Prediction thread: Who is the next HC? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Prediction thread: Who is the next HC?

I was pretty positive there was one about Marrone as well. I had never really heard of him before and came away from the piece thinking he was the best possible guy. I couldn't find it though.

I remember Rich Cimini writing a very passionate article about Doug and how we should hire him because he is one of us. Cimini is an alum, and after I read the article I was all about Doug. So, maybe it's the one you are thinking of...

Hoping for Frost but my bet would be Sanford. Boise connection seems to be in.

I remember Rich Cimini writing a very passionate article about Doug and how we should hire him because he is one of us. Cimini is an alum, and after I read the article I was all about Doug. So, maybe it's the one you are thinking of...

Sounds like it. Thanks.

Hoping for Frost but my bet would be Sanford. Boise connection seems to be in.

He is really young and a very hot up and coming name. I have a feeling he will wait for a "bigger" gig, but you never know.

The last thing I want to see is a rookie HC doubling up as his own OC. Much prefer the way Marrone did it by grooming Hackett.

I think there are so many jobs that are going to be open that Bebe will get his own gig as HC. He will fit a lot of budgets and someone will probably take a chance on him.

The letter if I remember right was about Addazzio.

A couple of guys here (and no longer here) were in on Marrone early.

He was like the horse that came around the rail late, really late.

Yep

montgomery was my guy last summer.

id have no problem with him.

He was top of my list last time around.

Looks like he's not in the mix.

Big improvement across the board on offense, biggest improvement is in rushing. 29th in scoring vs 94th last year.

If they beat SMU 6 wins and bowl out of the gate vs 2 and 3 wins the two prior years.

Per The FootballScoop:

Jeff Tedford:
According to Ian Rapoport, search firms have contacted Jeff Tedford to gauge his interest in returning to the college ranks. Tedford is currently the head coach of the BC Lions of the Canadian League.

Makes me wonder if a search firm hired by SU has reached out to Coach Tedford. Talk about an air it out offense...I envision the recruiting pitch to Rex Culpepper going something like this: "How do you feel about becoming the next Aaron Rodgers?"

Per The FootballScoop:

Jeff Tedford:
According to Ian Rapoport, search firms have contacted Jeff Tedford to gauge his interest in returning to the college ranks. Tedford is currently the head coach of the BC Lions of the Canadian League.

Makes me wonder if a search firm hired by SU has reached out to Coach Tedford. Talk about an air it out offense...I envision the recruiting pitch to Rex Culpepper going something like this: "How do you feel about becoming the next Aaron Rodgers?"

I don't think we have hired a search firm.

He's an offense line coach. That hire is up to the HC and OC.

He and Mullen are the only two guys that meets the requirements across the board.

HC experience, recruiting ties in the area, knows the school, ability to coach up lesser players, offensive coach, highly productive system, beats better with less, great gameplanning, excellent in game adjustments, attention to detail, program building, close games/4th quarter management.

He and Mullen are the only two guys that meets the requirements across the board.

HC experience, recruiting ties in the area, knows the school, ability to coach up lesser players, offensive coach, highly productive system, beats better with less, great gameplanning, excellent in game adjustments, attention to detail, program building, close games/4th quarter management.
Whose requirements?

Per The FootballScoop:

Jeff Tedford:

His lack of academic success at Cal might be the red flag for him coming to Syracuse. This isn't the SEC...we care about academics.

Let's face it... Nobody knows who the next HC is gonna be. But when all is said and done, I think our AD hires somebody out of left field that no one saw coming... But all in a good way that pleases the majority on this board.

northacuse said:
Let's face it... Nobody knows who the next HC is gonna be. But when all is said and done, I think our AD hires somebody out of left field that no one saw coming... But all in a good way that pleases the majority on this board.

I don't know. I think we're moving quick on Frost.

Why is it always left field and never right field?

Because it's football, not baseball!:D And baseball been berry, berry good to me.
image.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom