Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Steele‏@philsteele042 32m32 minutes ago
Here is my list of Top 100 freshmen QB & RB's that signed this year ranked in order with PS#'s. [URL='http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/FEB15/DBFeb26.html…[/QUOTE']http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/FEB15/DBFeb26.html…[/URL]

Definitely we have 4 HTs with Dungey and the three RBs listed. I'm not sure if Dungey is high enough to be listed as VHT. This class should look better than last year with Steele's Magazine.

the Steele article deserves it's own thread.

But Steele rates the following:

Dungey #60 QB

Strickland #76 RB
Tyrone Perkins #86 RB
Jordan Fredericks #130 RB

He also says each player is rated in the top 500 regardless of position. That's decent. Rvls doesn't go beyond a top 250 and all those players would be 4 stars or higher.

the Steele article deserves it's own thread.

But Steele rates the following:

Dungey #60 QB

Strickland #76 RB
Tyrone Perkins #86 RB
Jordan Fredericks #130 RB

He also says each player is rated in the top 500 regardless of position. That's decent. Rvls doesn't go beyond a top 250 and all those players would be 4 stars or higher.
Something doesn't add up with that. That's already half of his top 500, without WRs, TEs, OL and the entirety of the defensive prospects.

Something doesn't add up with that. That's already half of his top 500, without WRs, TEs, OL and the entirety of the defensive prospects.
He may rate his prospects largely on athleticism and potential. QB's and RB's are the best athletes on their high school teams. Many of these kids may end up playing different positions in college.

It's a ranking of the top 100 QB's and top 150 RB's, not the top N players at all positions.

It's a ranking of the top 100 QB's and top 150 RB's, not the top N players at all positions.
...Of course, but the preface of the rankings says that they'll all be in his top 500.

Recruited over? He's 3rd string, and a redshirt Freshman? He is behind Trevone Boynkin who finished 4th for the Heisman trophy, and a 5th year grad transfer from Texas A&M. Allen will get his chance eventually.

Still don't think he was recruited over after being moved to WR? Not picking a fight but it seems pretty apparent that the 2 kids recruited behind him were better, more highly rated prospects given the inside track to play behind Boykin and get the job one day.

"Boykin being out the last week of workouts provided more opportunities for redshirt freshmen quarterbacks Grayson Muehlstein and Foster Sawyer. Sophomore Zach Allen, the only quarterback other than Boykin to throw a pass last season, has worked out as a receiver this spring."

JHarris44 said:
Still don't think he was recruited over after being moved to WR? Not picking a fight but it seems pretty apparent that the 2 kids recruited behind him were better, more highly rated prospects given the inside track to play behind Boykin and get the job one day. "Boykin being out the last week of workouts provided more opportunities for redshirt freshmen quarterbacks Grayson Muehlstein and Foster Sawyer. Sophomore Zach Allen, the only quarterback other than Boykin to throw a pass last season, has worked out as a receiver this spring."[/QUOTE
You have a great memory. I don't even remember what I post 20 mins ago let alone months ago.

Anyways I am wrong, you are right. Satisfied? I dot even recall why we were discussing the matter.

I only remembered this because at the time I couldn't believe that the thought would be categorically dismissed so quickly when I gave valid, supporting arguments. The reason we were discussing it, if memory serves, was the constant theme of the highly ranked recruit choosing a bigger and "better" program vs a Syracuse where odds are greater they'd get on the field sooner. I think i made some remark, being that this is the Dungey thread, about how I bet Zach Allen now wishes he was at Syracuse with a legit chance to start at QB this season or next rather than being recruited over at TCU.

Am i satisfied? Not until the Orange become the football program I know it's capable of.

When Zach was still committed to Syracuse I knew my family in Texas were going to game where he was playing. Later I asked them what they thought of him as a QB and the response was not extremely positive more... of a meh. I thought at the time maybe they were being biased as their HS team is one of the powerhouses in the state. I guess not.

I've been thinking that we really could have something special in Eric Dungey, but as tends to happen with recruiting, we've all pretty quickly moved on to see what's coming next: http://.com/are-syracuse-football-fans-overlooking-eric-dungey/

I've been thinking that we really could have something special in Eric Dungey, but as tends to happen with recruiting, we've all pretty quickly moved on to see what's coming next: http://.com/are-syracuse-football-fans-overlooking-eric-dungey/
I've been looking forward to seeing what he can do at the 'cuse. Looked around for this senior highlight tape a few weeks ago, wasn't posted on Hudl. Thanks for Posting, hope Eric is a good one for us. Good Article, you guys are really stepping it up.

What doesn't he do well?

This kid was a really nice find by the staff, definitely has P5 starting potential down the road. Always nice seeing CG Dungey as well. :) :)

So, this kid is extremely smart. He's ridiculously ripped. He's a D1 scholarship quarterback. He's a star high school basketball player. He's a champion track and field athlete.

I'm telling you guys, if he wasn't coming to play for SU I think I'd hate him out of sheer envy.

jekelish said:
So, this kid is extremely smart. He's ridiculously ripped. He's a D1 scholarship quarterback. He's a star high school basketball player. He's a champion track and field athlete. I'm telling you guys, if he wasn't coming to play for SU I think I'd hate him out of sheer envy.

I wonder why there isn't more excitement about this kid. Maybe because he plays so far away - people assume if he was good he be at a Pac12 school?! I don't know. But I'm amped we got him and can't wait to hear reports from camp...

I am cautiously optimistic - one thing I will say about his highlight reel in Jekelish's article - it is one of the most obvious examples I have ever seen of having the footage sped up. This is quite common but for some reason it really jumps out at me in that video.

I am cautiously optimistic - one thing I will say about his highlight reel in Jekelish's article - it is one of the most obvious examples I have ever seen of having the footage sped up. This is quite common but for some reason it really jumps out at me in that video.
I honestly never even noticed that, but now that you mention it I just went back and looked and watched the OTHER players, and the people on the sidelines, and it does become pretty apparent.

Isn't it all relative? All the players are sped up - he's still outrunning them? Maybe it was to get more clips in?

Status
Not open for further replies.