Possible assistant coaches... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Possible assistant coaches...

No mention of Nick Monroe in this listing.

Cheers,
Neil.
They added an update to their running blog after that article went out.

Syracuse: Syracuse players are relaying that Bowling Green defensive backs coach Nick Monroe is at Syracuse as well (more below).

FootballScoop.com is reporting that sources have told them that Babers is bringing seven members of his Bowling Green staff to Syracuse, including their entire offensive staff. That includes co-offensive coordinators Mike Lynch and Sean Lewis, wide receivers coach Kim McCloud, tight ends coach Tom Freeman, outside receivers coach Andrew Sowder, defensive coordinator Brian Ward and defensive line coach/special teams coordinator Tom Kaufman.

2 hour old info, and possibly incorrect.

Nick Monroe is there, Colin Byrne tweeted out saying its great to see him. He's a good recruiter, and good DB's coach, especially when compared to Fred Reed

Agree with all of that. Which is why the FootballScoop stuff is conflicting with it. If Dino bringing 7 and Monroe isn't one of the 7 listed then who says they are right about six of the seven listed. We are just going to have to wait and see.

Cheers,
Neil

They added an update to their running blog after that article went out.

Syracuse: Syracuse players are relaying that Bowling Green defensive backs coach Nick Monroe is at Syracuse as well (more below).

Yes, and I'll lay odds that update is based upon this board and not any "scoop" they had. I guess all I am getting at is we should wait and see. Will a lot of BG assistant coaches be making the move? Yes. But which ones and how many is still to be determined.

Cheers,
Neil

So FB Scoop may have been correct on numbers, just wrong on names. Monroe, not Freeman. And since Freeman coached TEs, boom. Bobby Acosta. Recruiting ties to NJ maintained. (Fingers are crossed)
Hopefully he is in NJ right now trying to convince a few players to reconsider Syracuse.

Monroe will be a good get for you guys, I'm upset he's leaving.
Hey question... When you guys play P5 schools...do you always do 1 for 1s? Or would they agree to a 2 for 1?

Hey question... When you guys play P5 schools...do you always do 1 for 1s? Or would they agree to a 2 for 1?

Maryland did a two-for-one as BG plays there again in 2017 and they travel to BG in 2018. The last 1-for-1 we had was against Minnesota in 2007/2008. Outside of that, there isn't much wheeling and dealing. Next year we open at Ohio State and travel to Memphis while playing North Dakota and Middle Tennessee St. at home.

Any idea how Dino would use Sowder if he already has both Monroe and McCloud? Seems like McCloud's experience is either with receivers or dbs so if Monroe retains dbs like at BG, then McCloud looks like he would be a wide receivers coach. So how does Sowder fit in? Seems like a waste of a coaching slot to have what BG had - a wide receivers coach (McCloud) and an outside wide receivers coach (Sowder). But what do I know?

Cheers,
Neil

Any idea how Dino would use Sowder if he already has both Monroe and McCloud? Seems like McCloud's experience is either with receivers or dbs so if Monroe retains dbs like at BG, then McCloud looks like he would be a wide receivers coach. So how does Sowder fit in? Seems like a waste of a coaching slot to have what BG had - a wide receivers coach (McCloud) and an outside wide receivers coach (Sowder). But what do I know?

Cheers,
Neil

McCloud is basically Babers' right-hand man...he's more of an assistant head coach than anything else. He'll likely be assisting in a multitude of positions rather than a specific one.

If Ward gets the BG HC job, does that mean we see The Chest?

McCloud is basically Babers' right-hand man...he's more of an assistant head coach than anything else. He'll likely be assisting in a multitude of positions rather than a specific one.

No offense, but that seems so small-time to me. If he's the right hand man, shouldn't he be one of the co-OC's?

Cheers,
Neil

Since they can only recruit until Friday, they may do the recruiting, and then return to coach the bowl game at BG? Would that be weird? I guess not because they would have to be on 2 staffs at once.

There's a really immature Chip/Millhouse joke in your post that I'm dying to make but you're too nice a lady to sully your post.