Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

That class is also sort of Chukwu. Those three all be important parts in 16/17
Most of the transfers JB has taken turn out well, going back to Leo Rautins, which also gave us Andy.

I'm liking our chances :D

Seriously though, and objectively speaking, my friends are telling me Syracuse will be seriously loaded when Tyus is a freshman. Is it fair to say we'd be ranked #1 or the favorites to win it all? I know anything can happen in March/April but is it realistic to think we have a good shot at the national title?

With what we'll have on the roster in 16/17 I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be ranked top 10, maybe even top 5. This is the most excited I've been since the 2012 squad. We've been good since and even with the final four team I think this team will be all around better.

You know what I'm excited about? We finally have a guy who's gonna be in the McDonald's game whose game actually fits the All-Star game atmosphere. No more guys scoring 2 or 3 points! Mamba will absolutely be one of those guys who winds up scoring like 20 in that setting.
DC back in the day was an MVP in the game for the west, when you can rebound, handle, shoot, and seem mean, you get the ball.

Seriously though, and objectively speaking, my friends are telling me Syracuse will be seriously loaded when Tyus is a freshman. Is it fair to say we'd be ranked #1 or the favorites to win it all? I know anything can happen in March/April but is it realistic to think we have a good shot at the national title?

A lot has to do with how we do this season. It's hard now to project further down the road than thee next season, but if everyone stays who should, we'll have a pretty legit team.

They already cancelled the entire 2016 season and the trophy is on its way over to the melo center as we speak.

The 16-17 season is a LONG way off. But, it's unrealistic to expect that SU will be "the favorites to win it all," IMO. On paper, the potential is there to suggest that 16-17 squad will be very good.

But I kinda doubt we will be favored to win the ACC, let alone the NC. As a start, go check out the talent Duke and NC have coming in. And then check out Kansas, LSU, Kentucky and on and on.

You can't look at what Duke has coming in each year and expect us to be ranked ahead of them. We might be, but as excited as we are to be getting a top 20 player, they are getting 3 top 10 guys every year with top 40 fillers. I think we will be competitive with the best in the country, but with Duke and Kentucky getting monster classes every year, we are unlikely to be ranked ahead of them preseason for the foreseeable future.

Rats. We better put away our noisemakers and confetti. Some dunce at the bonedyard is assuring all the dipsh_ts that Battle's commit is "charmin soft"

According to their source the former Iraq minister of information?

Orangeman13 said:
I'm liking our chances :D Seriously though, and objectively speaking, my friends are telling me Syracuse will be seriously loaded when Tyus is a freshman. Is it fair to say we'd be ranked #1 or the favorites to win it all? I know anything can happen in March/April but is it realistic to think we have a good shot at the national title?

Are you a real person?

Even when the news is somewhat expected (for those who trust board insiders), there's still nothing to describe that feeling when the news gets out... So pumped right now. His commitment tweet has 1,000+ likes and re-tweets, let's go!!!

bzshot11.gif

(I recycle posts because I'm environmentally conscious)

Upon Further Review (ESPN 97.7) just said Battle will be on the air tomorrow afternoon. Didn't say what time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom