Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Said it before he committed to Michigan, Battle is headed to Duke. I hope he decides to go Orange, but I don't think so. Prove me wrong Tyus, please !

"Tyus Battle back on the board!" I am so confused.

I don't think that Duke is the one we need to fear. I'm pretty sure that Battle's dad had something to do with this--and he wants Tyus to stay closer to home. Also, Duke's got Thornton, Allen, and Kennard for the foreseeable future--it's not hard to imagine Battle struggling to get minutes. To be completely honest, I think that Ohio State or somebody we haven't thought of like Maryland being the biggest threat. Not that I want it to happen, but it would be fifty shades of hilarious if Battle de-committed from UM to go to OSU. In the end, I think Battle is almost surely coming to SU.

bizzaro world images.jpeg

The wonderful world of college recruiting; let's see where this new twist takes us.

Posts to this thread were petering off. Maybe he wants it to approach Robert Washington proportions?

Nope. This is not that sort of thing.
OK.
Here is the story. I think Orangeyes had a hand in this one.
I was in town in October for homecoming weekend, and alumni club president meetings. I had made plans to meet Dan's son, Tomcat, and Cherie after the game since I could not go to the Fine tailgate since I had Alumni club President commitments. We all met in Fine lot after the football game. Then I rushed over to Goldstein where the alumni club Pres. were having a final cocktail party. As I was walking past Newhouse, Mike Hopkins came out and was with what I thought at the time were maybe 2 of the players. It was blustery and cold and they were a little bundled up. I started to walk past Mike, and then turned and said," Mike Hopkins"? He turned and said "yes"? I said" I just came from meeting with Dan Johnson's son. I was suppose to get together with Dan when I was here but unfortunately we know that was not meant to be. I also have a son who suffers greatly from crohn's disease. I have to say what you did with visiting Dan in the hospital all summer and making him feel so special during his final days was just great. I only hope if my son ever ends up that ill that someone as special as you comes along and takes the same special interest in him that you did with Dan." Mike thanked me, and we went our separate ways. I had a feeling at the end of the conversation that it was a recruit and a father who was standing there. The father looked incredibly impressed by what I had just said. That is what made me realize it was a parent and recruit when I noticed the look on his face. Later I read that the Battles had been in town and that Hopkins had given them a tour of Newhouse. When I saw the pictures I knew that is who was standing there. Totally innocent, but seriously could not have happened any better than that.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...nson_faces_major_surgery_on.html#incart_river

So yesterday was the one year anniversary of Dan's surgery. I think that fact is incredibly ironic, as I stated above the reason I think if Battle comes to SU, I will be responsible with an assist from Dan. Wow, just wow. Hope this weighs on their minds as they make the decision to commit to SU!!! I honestly think Dan took care of this for us on this one year anniversary of his surgery!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom