Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting post by JT’s mom, but is this legal?

I’m not arguing, just think you all need to chill out. It’s a fan board. If you want to only dicusss updates on JP, of which there would be like 5-6, (offer, interview, visit, interview, commitment announcement), then lock the thread and only allow those updates.
I don't see her post.

Last warning to all.

You can discuss anything you want on this site (of course, within reason).

But THIS thread is about Joseph Esrella. Period.

Take all the other discussions to the main board. Thank you.
Well I'm done talking about NIL and JP since a lot of folks see it as two separate discussions. I hope we get the kid and the topic dies out, but let's see if the kid picks Tennessee on Sept 2 how many posts or threads there will be complaining about NIL, fake Trump billionaire Weitsman and his ineffectiveness and how we need to get our NIL crap together ..yada yada yada

I think this was already shared but if this kid is really looking for a second family/culture then there's only one obvious choice...and its not Tennessee.

His POD cast interview was good. He is a very thoughtful kid. If you listen to the words, like "when I get there", it sounds like he has decided on SU. Could be its just not precise language (he was on a long layover in the Baltimore airport, after all.)

Last edited:
Yeah. Hard not to feel confident after reading that.
Agreed. Don’t want to put the cart before the horse, but you gotta think that he may have already chosen Cuse. He quickly announced his commitment day soon after his Cuse visit…at first I was worried with his commitment being almost a month away that he hadn’t made up his mind yet and that there would be plenty of time for Tennessee to engage in some funny business…but in this article he said he pushed back his commitment day so his travel coach could be present. Makes you think he already made up his mind. And of course a highly respected poster on this board posted smiley face emojis right around the time he announced his commitment day…the dots feel like they are connecting…hope the rug doesn’t get pulled out from under us!!

Agreed. Don’t want to put the cart before the horse, but you gotta think that he may have already chosen Cuse. He quickly announced his commitment day soon after his Cuse visit…at first I was worried with his commitment being almost a month away that he hadn’t made up his mind yet and that there would be plenty of time for Tennessee to engage in some funny business…but in this article he said he pushed back his commitment day so his travel coach could be present. Makes you think he already made up his mind. And of course a highly respected poster on this board posted smiley face emojis right around the time he announced his commitment day…the dots feel like they are connecting…hope the rug doesn’t get pulled out from under us!!
J.Taylor liked this post….coincidence?

Almost any person who is offered a 100k plus a season is going to take the money as long as the schools are comparative. If SU is able to convince him that A, we are the right fit, and B we feel positive that he will do well with NIL than he is ours. If, however, Tennesse does what they always do and cheat by promising an NIL prior to him signing than he will go to Dolly land, date a girl with eyes a little too far apart and get sick on sweet tea.

Almost any person who is offered a 100k plus a season is going to take the money as long as the schools are comparative. If SU is able to convince him that A, we are the right fit, and B we feel positive that he will do well with NIL than he is ours. If, however, Tennesse does what they always do and cheat by promising an NIL prior to him signing than he will go to Dolly land, date a girl with eyes a little too far apart and get sick on sweet tea.
He said that NIL is not a consideration for him.

Last warning to all.

You can discuss anything you want on this site (of course, within reason).

But THIS thread is about Joseph Esrella. Period.

Take all the other discussions to the main board. Thank you.

We need an “ALL-INCLUSIVE RECRUITING PROSPECTS-NIL” thread… like, pronto!!

His POD cast interview was good. He is a very thoughtful kid. If you listen to the words, like "when I get there", it sounds like he has decided on SU. Could be its just not precise language (he was on a long layover in the Baltimore airport, after all.)
This reminds me of most job interviews I've had. The person interviewing me almost always said stuff like "you'll be doing this" and "when you start". Most of those people did not offer me a job.

Is this about JP or NIL?
How do you separate the two? This is a recruiting thread, and NIL plays a part in recruiting. Not sure how to moderate tangents in discussion that are still pertinent to the primary topic. Not my monkey—not my circus, though….

I talked to my friend who is connected at Tenn. Like “talk to Barnes everyday” connected.

He said when JP visited Tenn the coaches thought things went great and that they would likely get him.

Since then, he told me they have signed 2 bigs that are similar position as JP and things have been quiet on the JP front. He told me they surely will make him a good NIL offer too.

My reading of these tea leaves is that if JP truly wants early PT, he won’t go to Tenn. If he can be swayed by a big NIL deal, Tenn will win that contest.

Personally, I think our NIL deal will be good enough, our proximity helps, our family atmosphere is solid, and we have PT to give. It will be Cuse.

Florange44

I talked to my friend who is connected at Tenn. Like “talk to Barnes everyday” connected.

He said when JP visited Tenn the coaches thought things went great and that they would likely get him.

Since then, he told me they have signed 2 bigs that are similar position as JP and things have been quiet on the JP front. He told me they surely will make him a good NIL offer too.

My reading of these tea leaves is that if JP truly wants early PT, he won’t go to Tenn. If he can be swayed by a big NIL deal, Tenn will win that contest.

Personally, I think our NIL deal will be good enough, our proximity helps, our family atmosphere is solid, and we have PT to give. It will be Cuse.

Florange44
I honestly can't imagine going to Tennessee over Cuse for him if NIL doesn't matter. I also can't imagine going to Iowa either. Fran has sent one player to the NBA, they haven't been to the sweet 16 since 1999 and their fans care way more about football than they do basketball. Syracuse is the only logical choice here.

I always said money doesn't matter...until I made a bunch of it and started going to really cool places and eating delicious food I didn't know existed.
He may already get to do that. IDK his family circumstances. And he won't be doing that while he is a D-1 player.

I don't see her post.
Not sure why the portion stayed up I thought I deleted it before posting the actual message, anyway I confused Jt (Justin Taylor’s mom posted it as JT) and JP (Justin had a flight canceled and JB called an alumnus to get him a hotel room, I don’t think it matters since he is on the team)

Last edited:
I have to say, I'll be sad if he doesn't come to SU, but how can you not root for JP? I've read so many articles about him in recent months, and he just comes across as hard-working, humble and unselfish. He seems to care more about making his teammates better than all the national accolades coming his way.

TJ Power included Iowa in his Top 5 (Iowa, Duke, UNC, Virginia, BC). He's a 6-8 or 6-10 Power Forward who is highly rated. If he commits, that would reduce the amount of time JP would play the 4, and he indicated he likes playing the 4 as well as the 5. Power is aiming to announce in mid-September.
TJ Power just did an interview recently where he said he grew up a Syracuse fan. He liked MCW as a kid, fellow Mass player, and then mentions that Syracuse has never reached out. I know we may end up with the class we want with Estrella and Ducharme, but what a shame to not even recruit a top talent who is a fan of the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors