Pitt taking UNC to Woodshed | Syracusefan.com

Pitt taking UNC to Woodshed

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
up 23-8. All of a sudden Pitt is playing ball again. Looks like the win at Clemson ignited them again. IMO teams that have something to play for (bubble talk about Pitt) play with a lot more intensity in these things. We will have our hands full with NIT St. tonight because they want to get themselves a bid.

If Pitt gets this win and actually has a good win on their resume (thus not being as much of a joke) I will root for them to meet us in the finals, and make every ACC die hard angry.

My feeling also.

Pitt's performance today is really no surprise. They typically are a real good team in the conference tournament. It's the other tournament that they are typically not so good.

up 23-8. All of a sudden Pitt is playing ball again. Looks like the win at Clemson ignited them again. IMO teams that have something to play for (bubble talk about Pitt) play with a lot more intensity in these things. We will have our hands full with NIT St. tonight because they want to get themselves a bid.

These damn unranked Big East teams are tough! Now the ACC finally experiences what we go through every year!!!

itsbotime said:
UNC back it its early-season form today.
Unc played a little better but really their schedule just got easier. They're really just not very good.

I can't help but smile at the prospect of half the semis potentially being old Big East teams. Part of me would like another shot at Virginia in the finals with a full(er) strength roster though.

I agree with Palmer - that UVA game was brutal. It'd be great to get another shot at them. (Frankly, it would be great playing either Pitt or UVA in the finals.)

CusefanATL said:
we may only have 2 top 25 wins after today.
That's the dumb part of this whole thing...unc wasn't a top 25 team when we played them and likely aren't now...what they did in between is so irrelevant...

It's weird, it's like, I hate Pitt, but I also feel a sense of camaraderie towards them since they're the fellow new kid on the block. I honestly think it would be very cool if it was Pitt vs. SU for the title and we won. Just as a big to the ACC.
I don't want to say to the ACC - they saved us. I prefer to think of it as an affirmation of their decision to take us in. :D

It's not going to be a friendly handshake between Dixon and Williams at the end of this one.
Roy looks like his head is going to explode.

UNC has a ton of big athletic guys... that simply don't rebound. It's quite bizarre. Pitt +18 on the boards at the moment, +10 in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom