Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Unless Howard shows more than last year.

I'm assuming he will, just like most players, and I'd assume he'd be even better his junior year. But sure, if he doesn't develop at all over the next two years...

The dream is dead

image.gif

bnoro said:
These kids all retweet anything that mentions them. Means absolutely nothing either way.

I'm on Twitter a lot (not tweeting at kids, for work) and see a lot of that stuff. It's def better to be retweeted than not. How important it is differs on the kid. Some are stingy with RT's some do RT everything. But to dismiss it out of hand is strange.

If I see a CFB recruit retweeting everything Pitt and nothing Syracuse - he's not coming here.

"[Kentucky] went well, I liked it," Green told SNY.tv on Tuesday. "[Coach John Calipari] wanted me to come in and play, he's going to have eight people leaving. He wanted me to come in and play."
--
"I know they do feel like their backcourt this year is going to be talented enough to all be gone possibly next year so they're looking for players to come in and play," Neumann-Goretti coach Carl Arrigale said last week on The 4 Quarters Podcast. "They see him as a Tyler Ulis maybe with a couple more inches, which is probably a pretty good comparison. He's got the guts of burglar. He plays really hard, he's not afraid of any moment and he watched the Kentucky teams with Tyler out there. They see him as being a guy who can play that similar role for them the next few years."

Green likes that Calipari has sent many point guards to the NBA, including Derrick Rose, John Wall, Brandon Knight, Marquis Teague and Ulis.

"Going there means he wants me to be a pro," Green said.
--
As for what Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said, Green said, "Same thing Coach Cal wanted me to do, come in there and play right away."
--
Green, who holds offers from a slew of other schools including Syracuse and Villanova, will cut his list sometime later this summer.

"I really don't know," he said. "Soon."

"[Kentucky] went well, I liked it," Green told SNY.tv on Tuesday. "[Coach John Calipari] wanted me to come in and play, he's going to have eight people leaving. He wanted me to come in and play."
--
"I know they do feel like their backcourt this year is going to be talented enough to all be gone possibly next year so they're looking for players to come in and play," Neumann-Goretti coach Carl Arrigale said last week on The 4 Quarters Podcast. "They see him as a Tyler Ulis maybe with a couple more inches, which is probably a pretty good comparison. He's got the guts of burglar. He plays really hard, he's not afraid of any moment and he watched the Kentucky teams with Tyler out there. They see him as being a guy who can play that similar role for them the next few years."

Green likes that Calipari has sent many point guards to the NBA, including Derrick Rose, John Wall, Brandon Knight, Marquis Teague and Ulis.

"Going there means he wants me to be a pro," Green said.
--
As for what Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said, Green said, "Same thing Coach Cal wanted me to do, come in there and play right away."
--
Green, who holds offers from a slew of other schools including Syracuse and Villanova, will cut his list sometime later this summer.

"I really don't know," he said. "Soon."

I get the impression Calipari says exactly the same thing every year to every kid, "they do feel ... this year is going to be talented enough to all be gone possibly next year so they're looking for players to come in and play". Wow, what a message.

I get the impression Calipari says exactly the same thing every year to every kid, "they do feel ... this year is going to be talented enough to all be gone possibly next year so they're looking for players to come in and play". Wow, what a message.

I was thinking the same thing. What's silly is that the message seems to work. I suspect Quade can see through it though.

I was thinking the same thing. What's silly is that the message seems to work. I suspect Quade can see through it though.
The only thing I can say positive about Coach PayPal Cal, is that somehow he gets 5+ top players to come split time with other top players. Now, who knows if his methods are legit or not, past events have proved that some are not.

But to say that he gets players to the NBA is a crock. Just about every player he has signed would end up in the league no matter where they played, and should the NBA change its rules, all of them wouldn't be going to college(UK) anyway. What these players need to look at are the Harrison Twins, Marcus Lees, Alex Poythress, Isaiah Briscoe, etc. How well did Cal help them to the NBA early?

The only thing I can say positive about Coach PayPal Cal, is that somehow he gets 5+ top players to come split time with other top players. Now, who knows if his methods are legit or not, past events have proved that some are not.

But to say that he gets players to the NBA is a crock. Just about every player he has signed would end up in the league no matter where they played, and should the NBA change its rules, all of them wouldn't be going to college(UK) anyway. What these players need to look at are the Harrison Twins, Marcus Lees, Alex Poythress, etc. How well did Cal help them to the NBA early?

So essentially what you are saying is Caliperi is a . Got it.

So essentially what you are saying is Caliperi is a . Got it.
Well......YES!!!! Yes I am!!!!

On a side note, anyone else think his cameo's with his players at the NBA draft is fake, and strictly for PR?

Well...YES!!!! Yes I am!!!!

On a side note, anyone else think his cameo's with his players at the NBA draft is fake, and strictly for PR?

Strictly PR. He is what he is.

But to say that he gets players to the NBA is a crock. Just about every player he has signed would end up in the league no matter where they played, and should the NBA change its rules, all of them wouldn't be going to college(UK) anyway. What these players need to look at are the Harrison Twins, Marcus Lees, Alex Poythress, Isaiah Briscoe, etc. How well did Cal help them to the NBA early?
No to mention that if they blow out a knee ... they'll have no education to fall back on. That's the downside of a pseudo-academic program.

Jesus Christ he's terrific:

So strong on the dribble to either side. At first I thought he was a lefty. And is passing ability is off the charts. And he has ridiculous speed. And I thought Battle was fast. This kid is absolutely terrific. One the best point guards I've ever seen. I think he could be one of top 5 guards in Syracuse history. This is why I hate looking at highlights. I fall in love these players. I sure hope we get him. I will be disappointed now after watching the highlights.

Here's a curious one. Check out the UK and Duke lovefest they keep quizzing him on. But fast forward to 2:05 when he's asked about coexisting with other PGs at those two schools. I think you're gonna like it. Well, maybe not all on here. ;)
Anyways, he didn't bring up SU but I'm not sure he was given that context.

Here's a curious one. Check out the UK and Duke lovefest they keep quizzing him on. But fast forward to 2:05 when he's asked about coexisting with other PGs at those two schools. I think you're gonna like it. Well, maybe not all on here. ;)
Anyways, he didn't bring up SU but I'm not sure he was given that context.

What the heck was the creepy guy behind him staring at the whole time. Weird. But he's the one who asked the good question.

It's pronounced Qua-day.

I'm not sure what to think about him. He seems like he's already made up his mind and all his answers were very neutral. His answers certainly do not make me think we are not in the running. We have a pretty good track record getting guys into the NBA. He definitely sounds and looks like a 1-and-done no matter where he goes. It's just the way it is nowadays. He probably has a better chance being a 1-and-done with Syracuse than UK or Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.