Prediction thread: Who is the next HC? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction thread: Who is the next HC?

I recall a lot of names thrown around after coach P. Greg Robinson was not one of them.

I recall a lot of names thrown around after Robinson. Marrone was not one of them.

I recall a lot of names thrown around after Dougie. Shafer was not one of them.

I'm hearing a lot of names thrown around...none of them are likely who we will get. Just basing this on history, and reality, not on what I would like. :(

Therefore my prediction is- Dave Warner.

I recall a lot of names thrown around after coach P. Greg Robinson was not one of them.

I recall a lot of names thrown around after Robinson. Marrone was not one of them.

I'm hearing a lot of names thrown around...none of them are likely who we will get. Just basing this on history, and reality, not on what I would like. :(

The key thing that connects those three previous hires is no longer here.

Coyle knows who he wants, and I firmly believe he'll get one of his top 2-3 choices. Personally, I think he's going to get his first choice.

Coyle knows who he wants, and I firmly believe he'll get one of his top 2-3 choices. Personally, I think he's going to get his first choice.
So do I.

You weren't talking to the right people then.

If Dave Warner is the coach, this program is doomed.

Not accurate. Marrone wasn't talked about at first because he wasn't on anyones radar since he was in the NFL. Once (I forget who) wrote an open letter to a major newspaper throwing his support behind Marrone as a viable candidate, he was talked about extensively on this board. After Marrone left, Shafer was absolutely discussed.

As Jekelish said though, new A.D., so wouldn't matter even if it was true.

You weren't talking to the right people then.

If Dave Warner is the coach, this program is doomed.

What's the deal with Warner?

Not accurate. Marrone wasn't talked about at first because he wasn't on anyones radar since he was in the NFL. Once (I forget who) wrote an open letter to a major newspaper throwing his support behind Marrone as a viable candidate, he was talked about extensively on this board. After Marrone left, Shafer was absolutely discussed.

The letter if I remember right was about Addazzio.

A couple of guys here (and no longer here) were in on Marrone early.

He was like the horse that came around the rail late, really late.

I was a Marrone proponent on here at the time Gerg was hired. Think I feel good about that but not sure.

image.jpeg

I didn't see a thread on this yet. Only a bunch of names being thrown around. Anyone want to make a prediction on who they think (and also who they want)?

A) Babers
B) Frost
C) Orgeron
D) Baldwin
E) Fleck
F) Sanford
G) Warner
H) None of the above

I'm going to go with Fleck. I'm not sure he is going to get considered but I think he would be my guy. I think Coyle will pick someone more experienced. What will be interesting is how many of the coaches of Coyle's list will actually say yes if asked.

(C) Crazy Eddie Orgeron

I guess I should point out that I wasnt on this board at the time. I was just listening to the dolts at the syracuse.com message board who wanted nothing less than Bill Cowher. The members here seem a little more well informed...and a lot less Rutgers trolls.

I guess I should point out that I wasnt on this board at the time. I was just listening to the dolts at the syracuse.com message board who wanted nothing less than Bill Cowher. The members here seem a little more well informed...and a lot less Rutgers trolls.
You have come out of the darkness that is syracuse.com and into the light.

What's funny is there is one guy that hits every mark, but too much pride and hurt feelings so enough of that.

I think it's Frost or Baldwin, and I'd be okay with either. If either could be paired with Ed O it would be a home run, would be the perfect ticket, and would help fill some of the weaknesses in experience in running a FBS program and recruiting at Syracuse.

In order of preference

1. Montgomery
2. Campbell
3. Frost

montgomery was my guy last summer.

id have no problem with him.

Reactions: 007
On names promoted to date I would go with Fleck and then Ruhle, possibly Sanford?
Feel that if this hire is not the right one then once again we have taken a huge step backwards. I liked Shafer but still feel if done right this had to be done. We need to hire a head coach with that experience already in hand, one that has some ties to the Northeast and can be creative offensively. Offense brings skill recruits and until that is in place defense can only take you so far in todays NCAA football world. The fact we let Shafer go early in this process HAS to be an advantage but only if we hire the right guy quickly. This will be imperative to saving this recruiting class and putting together a staff to ready for spring ball. Anything less than this and I'm afraid to say we will have wasted all the good that Shafer and his crew did accomplish. Their are pieces here that can move the program forward again but the wrong hire can decimate it.
In my dream world we take Fleck, young, motivational, offensive minded and has some northeast ties. Then he hires, YES, Scot Shafer as defensive coordinator. I know, I know but it is my dream.
That is all.

Jek, I read your Otto's Grove article. I love the scenario where Frost is HC and OC, thereby opening up the cash for Ed Orgeron as the DC/AHC/Recruiting kingpin. If Orgeron is open to it, do you think that is a scenario that we will pursue? Frost has to accept being the HC of course, that always helps.

Jek, I read your Otto's Grove article. I love the scenario where Frost is HC and OC, thereby opening up the cash for Ed Orgeron as the DC/AHC/Recruiting kingpin. If Orgeron is open to it, do you think that is a scenario that we will pursue? Frost has to accept being the HC of course, that always helps.
I think it's a little bit of a pipe dream to be honest, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I wouldn't bet on it, but I also wouldn't bet against it.

I absolutely would bet on Frost being the coach, though. I keep hearing strong indications that's going to happen.

I think it's a little bit of a pipe dream to be honest, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I wouldn't bet on it, but I also wouldn't bet against it.

I absolutely would bet on Frost being the coach, though. I keep hearing strong indications that's going to happen.

Cool. Good to hear about Frost, the more I have learned about him, the more I like him. Whether Ed is involved or not, I wonder if Frost will act as his own OC.

I was pretty positive there was one about Marrone as well. I had never really heard of him before and came away from the piece thinking he was the best possible guy. I couldn't find it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom