Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, speaking of Zag. ;)
I ain't even clicking. Don't do it! It feeds Kentucky lovefest 2016.
Haha tee1222 zags article is such UK homerism it's insane. Not sure why, but he couldn't have pumped them up more. He's even tweeting about how PSA cardinals are like a who's who of the best talent cause a few have Duke and UK offers. Ummm Syracuse and Nova actually recruit talent too. Ugh

Haha tee1222 zags article is such UK homerism it's insane. Not sure why, but he couldn't have pumped them up more. He's even tweeting about how PSA cardinals are like a who's who of the best talent cause a few have Duke and UK offers. Ummm Syracuse and Nova actually recruit talent too. Ugh
All about the benjamins. No longer "just the facts ma'am".
Joe-Friday.jpg

I know this is a stupid question and deep down in my heart I know the answer. Do we have any back up plans for PG in 2017 after Green. I mean a 3 star, literally anyone who is not the child of a member of the coaching staff.

cuseinseattle said:
I know this is a stupid question and deep down in my heart I know the answer. Do we have any back up plans for PG in 2017 after Green. I mean a 3 star, literally anyone who is not the child of a member of the coaching staff.
Tre duval apparently

Tre duval apparently
On top of that, if it got to the point where the staff thought they weren't in good standing for either, I'm sure they'd get involved with a few other true PGs or combos in 2017. I've thrown around the name Jose Alvarado, but I'm sure there are others.

no. we have no back up plans.

So, how does this work?
Quade has scholarship offers from Duke and Kentucky, but it sounds like both schools might have higher priority PG recruits.
Is his scholarship contingent on decisions by those other recruits? Would Duke and UK accept his commitment now? Will they make him wait past September?

So, how does this work?
Quade has scholarship offers from Duke and Kentucky, but it sounds like both schools might have higher priority PG recruits.
Is his scholarship contingent on decisions by those other recruits? Would Duke and UK accept his commitment now? Will they make him wait past September?

It works like this. Quade is psyched to get the offers from Duke n UK. It's the recognition of all his hard work to go along with the talent. The thing is he knows he's not either ones priority #1 target. (Both offers may be contingent) he knows he is SU's #1 option and that UK n Duke are late to the party. He's a smart kid from Philly.
I think as fans it's fine to be realistic, understanding that there are a few programs that stand atop in recruiting but the chicken little mindset needs to go. We are a powerhouse bball program and its time we got some top level recruits when up against the Duke's and UK's of the world.

It works like this. Quade is psyched to get the offers from Duke n UK. It's the recognition of all his hard work to go along with the talent. The thing is he knows he's not either ones priority #1 target. (Both offers may be contingent) he knows he is SU's #1 option and that UK n Duke are late to the party. He's a smart kid from Philly.
I think as fans it's fine to be realistic, understanding that there are a few programs that stand atop in recruiting but the chicken little mindset needs to go. We are a powerhouse bball program and its time we got some top level recruits when up against the Duke's and UK's of the world.

The offers may not be contingent, they need more than one guard. But he would also understand that if he accepts that Duke or UK offer and their primary targets also accept he may not see the minutes he wants to see. Making the wrong decision can upset his career trajectory if he goes somewhere and ends up buried at the back of their rotation.

Last edited:
The offers may not be contingent, they need more than one guard. But he would also understand that if he accepts that Duke or UK offer and their primary targets also accept he may not see the minutes he wants to see. Making the wrong decision can upset his career trajectory if he goes somewhere ands up buried at the back of their rotation.
For reference: see Andrew White and KU...

Last edited:
He was here the same weekend Gillon committed.

Yeah, with like 5 other guys. The ones mentioned in that tweet. We need the first domino for that class. I hope it's Green, but after this weekend, he'll have his offers. Kentucky and Duke can't take all the rest of those guys high on us; they've got their own targets.

Green wants to run the show! He is guaranteed to to that every season he stays in the hill. Duke and UK cannot guarantee the same.

You think he'd immediately start over a junior Frank Howard? I think it's possible, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.

You think he'd immediately start over a junior Frank Howard? I think it's possible, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.
I think a guarantee gets him through the door. And while I like Howard's potential, there aren't any guarantees with him either. Even as a junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.