Class of 2017 - PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas

Zona already has their point guard committed so he's not going there, Duke and Kentucky haven't prioritized him like Cuse has and he knows that and that's a big deal to him,. Would be stunned if he doesn't sign with us in November

Hope you are right. The way Zona recruits, I would not be shocked if they were able to convince a top flight PG to come in, given Barcello is a lower tier (#94) PG.

Hope you are right. The way Zona recruits, I would not be shocked if they were able to convince a top flight PG to come in, given Barcello is a lower tier (#94) PG.

They also have Kobi Simmons who they signed this year and is NOT projected as a one and done. They also return their PG from last year who is just JR. That would mean they would have 3 or 4 pg's. They have a pretty full roster.

With Riley essentially going to commit to UCLA, KU loses out on their main target so they are supposedly going to turn up the heat on Preston

You all know I'm pretty positive but I can feel the worry creeping in. If i didn't know Quade wears orange boxer/briefs i'd really be worried.
That and recruiting Is changing... you aren't not going to see a lot of kids committing early anymore.. a lot of the top names are still on the board

Duke- 1 commit
Kansas- 1 commit
Kentucky- 0 commits

It's a new age

That and recruiting Is changing... you aren't not going to see a lot of kids committing early anymore.. a lot of the top names are still on the board

Duke- 1 commit
Kansas- 1 commit
Kentucky- 0 commits

It's a new age
But we are new to this strategy while needing a lot of players .

Duke- 1 commit
Kansas- 1 commit
Kentucky- 0 commits

It's a new age

And we are making a play to be right there with the selector schools!

During the 2nd quarter of the game Coach Autry ended up sitting right next to me with Billy and 2 of his family members. Coach Autry spent most of the time chatting with Billy's mom (I think that is who it was) while Billy texted on his phone. However with about 5 min left in the quarter Coach Boeheim came by and spoke with Billy who was really engaged then. Just before halftime fans began to come up and take pictures which Coach Boeheim which was really cool and several fans said hi to Billy. At halftime I had to walk by Billy to get out of the row and made a comment along the lines of "are you ready to light up the dome" and he gave me a smile and handshake. Wished him "good luck" and went on my way. The group was gone when I returned at the end of halftime so that is all I have. One final thing, Billy passes the look test - legit 6-9 or 6-10.

During the 2nd quarter of the game Coach Autry ended up sitting right next to me with Billy and 2 of his family members. Coach Autry spent most of the time chatting with Billy's mom (I think that is who it was) while Billy texted on his phone. However with about 5 min left in the quarter Coach Boeheim came by and spoke with Billy who was really engaged then. Just before halftime fans began to come up and take pictures which Coach Boeheim which was really cool and several fans said hi to Billy. At halftime I had to walk by Billy to get out of the row and made a comment along the lines of "are you ready to light up the dome" and he gave me a smile and handshake. Wished him "good luck" and went on my way. The group was gone when I returned at the end of halftime so that is all I have. One final thing, Billy passes the look test - legit 6-9 or 6-10.
How much went into the handshake? $50.00? $100.00?

Should be a fun night for Mr. Preston on The Hill, don't you think? I'm reasonably sure the area should be pretty fun after that football result.

Agreed--great weekend to have him come up.

And I imagine the pitch was something like: "Did you hear how rocking the Dome was? That was half full--imagine how loud its going to be when packed for hoops..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom