Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

Just my personal opinion but I don't think he will end up at SU. I think our best chance is Bamba and then Francis back-up boy Sidibe, who I also like too.
agreed and the most likely scenario is Sidibe
We aren't hurting for big men for next year. We do need to add either a pf or c to back up TT & PC

I should have added that to my post is I would take both (Bamba and Sidibe) since we have room at the inn.
It would make sense. Sidibe certainly would not inhibit Bamba from coming, and Sidibe knows that Bamba is a one and done. Now, if we have a realistic chance at Preston, my revised wishlist is PG Green, SG Walker, SF Diallo (I know he is a SG, but he could play the SF), PF Preston and C Bamba with Randolph and Sidibe as backups. I could live with this recruiting class.

I'm guessing he commits on the upcoming UK visit. If he comes back from that without pulling the trigger, we have a real shot.
I think it would mean that they are holding out on Bamba.

I think it would mean that they are holding out on Bamba.

Nah. They are all in on him. They have to be, right? Two visits very recent from Cal, including an in-home and now an official visit? Certainly they wouldn't tell him, ahhh not so fast there big fella if he wants to commit. Or if they do, they are even more arrogant than I thought.

HoustonCuse said:
Nah. They are all in on him. They have to be, right? Two visits very recent from Cal, including an in-home and now an official visit? Certainly they wouldn't tell him, ahhh not so fast there big fella if he wants to commit. Or if they do, they are even more arrogant than I thought.

There are no limits to their arrogance, and I tend to agree with you, but I thought Bamba was their number one.

Seriously, what does "unbelievable" even mean. Does that mean that there was a satchel of cash waiting for him in his hotel along with a bevy of hot "coeds" at his beck and call. I would think that on each visit that you would have the coaches sucking up to you telling you how well you fit into the system and how well our school will get you prepared for the next level. Give me a break. What I don't get is that we get Green and Diallo who come up on their dime and then we get nothing yet. What is the big hold up?

I think the writing is pretty much on the wall that he appears UK all the way. Now what would that mean for Bamba remains to be seen.

Why the staff wastes their time with some of these recruits is beyond me. On another note, realizing Richards was never coming here I hope we get some commits soon. A little strange all these recruits senior seasons are about to start and a whole lot of crickets.

Last edited:
Why the staff wastes their time with some of these recruits is beyond me. On another note, realizing Richards was never coming here I hope we get some commits soon. A little strange all these recruits senior seasons are about to start and a whole lot of crickets.
well you have to try to recruit the best players, especially if they show interest, because we have teams like duke, north Carolina, and Virginia on the schedule every year. i'm not sure what you think the approach should be? if you think we are going to make a living making early offers to under-recruited 3-4 stars and developing them, well, you need to have another think coming because basketball doesn't work like football. we are a top 6 or 8 destination program and we need to recruit like it, even if it means losing on guys to duke/Kentucky...we have to at least go for them.

well you have to try to recruit the best players, especially if they show interest, because we have teams like duke, north Carolina, and Virginia on the schedule every year. i'm not sure what you think the approach should be? if you think we are going to make a living making early offers to under-recruited 3-4 stars and developing them, well, you need to have another think coming because basketball doesn't work like football. we are a top 6 or 8 destination program and we need to recruit like it, even if it means losing on guys to duke/Kentucky...we have to at least go for them.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't JB himself say in his book that he doesn't bother going after a recruit when duke or UK is involved? Not that I agree with that but I thought that's what he said. Raising the bar and going after a class (and needing a large class) of all top 50 kid has brought in 0 so far for '17, I believe it's very risky.

If he goes to U.K., he's definitely getting paid. What else do they possibly have to offer?

Getting paid doesn't mean they don't have other things to offer.
They have tons to offer. But, not enough to logically explain their recruiting dominance starting a few years back when Cal first got to UK. I believe it was Mason that heard that UK was no longer paying players a few years ago, because Cal had successfully built the myth to the point that kids thought that Cal "got guys to the league". But, a couple of years ago Duke decided to compete with UK for recruits and started getting the number one class each year. As more and more top notch players choose other schools over UK, we will see Cal go back to his bag of tricks, and I think he is feeling the pressure and he will do what it takes this year. In order to do that, though, you have to have kids willing to be paid off.

They have tons to offer. But, not enough to logically explain their recruiting dominance starting a few years back when Cal first got to UK. I believe it was Mason that heard that UK was no longer paying players a few years ago, because Cal had successfully built the myth to the point that kids thought that Cal "got guys to the league". But, a couple of years ago Duke decided to compete with UK for recruits and started getting the number one class each year. As more and more top notch players choose other schools over UK, we will see Cal go back to his bag of tricks, and I think he is feeling the pressure and he will do what it takes this year. In order to do that, though, you have to have kids willing to be paid off.
Back when I used to listen to ESPN when UK had Gillespie and were struggling , they had a discussion and felt UK would never be the same again they lost their mystique. Fast forward to the Cal days and they get anybody they want, and look who's holding Cals hand through all of this ... ESPN. Very ironic .

If he goes to U.K., he's definitely getting paid. What else do they possibly have to offer?
Have you ever seen their basketball dorms? Those guys live better than wealthy people do. They are amazing. There are a lot of reasons to go to Kentucky that don't involve $$$

Have you ever seen their basketball dorms? Those guys live better than wealthy people do. They are amazing. There are a lot of reasons to go to Kentucky that don't involve $$$

Yeah I mean the (hot) take is that if Richards picks UK over us then he must be paid. Yeah I get it Cal is the worst. But come on. The

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom