Class of 2018 - PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Bryce Golden (MD) to Butler

An asinine post, imo. 'Above and Beyond,' yeah ok. How about this is what coaches do when it's obvious they have needs and schollies available...it's called meeting expectations that are part of the job's description & requirements.
An asinine response to his "asinine" post imo. I love the armchair people who seem to have the simple answers to your top ten recruit deciding to do something that"s never been done and leave you hanging. Please educate all of us on how to manage a roster that is never assured of keeping anybody from day to day. Actually, just educate our basketball staff and you could make us all happy and we'll stop making assinine posts.

An asinine post, imo. 'Above and Beyond,' yeah ok. How about this is what coaches do when it's obvious they have needs and schollies available...it's called meeting expectations that are part of the job's description & requirements.
Pretty insulting, considering that this is all semantics. True, they've done what must be done and what any coaching staff would do. On the other hand, they've had to recruit more than three class-fulls in the last two years. That's above and beyond what anyone expected they'd have to do and beyond what almost every staff in the NCAA has done (and more than is probably healthy for a septuagenarian head coach to have to do).

Meanwhile, how about a little civility?

An asinine response to his "asinine" post imo. I love the armchair people who seem to have the simple answers to your top ten recruit deciding to do something that"s never been done and leave you hanging. Please educate all of us on how to manage a roster that is never assured of keeping anybody from day to day. Actually, just educate our basketball staff and you could make us all happy and we'll stop making assinine posts.

Pretty insulting, considering that this is all semantics. True, they've done what must be done and what any coaching staff would do. On the other hand, they've had to recruit more than three class-fulls in the last two years. That's above and beyond what anyone expected they'd have to do and beyond what almost every staff in the NCAA has done (and more than is probably healthy for a septuagenarian head coach to have to do).

So sensitive. Asinine and foolish are synonymous...just my opinion that saying the coaches have gone above and beyond is a foolish/asinine thing to say since it's a standard garden variety criteria of the job. No intent to insult, probably should have used a "softer" word. Peace.

Our program lacks stability. We are always on a slippery slope recruiting since the sanctions they hung a job on us. People are frustrated. Even with Bazley gone we are becoming stable. We are building on something here. Try to relax and enjoy

Our program lacks stability. We are always on a slippery slope recruiting since the sanctions they hung a job on us. People are frustrated. Even with Bazley gone we are becoming stable. We are building on something here. Try to relax and enjoy

Stop being rational, there is no place for that here

all while being hamstrung by sanctions

My niece's boyfriend is one of the managers for the U of I basketball team. I wonder if I can convince her to have him sabotage the visit. Hmmm...
Are you sort of soliciting your niece? I'm not judging if it's for cuse basketball.

Are you sort of soliciting your niece? I'm not judging if it's for cuse basketball.
Prostituting not soliciting. Not quite as creepy although still has a high creepy factor.

We need this cat.
lots_of_cats358.jpg

What about these cats? Do we need them too?

No no no, not at all. My niece isn't a manager, her boyfriend is. I was thinking along the lines of talking about how Urbana sucks, and Champaign too, for that matter. Maybe mention that they don't have anything like Dinosaur BBQ and that the campus smells like soybeans. That's all.

Everybody will think I am crazy, but he may be waiting on Ty's decision. Our backcourt is very deep and very talented as is. If Ty come back, you know he will get his 35 minutes per game. I believe that some of those minutes (or else some of Hughe's minutes) would have to come at SF, hence a lot less available PT for Golden.

My bottom line is that with no Ty, there will be a great role for him here. If Ty comes back, I believe he would end up being the 4th forward behind oshae, marek, and ty or elijah. We all know how much PT the 4th forward will get barring injuries or other mis-fortune.

Everybody will think I am crazy, but he may be waiting on Ty's decision. Our backcourt is very deep and very talented as is. If Ty come back, you know he will get his 35 minutes per game. I believe that some of those minutes (or else some of Hughe's minutes) would have to come at SF, hence a lot less available PT for Golden.

My bottom line is that with no Ty, there will be a great role for him here. If Ty comes back, I believe he would end up being the 4th forward behind oshae, marek, and ty or elijah. We all know how much PT the 4th forward will get barring injuries or other mis-fortune.
Just said that to my father.

Golden is a four. He'd be filling in for Marek. Hughes, nor Battle would impact his minutes.

...I was thinking along the lines of talking about how Urbana sucks, and Champaign too, for that matter. Maybe mention that they don't have anything like Dinosaur BBQ and that the campus smells like soybeans. That's all.

No, they don't have a Dinosaur, but they do have a Wood 'N Hog BBQ in Champaign. And far worse -- A GOLDEN Wok in Urbana. Yeah, you heard that right. Color me concerned.

Kinda was thinking the opposite. He may be waiting on Ty's decision but him coming back (still maybe) might make cuse more appealing. Makes cuse a better team likely. And I don't see his minutes being too much affected by his return, Golden would be the closest thing to a PF.

Ok, just checking. Sometimes cats we need and cats we don't need are hard to tell apart.
Cat rescuers we need and Cat rescuers we don't need, equally difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom