Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

AJ was bumped back down to NR in the latest TOS rankings.

Yet, ESPN still has him at 4 stars. NR means that they haven't seen him play yet. So, did S.cout forget they watched his tape?

same with Skout

both Franklin and Howard dropped in position rankings as well

I think he's talking about Skout, because R.vals still has him at 3 stars.

same with Skout

both Franklin and Howard dropped in position rankings as well

Skout has by far the worst recruiting rankings system and analysis. Long was not evaluated at all by them an had a 3 star rating slapped on him based on nothing other than maybe his offer list. Honestly I'd rather see the NR next to him if it means they'll actually evaluate him before giving him a star rating.

Skout has the best article coverage though.

I personally think ESPN does the best with the analysis and rankings because they personally evaluate and do a writeup on every single recruit they rank, justifying their ranking.

Skout has by far the worst recruiting rankings system and analysis. Long was not evaluated at all by them an had a 3 star rating slapped on him based on nothing other than maybe his offer list. Honestly I'd rather see the NR next to him if it means they'll actually evaluate him before giving him a star rating.

Skout has the best article coverage though.

I personally think ESPN does the best with the analysis and rankings because they personally evaluate and do a writeup on every single recruit they rank, justifying their ranking.

they all have plus and minuses. the syracuse rivalz site is awful, and basically ignored, otherwise they would be my favorite. they tend to favor the Under Armour kids for obvious reasons, but other then that seem to do a good job. They tend to focus too much on the more highly rated kids though. Skout definitely has the best articles, but their rating system is awful. espn seems to be the most credible, but the draw back with that is it takes a long long time to get evaluations and grades on a lot of kids, which can be good and bad.

TOS means "the other site", it's not just one site. And I didn't know people looked at 247
247 is becoming the best site for me since they have that predictions thing and have a sidebar with highlights of a lot of prospects. Also, saying how interested the prospect is in the school and his whole offer timeline is another added bonus

TOS means "the other site", it's not just one site. And I didn't know people looked at 247

That's what I thought. in relation to Whitey's post, I took it that he was referring to Skout as TOS.

lol i'm an idiot. maybe that's why i thought it was, i've never looked there. you learn something new everyday

ESPN is by far the best. Rivals tends to go with teams whose fans of schools are customers and scout are a bunch of beer belly div 3 nobodys like a few years ago when a BC fan was in charge of the Northeast schools and pumped up every BC recruit. When they went elsewhere they lost a star.

I think he's talking about Skout, because R.vals still has him at 3 stars.
I could be wrong, but I'm reasonably sure that AJ has always been listed as NR on Skout.

I could be wrong, but I'm reasonably sure that AJ has always been listed as NR on Skout.

I think that you are right. If you go back to the beginning of the thread on 5/13 OttointheGrotto posted that Aj had no stars. Also I checked the commits when Zaire committed and AJ showed NR.

Hmmm... I thought he had been at 3, but who knows at this point and I guess who cares.

I think that you are right. If you go back to the beginning of the thread on 5/13 OttointheGrotto posted that Aj had no stars. Also I checked the commits when Zaire committed and AJ showed NR.

He was a 3 star for about 3 or 4 days last week/this week.

I'm a member there. There's a thread on the pay board there about him getting upgraded and another about why he's back to NR.

He was a 3 star for about 3 or 4 days last week/this week.

I'm a member there. There's a thread on the pay board there about him getting upgraded and another about why he's back to NR.

OK. So hint? Was it due to the Elite camp?

Wrong.

He did have three stars posted there. I looked just after Zaire gave his verbal and all three verbal's were shown as three stars.

There is a post over there on what happened to the stars, but I can not post the info here.