Class of 2015 - Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Potential New Name at CB/S Ronnie Hoggins Jr

It's been hell trying to confirm this. I've had three different people tell me Syracuse was on this prospect, but I cannot get a response from the player or the head coach. After following up with two of my coaching friends, I feel comfortable releasing the name. Take this for what it's worth. I can't say definitively that he will be visiting SU, he has a scholarship offer, or they are testing the water; but here is the info I have.

C/O 2015 CB Ronnie Hoggins Jr.
5'10 170lbs
4.59 40 yard dash
4.35 Shuttle
225 Bench Press
375 Squat

Ronnie was recently named the Broward County Defensive Player of the Year. Had 12 interceptions during his senior campaign. Also wants to major in communications.

Senior highlight film - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1355434/highlights/180093375

He's a ball hawk with great hips and eyes. I'm really hoping this pans out.

It's been hell trying to confirm this. I've had three different people tell me Syracuse was on this prospect, but I cannot get a response from the player or the head coach. After following up with two of my coaching friends, I feel comfortable releasing the name. Take this for what it's worth. I can't say definitively that he will be visiting SU, he has a scholarship offer, or they are testing the water; but here is the info I have.

5'10 170lbs
4.59 40 yard dash
4.35 Shuttle
225 Bench Press
375 Squat

Ronnie was recently named the Broward County Defensive Player of the Year. Had 12 interceptions during his senior campaign. Also wants to major in communications.

Senior highlight film - http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1355434/highlights/180093375

JackB--thanks for posting / following up on this lead.

Hope it pans out, given the kid's offer list.

But most of all--appreciate the potential "scoop!"

Great info Jack. This class may not be loaded with "4 star" players, but all these guys are solid players and should establish a great foundation and 2-deep along with last year's class for the coming years. Now if we can start sprinkling in some 4 star instant impact players, we are talking about a top 25 team.

5'10 170lbs
4.59 40 yard dash
4.35 Shuttle
225 Bench Press
375 Squat

Sounds like he would be a great get.

This article compares him to SU CB Juwan Dowels.

Ahhhhhh, I love it! I just got a PM from a certain poster that not 6 hours after I posted this, my info was placed on a premium article by a certain writer on TOS...

And that's the way the cookie crumbles

Sounds like he would be a great get.

This article compares him to SU CB Juwan Dowels.

Anyone notice (in the article that Tomcat linked) that Huggins could potentially break the record held by Steve Nicklaus of Benjamin from 1978? Yup, that's Jacks son Steve. Jack is a big benefactor of the Benjamin School in ft pierce. I've talked to him twice after volleyball games that my daughter played against his granddaughter. Really nice guy and his wife is even nicer. The Benjamin School has the nicest set of playing fields I've ever seen at a high school or college. They are Disney quality. Many say Jack funds a lot of the school.

Florange44

Ahhhhhh, I love it! I just got a PM from a certain poster that not 6 hours after I posted this, my info was placed on a premium article by a certain writer on TOS...

And that's the way the cookie crumbles

6 hours behind?! They haven't been checking on this thread/site nearly as often as myself and quite a few other posters!

This guy Is yet another perfect example of why the star ratings can kiss my a$$. I can kind of get why guys from smaller/lessor known schools and areas can slip under the radar but this kid is an elite 8A Broward county player.

It has to be size (unless there is an academic problem not known about).

Everything I've heard was that he was going to make a decision on a school early in his senior season. The top three choices were Louisville, Texas, and Wisconsin. For some reason, he chose neither.

It has to be size (unless there is an academic problem not known about).

Everything I've heard was that he was going to make a decision on a school early in his senior season. The top three choices were Louisville, Texas, and Wisconsin. For some reason, he chose neither.

Perhaps he prefers wearing blue?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom