Class of 2021 - QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 QB Riley Leonard (AL) Portal from Duke

Congrats to the young man.

0FC5FFAD-B00E-4E64-A642-01C94DBD5957.gif

Shoot. This sucks. I liked his skillset. I'm sure we can find another highly qualified recruit but it always stings initially.

How about as a group we be a little less negative regarding comments on the next QB recruit's thread. Not saying it caused him to go elsewhere but if the family happens to stumble upon this thread it surely can't help with all the negativity in this thread. Save all the negative comments for another thread like "the latest all encompossing recruiting thread."

Duke already had a QB recruit. Well at least we tied with Nebraska and Vandy.

Obviously sucks we didn’t get him. Also sucks we are losing our top QB targets the past few years. I just try to keep in mind that Eric Dungey was pretty much a PLAN Z for our staff and he turned out pretty well LOL.

It's not him in particular. It's the lack of good options at this point in the process. It seems like we hone in on one guy at a time.
I am optimistic we'll be able to land a good transfer next year as Tommy enters his Senior year, as there'll be a bunch of highly recruited guys losing QB competitions. We'll take their sloppy seconds.
That's honestly what I'm counting on more than anything else.

I'm disappointed. Kid looked like Dungey 2.0. Given where he committed, he goes from being a recruiting target, to just a target.

Another QB will be offered. It's not like they aren't following other kids.

Right, but outside Dorian, is there any others that they have offered?

Fix the OL and you'll get your targets to seriously consider SU.
We didn't have major complaints about the OL prior to this year and have missed on probably top 5 targets each of the last 3 years. Did manage to flip Amie at the buzzer from Houston after they lost their OC but that's about the only win on plans A, B, C or D since TD.

Duke already had a QB recruit. Well at least we tied with Nebraska and Vandy.
I"m betting Duke's other QB recruit (Who is listed as an athlete at the numbers site) eventually gets moved to another position like WR. He is extremely elusive with great scrambling ability but his passing skills look limited.

We didn't have major complaints about the OL prior to this year and have missed on probably top 5 targets each of the last 3 years. Did manage to flip Amie at the buzzer from Houston after they lost their OC but that's about the only win on plans A, B, C or D since TD.
Congrats to Riley. (Token reference to meet keeping on topic requirements ;) ). Our Oline in regards to QB protection has been horrific for the last 4 years. Last year was when it received national attention for that status for most sacks at one point. Hopefully year 3 with the oline coach, player growth and experience will finally result in better oline performance. Congrats to Riley...good job...moving on again.

I have to think, in terms of QB recruiting, our 10 win season was negated pretty quickly by Tommy not being able to do a 3 step drop without a defender in his face for at least two-thirds of the year.

Cant blame any kid for going to another P5 from my perspective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom