Class of 2024 - PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 PF Donnie Freeman (MD / IMG) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (5/11/23)

Paying off already.

View attachment 227676
giphy1.gif

In all seriousness here, the most important recruit since Melo is going to be Kiyan. Kiyan will be. Top 10 player by the final class rankings he’s getting that good. He’ll be the biggest recruit for Red and for him to jumpstart his career. Not saying Kiyan is Pearl. But Kiyan has the potential to be what Pearl was to Boeheim, Kiyan could be to Red
I find this post astonishing. I like the player and I think he has worked hard to improve but I think there are at least three guys on our roster presently who are clearly better prospects. I like Freeman much better, and actually prefer Moore as well. What have you seen to make such an incredible prediction?

I find this post astonishing. I like the player and I think he has worked hard to improve but I think there are at least three guys on our roster presently who are clearly better prospects. I like Freeman much better, and actually prefer Moore as well. What have you seen to make such an incredible prediction?

His last name and his dad, apparently.

Don’t get me wrong, Kiyan is nice, and continues to get better all the time.

But - it’s not like he’s a Top 10 guy in his class. Or even Top 50.
Yet.

And there’s no guarantee he ever will be.
Which is fine.

He’d still be a great get, for many reasons.

But I think putting the Pearl-like program builder label on him, is entirely premature and unfounded.

In all seriousness here, the most important recruit since Melo is going to be Kiyan. Kiyan will be. Top 10 player by the final class rankings he’s getting that good. He’ll be the biggest recruit for Red and for him to jumpstart his career. Not saying Kiyan is Pearl. But Kiyan has the potential to be what Pearl was to Boeheim, Kiyan could be to Red
If he gets to 6-7/6-8, I would agree with you.

If he stays at 6-3/6-4, I think his ceiling might be a little lower. Probably Top 40ish (he's around 60s right now).

If he's 6-5/6-6, then maybe he can get to Top 20-25... just one man's opinion.

He's not a superior athlete - those things might be able to improve with strength & conditioning some, but I'm not sure it can improve to the elite level for a 6-3/6-4 guard.

His skill level will certainly be near the top of the list.

All that being said, he is a super important recruit - not only from a talent-level standpoint, but from a father-connection to the program standpoint.

You don't think 'Melo wouldn't throw a few million into the kitty for NIL to make sure his son is surrounded by elite-level talent? I think it's already been discussed a bit, but that's just as important.

If he gets to 6-7/6-8, I would agree with you.

If he stays at 6-3/6-4, I think his ceiling might be a little lower. Probably Top 40ish (he's around 60s right now).

If he's 6-5/6-6, then maybe he can get to Top 20-25... just one man's opinion.

He's not a superior athlete - those things might be able to improve with strength & conditioning some, but I'm not sure it can improve to the elite level for a 6-3/6-4 guard.

His skill level will certainly be near the top of the list.

All that being said, he is a super important recruit - not only from a talent-level standpoint, but from a father-connection to the program standpoint.

You don't think 'Melo wouldn't throw a few million into the kitty for NIL to make sure his son is surrounded by elite-level talent? I think it's already been discussed a bit, but that's just as important.
He was 6’5 last time I saw his height listed. Don’t think he is going to shrink anytime soon.

A lot tbh, you have to remember Kiyan is going into his junior season so of course people on our roster are going to be better right now. Look at him a year ago, 2 years ago. How much his game has grown, how much better he has gotten, how much his body has filled out, how much taller he has gotten, his athleticism, his jumper. He’s already a BUCKET. He takes after his dad, he’ll get his points the second he steps into college. And he’s not even technically a junior yet. His frame will fill out so much more in a year to two years. Let’s not forget Melo was a late bloomer too and tbh I think Kiyan still might grow a couple more inches. Add to that, the bloodlines and who he has access to and the knowledge he’ll gain. I’m pretty confident he’ll be a top 10 player coming into Cuse. I’d put a pretty good wager on it. But everyone has the right to their opinion, I’m just not so sure Kiyan is the guy you want to wage a bet against, being a stud his freshman season haha

He was 6’5 last time I saw his height listed. Don’t think he is going to shrink anytime soon.
Yeah I’m thinking 6’7-6’8 when it’s all said and done. Plus his frame will fill out a lot more by the time he ends high school. He’s a player. That’s for sure

I looked at a site and he was listed at 6-4/6-3. My post remains.

Carmelo Anthony measured in a touch under 6'6" at the combine. Kiyan might be taller eventually? But not yet.

A lot tbh, you have to remember Kiyan is going into his junior season so of course people on our roster are going to be better right now. Look at him a year ago, 2 years ago. How much his game has grown, how much better he has gotten, how much his body has filled out, how much taller he has gotten, his athleticism, his jumper. He’s already a BUCKET. He takes after his dad, he’ll get his points the second he steps into college. And he’s not even technically a junior yet. His frame will fill out so much more in a year to two years. Let’s not forget Melo was a late bloomer too and tbh I think Kiyan still might grow a couple more inches. Add to that, the bloodlines and who he has access to and the knowledge he’ll gain. I’m pretty confident he’ll be a top 10 player coming into Cuse. I’d put a pretty good wager on it. But everyone has the right to their opinion, I’m just not so sure Kiyan is the guy you want to wage a bet against, being a stud his freshman season haha
Interesting response. Hope you are right. I’ll bet you $100 he’s not a top 10 ranked player. You in?

Astonishing? It’s an opinion.

Funny how much better the Fair musical acts have gotten... When I was a kid, they only had performers who were 20 years past their peak, now they have today's hottest acts playing for free!
Except families with pre-teens essentially can't come to the Fair when rappers are scheduled. It's a sh!tshow.

Except families with pre-teens essentially can't come to the Fair when rappers are scheduled. It's a sh!tshow.
My post was tongue and cheek. Ludacris has had more hit movies than singles the last 20 years.

It was also a joke about my age.

I suspect the 40-something's who are excited to see Ludacris are past their gangbanging days. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom