.

You can check the audio in the link above. Waters said Patterson was harassing Cooney and not letting him breathe. Sounded like the first team was practicing against M2M.

Putting aside what contributions he may or may not make in games this year or in the future, one of his most valuable assets right now is the above. He's making the guards really work hard offensively against great in your face defense. Come game time, that's only going to help our guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His conclusion was something like, "Trust me. With what Patterson was doing on Saturday, the coaches have to be looking for opportunities to get him on the floor." It was not about shooting ("not a terrible stroke" was Waters' assessment) but about athleticism, energy, quickness to the basket.

Still, the big question is how does he fit in, when we have 2 guys ahead of him at the only position he can play.
I used to watch Brandon Reese harass and frustrate Johnny Flynn in practice

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I said after the Canada games my most impressive player was Buss. Good form on his shot, tons of energy, can run the court and elevate to finish at the rim, great vision-- he should have had 4-5 assists at least had the recipients caught the ball.

One of my bold predictions was he would lead the team in assists per 40 minutes. Too much depth ahead of him this year, but I look forward to seeing him develop.

Putting aside what contributions he may or may not make in games this year or in the future, one of his most valuable assets right now is the above. He's making the guards really work hard offensively against great in your face defense. Come game time, that's only going to help our guards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope our gaurds don't get overly frustrated at him. I remember when I was playing a sport I would get real angry at this one kid for turning the defensive pressure up. IT came to head an e got into a fight. My coach pulled me aside and said you can hate him today but tomorrow you're going to thank him. Ill never forget that. Was never frustrated agan when someone gave it their all when practicing.

I guarantee his handle will not be a liability.

He will be a completely different player than what you have seen by the time he logs any meaningful minutes. This is all about projecting out to the future.

100 agree right now. At 6'3 he has such long arms to keep the ball low and a body to invite contact. His arms are long enough that he can stay alittle higher then most guards giving him a edge while looking to shoot while driving. Curious how his second gear will develop.

Bewteen Ron, Ennis and Kaleb Joseph we have three guards who really showed a midrange pullup in highschool. I think JB understands the value of having a guard that can do that like the Dion Waiters and Kemba Walkers. Can't say enough about freshmen like Ron and Bj knocking down threes from the corners either.

I hope our gaurds don't get overly frustrated at him. I remember when I was playing a sport I would get real angry at this one kid for turning the defensive pressure up. IT came to head an e got into a fight. My coach pulled me aside and said you can hate him today but tomorrow you're going to thank him. Ill never forget that. Was never frustrated agan when someone gave it their all when practicing.

You stabbed him???

Your girl was in some movie on Chiller last night called "Elsewhere". She was looking good but the movie sucked.

O ok the chiller tv station not the name if the movie...

Yep it was old, could have even been made for TV by Chiller. No star rating or anything in my guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom