Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

I like our chances better now than a few months ago. Still think it'll be a slugfest till the end with UK and Duke involved.
Does VJ King impact him at all, for the same reasons Jamal Murray might have? Or will King, if he comes to SU, be more of a 2-3 and Battle will be a 1-2?

weird kentucky is involved. Usually you dont have Kentucky on the final list with SU and Duke. Makes me a little more hopeful than i usually would be.

No impact between the two. Battle is being strictly recruited as a guard, while King projects long-term as a wing.
Awesome to hear. I kind of figured that, since it sounds like King will wind up in the 6-7 to 6-8 range when it's all said and done.

Free Scout article of Battle's visit last weekend: http://syracuse.At their request, t...attle-sees-a-different-side-of-syracuse?s=185

I live a bit on the superstitious side, so I'll let my brethren here do all the speculating.

Free Scout article of Battle's visit last weekend: http://syracuse.At their request, t...attle-sees-a-different-side-of-syracuse?s=185

I live a bit on the superstitious side, so I'll let my brethren here do all the speculating.

All of his quotes are certainly good for us. "It will make the decision easier" or some form of it came 3-4 times. Can't be a bad thing.

I realize he still has two years before joining the college ranks, but it doesn't mean I don't want him to make up his mind really soon.

“It went very well,” Gary Battle, the player’s father who did not make the trip with Tyus, told SNY.tv. “Tyus said Big Blue Madness was awesome and Cal and coach [John] Robic were very excited about him and how he may fit if he attends the school in a few years. Ty stated that he could see how Coach Cal gets some of the best talent year after year. It was a great event.”..... to me the quote about how he could see how Cal gets some of the best talent makes it seem like Kentucky may be out.

i'd pump the brakes on thinking that quote means Kentucky is out plus lets wait and see what happens with the NCAA investigation.

It could also mean that he was shown the $, so I could see how Cal gets the best talent year after year...

It could also mean that he was shown the $, so I could see how Cal gets the best talent year after year...
Name your price.jpg

Everybody has a price right?

You know what's going to happen with the NCAA investigation? A whole lot of nothing.

Yep, someone will leave early Bryant will close the 2015 class and we will keep looking to add a couple of stud players to fill out the 2016 class along with Moyer. SU bball and JB keep rolling along. Hop and Gerry are in place to keep it rolling long after JB decides to hang them up.

Yep, someone will leave early Bryant will close the 2015 class and we will keep looking to add a couple of stud players to fill out the 2016 class along with Moyer. SU bball and JB keep rolling along. Hop and Gerry are in place to keep it rolling long after JB decides to hang them up.
That's right, we are just going to keep on keepin on.

View attachment 28564
Everybody has a price right?

I remember one time when the Million Dolllar Man offered a kid a large sum of cash if he could do ten pushups. If I recall correctly, for the 10th pushup he instructed his bodyguard Virgil to step on the kid so he couldn't complete it. Hopefully Cal isn't our MDM/Virgil and/or Battle is strong enough to resist.

I remember one time when the Million Dolllar Man offered a kid a large sum of cash if he could do ten pushups. If I recall correctly, for the 10th pushup he instructed his bodyguard Virgil to step on the kid so he couldn't complete it. Hopefully Cal isn't our MDM/Virgil and/or Battle is strong enough to resist.

Not sure I should be proud of this, but I remember that also.

Not sure I should be proud of this, but I remember that also.

Thanks, I appreciate that. You just made my day! :) (I'm not sure I should be proud of that. Seriously though, it did) It's cool knowing I'm not the only person remembering something that obscure.

There was also the time he offered a toddler some sort of deal if he was able to dribble a basketball 15 times in a row:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom