Possible assistant coaches... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Possible assistant coaches...

Too bad if Nick Monroe isn't one of the guys he brings in-Supposed to be their best recruiter and recruits Florida well.
He coached at Colgate before and has experience recruiting in the Northeast too..

Good point. He's been a DB coach most of his career and it just so happens, there's no DB coach listed among those transitioning with Dino.
If he is not sure about getting Ward, I would hold off on staffing the assistants on that side of the ball.

Since they can only recruit until Friday, they may do the recruiting, and then return to coach the bowl game at BG? Would that be weird? I guess not because they would have to be on 2 staffs at once.

Since they can only recruit until Friday, they may do the recruiting, and then return to coach the bowl game at BG? Would that be weird? I guess not because they would have to be on 2 staffs at once.
Yeah, they can't really recruit for SU until they're officially employees. And they can't coach at BG if they're officially employees at SU, obviously.

Good point. He's been a DB coach most of his career and it just so happens, there's no DB coach listed among those transitioning with Dino.

Agree with you and OburgCuse. I bet McCloud goes back to being a DB coach here with us.

Cheers,
Neil

llandz said:

I don't think they can work for two staffs at once.

Dino said he's got got coaches on the launch pad ready to start recruiting tonight. If not the BG guys, who else would it be? Acosta, Lea, other unnamed coaches?

Franz69 said:
Dino said he's got got coaches on the launch pad ready to start recruiting tonight. If not the BG guys, who else would it be? Acosta, Lea, other unnamed coaches?

The BG guys have practices to coach for a bowl game.

Yeah, they can't really recruit for SU until they're officially employees. And they can't coach at BG if they're officially employees at SU, obviously.

So is it possible Dino exaggerated at the presser?

Cheers,
Neil

The BG guys have practices to coach for a bowl game.

Staggered hires? Grab a couple now to help Lea and Acosta and the rest after the bowl game.

The Dead period doesn't start until 12/14.

So I take it Byrne knows Monroe? That's good. I assume from Florida recruiting.

Interesting that Dino wouldn't bring Mickens with him. His name was tossed around a little since he was a pro DB.

Last edited:
Could be FootballScoop is wrong about who is joining the staff...

This bodes well. I think most on this board wanted Monroe to come with Dino. But if he is the DB coach and Acosta does stay, I can't see how both WR coaches coming over from BG.

Cheers,
Neil

Adam can recruit. he just can't coach the OLine. if there is a position where he can be a solid coach, then fine with me.
Agreed. Adam has a terrific reputation among recruits. They all seem to love him. Could see him maybe being a quality control/recruiting type role, potentially?