Potential 2024 Roster | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Potential 2024 Roster

i guess now that the orange's season is officially over i can report that english and stevens indeed are both headed to syracuse and they were given a boatload of NIL money to do so. they entered and exited the portal months ago

alec stathakis is not in the portal as of this moment so if he also wants to go to syracuse then that was coordinated through backchannels and is not official
what’s ur proof or how you know for sure this is true? very curious.

sad to see him go but maby next team will use him to his full potential cause petro certainlt did not. Dude should been playing on O at times or pushing it any chance he got.

sad to see him go but maby next team will use him to his full potential cause petro certainlt did not. Dude should been playing on O at times or pushing it any chance he got.
I agree somewhat. Our O was very efficient this year so it makes sense that we wanted to get them out there, but I think we could have exploited opportunities in transition more since our guys have talent there, especially in the periods where the offense was not on its game. I hope he gets a chance to play some offense at his next stop. He has serious talent there.

We do not divulge sources here. The best way to lose a source is to name that source.
wasn’t asking to say your source was more asking that this came from a player or someone close to them or friend not saying name exactly how or who just more is it super reliable and without doubt true

I agree somewhat. Our O was very efficient this year so it makes sense that we wanted to get them out there, but I think we could have exploited opportunities in transition more since our guys have talent there, especially in the periods where the offense was not on its game. I hope he gets a chance to play some offense at his next stop. He has serious talent there.
he took faceoffs also in high school no? Mean after year we had why not give him try even. That’s more on our coaches and without talking to players never really know bout coaches. I will say tho if gait fully expects to make this program get back to champ weekend every year or 22years in row or whatever ridiculous stat had back then will never happen again for anyteam. The field and game expanded so much n teams and players gotten so much better. Alone with schools all over country that have top talent. I don’t think he expects that. But least be competitive year in and year out mostly isn’t impossible. But look at corraigan from ND. Dudes been there what 30yrs or least 25+ and hasn’t won chip yet. But every year since bout 2006 they have been one of best teams let alone one of better defenses also.

Kinda always wonder how coach like that making two titles losing both in his how ever many years coaching. While desko had few bad years but also won what 5 titles making it least 6times(2013 to duke in my hometown philly). Gets let go.

I know the scanlon thing and whatever else. But i feel few of the years they should of made it one being losing to bryant first round. Wasn’t his fault really. Can only tell guys how to play or what to do but can’t make them. That team def shouldn’t of lost to bryant even tho had a solid team and coach then.

Don’t ask how went from aviles to talking bout corrigan and desko my mind just wonders.

wasn’t asking to say your source was more asking that this came from a player or someone close to them or friend not saying name exactly how or who just more is it super reliable and without doubt true
Heard the same thing from a person connected at the highest levels of college lacrosse. Friends of the program were able to put together an outstanding nil package and it was a done deal about a month ago.

Gtown

Good for Aviles. Curious what his role will be there as they will have a much different looking team there than they do now. I won’t claim to be his biggest fan this year but he played hard and was obviously very talented (see how much the unit struggled without him).

Which leads me to next season. Rice and Rosa are the only two returning starters and the group needs serious work. Very curious as to who this rumored d3 transfer is. I hate to say, but the unit needs more work. I don’t mean to diminish but I don’t think Rosa should be a starter. Additionally it’s hard to predict which freshmen could step into the role before they’ve gotten to campus, so projecting future success at the position isn’t as easy as say, a top rated goalie or attackman. I think they should aim to bring in at least two more guys at the position (in addition to rumored d3 guy).

the young guy from rutgers may be good choice go to. Was lsm but then played dmid for them and was freshman this year believe so could have him for next 3-4 atleast.

Good for Aviles. Curious what his role will be there as they will have a much different looking team there than they do now. I won’t claim to be his biggest fan this year but he played hard and was obviously very talented (see how much the unit struggled without him).

Which leads me to next season. Rice and Rosa are the only two returning starters and the group needs serious work. Very curious as to who this rumored d3 transfer is. I hate to say, but the unit needs more work. I don’t mean to diminish but I don’t think Rosa should be a starter. Additionally it’s hard to predict which freshmen could step into the role before they’ve gotten to campus, so projecting future success at the position isn’t as easy as say, a top rated goalie or attackman. I think they should aim to bring in at least two more guys at the position (in addition to rumored d3 guy).
Yeah I been saying that too. Love Rosa heart but he just is not fast or athletic enough to play DM at this level. He does a decent job on man down so can let him do that but he just can't cover guys one on one. Definitely can't play the wing next yr he's again just to slow.

Petro did a lot of screaming at him this yr too. Some kids just don't wanna deal with being yelled at and put down. When I grew up it was like that but today these kids don't get treated like that in HS so tough to handle it if it happens in college. Times have changed in HS u can't even curse a kid anymore. My coaches used to grab us by the helmet scream at us then toss us and tell us to run. Was no big deal to me but today it's different. These kids aren't used to it and some kids shut down and don't play well. Especially if u don't bring them back up after tearing em down. Just I went to a lot of games and that's his style of coaching is to scream at kids. I saw him do it to Murphy and it effected him midseason too. He seemed more calm the last few games and his game raised. I saw many curse him under there breath as they walked away from him. At this level you know when u make a mistake u don't need to be screamed at in front of everyone. Coach Petro knows D and knows how to coach but I think he needs to change some of his ways. Just like he needs to let his DMs push transition. Aviles should have had the green light at SU.

Last edited:
Hmm his neighbor and good friend Simonton who plays at Providence said "Big Things for 43". Could he go play with him? Wouldn't think he would leave SU for there but if he's guaranteed to play some offense maybe that would make him do it? A lot closer to home for his family to go watch him just jump on ferry and there in no time. He lives 5 mins from the ferry. Not sure about there grad program? I really feel he wants to to play some offense after playing it it for team PR over the summer. He must hate having to dump it off and rush off the field. A lot of kids don't mind making the switch to SSDM like Carc said the other day because in todays game u get to play some offense in the transition game. If u enjoy D but still wanna play some offense then why not. He has a big yr as a two way maybe he gets a shot at the PLL. U gotta be a two way or u won't even get a shot. Not happening at SU unless Gary wants it to happen.

Last edited:
If Cuse can solve the fogo issue (after all, possession is king), Gait might allow more fast breaks and freelancing by athletic guys like Aviles. Would love to see it.

Aviles's fast break goal, 2nd game vs UNC, literally had me up out of chair!

Hmm his neighbor and good friend Simonton who plays at Providence said "Big Things for 43". Could he go play with him? Wouldn't think he would leave SU for there but if he's guaranteed to play some offense maybe that would make him do it? A lot closer to home for his family to go watch him just jump on ferry and there in no time. He lives 5 mins from the ferry. Not sure about there grad program? I really feel he wants to to play some offense after playing it it for team PR over the summer. He must hate having to dump it off and rush off the field. A lot of kids don't mind making the switch to SSDM like Carc said the other day because in todays game u get to play some offense in the transition game. If u enjoy D but still wanna play some offense then why not. He has a big yr as a two way maybe he gets a shot at the PLL. U gotta be a two way or u won't even get a shot. Not happening at SU unless Gary wants it to happen.
DMV said Georgetown yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom