Class of 2014 - QB AJ Long | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB AJ Long

All I know is the kid threw for 37 td's and 1 int while rushing for just under 700 yards. i am happy he is committed to us.

OK. So hint? Was it due to the Elite camp?

There was about as much justification for him getting the 3 star rating as there was for it being taken away, i.e. none.

Regardless of the party line the admins there like to state regarding the recruiting rankings, there are a lot of arbitrary rankings that occur on that site that they can't explain. For instance, what did Zaire Franklin do to drop 10 spots in their LB rankings? He didn't do anything, there were probably recent offerees/commits to big boy schools that got bumped in the rankings based on who they committed to.

With the whole Zach Allen ranking last year we were repeatedly told that the Elite 11 had no bearing on skout's rankings, so I doubt his performance at a regional had anything to do with Long's 1 way or the other.

As far as Rvls and Skout are concerned, until SU becomes a destination school, we'll always be at a disadvantage in their ranking system because they allow "analysts" to slap star ratings on kids without proving a proper analysis occurred. At least at ESPN, right or wrong, the analyst doing the ranking provides written analysis justifying why they rated a recruit the way they did. There's nothing anyone can say to me that would prove that the other 2 sites require any analysis outside what schools offered as to how 2 and 3 star recruits are ranked, and that makes a big difference for a school like SU.

Teaser headline on the other site says “Orange hosts QB”

I assume this means he's visited or is visiting?

That QB is AJ Long out of Lebanon, Tennessee. Dual threat – 6’2 190

Offers:
Syracuse
Arizona
UCLA

Teaser also says Syracuse has offers out to 7 quarterbacks.
come along way , we r no longer recruiting vs hofstra

looks like there is no de-committing now

BOSMB_0CUAAvwbi.jpg

2 things.
1. Hopefully that doesn't stretch too much after 4 years of s&c programs.
2. If he makes it to the league, he becomes a walking billboard. Rep dat sheeeeet

I have to agree if he ends up getting the starting job and this guy has a Syracuse tattoo on his arm kid is die hard

2 things.
1. Hopefully that doesn't stretch too much after 4 years of s&c programs.
2. If he makes it to the league, he becomes a walking billboard. Rep dat sheeeeet
Eh... It'd look better with Otto in the corner

on his throwing arm...I hope all the defenders sees Syracuse everytime the ball is thrown down field for a score.

Nice

@CoachGMcDonald: # we know who is all in now! #tattedup #loveit #imnext

I'm next? Um... That's awesome. Can't imagine another school will be too excited to hire a HC with another schools name tatted on their arm