Class of 2017 - PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas

True, I'm trying to say let's move past the Civil War. It's over why is a city in the NE not considered NE?
I was just messing around, I hear what you were saying. Honestly, I wouldn't have put Maryland in the Northeast, but the Northeast is a large region made up of a few sub-regions, like New England and apparently the upper mid-Atlantic region as well as whatever you call NY/PA.

Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon line. Maryland fought for the South in the Civil War. Much respect to you jordoo but I don't know how you can consider a state like that part of the Northeast.

I will agree it is not far from the Atlantic Ocean. So is Florida and England and Senegal in Africa. Not of those places are in the Northeast US either.
Maryland never seceded and did not fight for the South in the Civil War. Lee invaded to try and get them to but failed; Antietam was one of the bloodiest battles of the war.

The Civil War has been over for ever! Baltimore is in the NE of our countrym. Ughhh I wish I'd never posted about it.

There were elements who wanted MD to secede, including some members of the MD General Assembly. However, no officially sanctioned military units ever fought for the South, and most of the western half of the state were firmly Union, including Sharpsburg (which is the town nearest the Antietam Battlefield)

Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon line. Maryland fought for the South in the Civil War. Much respect to you jordoo but I don't know how you can consider a state like that part of the Northeast.

Shame on you Tomcat. Maryland didn't fight for the South in the Civil War. They remained neutral

I mean, Baltimore's a stop on the Northeast Corridor.

If we're going by accents and general feel, though, it sure doesn't feel like part of the Northeast.

Gotta love the Geographical Hijack.

How does that help moving forward? Separatism isn't the answer. Baltimore is a north east major metro city. Look at the map. You guys are limiting the NE to like the original colonies, can we not move on?
Wasn't Virginia an original colony?

Phew, been a min since I've been on here.

So I see Jim is visiting Mr Preston today, and probably checking on Mr Matt Coleman as well. So that leaves my question...are we just doing due diligence here or is there legit interest here? This dude looks like the real deal

While there is widespread disagreement as to whether Maryland is in the Northeast or South it is universally accepted that be classified as a ---> Home game.

Wyld Stallyns!

OCC is offering a three credit geography / history course on line. Students just need to verify they spent useless time reading this tread!

Have I missed it somewhere? To which school was Preston committed before?

I will agree it is not far from the Atlantic Ocean. So is Florida and England and Senegal in Africa. Not of those places are in the Northeast US either.

Pretty sure Maryland fought for the North in the War. The Army of the Potomac.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom