Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

Jonathan Hilliman is committing on Thursday at 430P EST. let's see if he picks RU as expected, and if so, does Ish pick Cuse or does he keep waiting?

Does anyone else feel dirty if we get Rutgers sloppy seconds?

As we say in the South...
"Not just no, but Hell no."
Besides I look at it as their loss is our gain.

I feel dirty rooting for Rutgers to get a great prospect like Hilliman. If they do, Ish better come here or I will have to shower 5 times a day for the next 10 years

well would you rather have Witter or not? I'll take him.

Witter will be another in a long line of great backs at Syracuse. Hilliman will be another in a long line of busts at buttgers.

well would you rather have Witter or not? I'll take him.

Witter will be another in a long line of great backs at Syracuse. Hilliman will be another in a long line of busts at buttgers.
idk. I'm not feeling it as much as I was a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking the next in a long line of great backs at Syracuse might be someone who is already on the roster but hasn't played yet.

I don't want Hillsman to attend Rutgers, f-that. You guys are nuts

Do you want Witter to attend Rutgers? Hilliman isn't coming to SU no matter what and apparently Witter isn't coming here if Hilliman goes somewhere other than RU. Pick your poison.

Do you want Witter to attend Rutgers? Hilliman isn't coming to SU no matter what and apparently Witter isn't coming here if Hilliman goes somewhere other than RU. Pick your poison.
This is a staff of strong recruiters. If a kid is wishy-washy about coming here with these guys trying to persuade him, I'd prefer to get someone else who really wants to be at SU.

Honestly if it wasn't RU that was involved in this I don't think most of you would care. There are other kids on this board that are hemming and hawing between Cuse and some other program or have had their offer pulled from their school of first choice and are now considering SU and I don't see you posting about not wanting them. Stop ragging on the kid just because y'all have a case of RUOCD. Besides you will learn to love to hate State ;).

Honestly if it wasn't RU that was involved in this I don't think most of you would care. There are other kids on this board that are hemming and hawing between Cuse and some other program or have had their offer pulled from their school of first choice and are now considering SU and I don't see you posting about not wanting them. Stop ragging on the kid just because y'all have a case of RUOCD. Besides you will learn to love to hate State ;).

That would be correct. And if water wasn't wet it would be useless for taking showers.

I'd rather take RU's sloppy seconds than to have guys decommit from SU and sign with Rutgers.

Yeah I don't care if we're a kid's second choice so long as we end up with the best possible team we can put on the field. A lot of guys passed over by someone they really wanted end up being super motivated to prove their 1st choice made a mistake passing them up for someone else anyway.

idk. I'm not feeling it as much as I was a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking the next in a long line of great backs at Syracuse might be someone who is already on the roster but hasn't played yet.
The next great SU back is Jerome. The world is in for a painful awakening this fall.

I agree that people should relax if we're someone's #2 school. How many people on here went to their first choice of college, or job for that matter. What matters is where you end up and how you do there.

I agree that people should relax if we're someone's #2 school. How many people on here went to their first choice of college, or job for that matter. What matters is where you end up and how you do there.

Thank you. If Laray Smith hadn't decommited last year, you think anyone would be complaining about having him and his Olympic speed? Oregon was his ultimate dream school. They didn't offer, so he was going to "settle" for Cuse. Big deal. If Buttgers gets Hilliman, pulls Ish's offer and we then get Ish, I will be happy as all hell.

Thank you. If Laray Smith hadn't decommited last year, you think anyone would be complaining about having him and his Olympic speed? Oregon was his ultimate dream school. They didn't offer, so he was going to "settle" for Cuse. Big deal. If Buttgers gets Hilliman, pulls Ish's offer and we then get Ish, I will be happy as all hell.
Not for nothing but Oregon >>>>>>Rutgers. Other than that I would have gladly accepted CS as his second choice over Oregon. Unfortunately we ended up being third (or so) choice behind Indiana.

it's the school. i wouldn't care if it was any other school in the country. just something about being 2nd choice to that one, not to mention the way it went down. either way if he ends up here and has a good career i'm sure me or anyways will care in 4 years

Not for nothing but Oregon >>>>>>Rutgers. Other than that I would have gladly accepted CS as his second choice over Oregon. Unfortunately we ended up being third (or so) choice behind Indiana.

New Mexico State >>>>>>>>Rutgers! I certainly was not comparing Buttgers to Oregon that would be laughable. Nor the fact that Smith chose Indiana and we were third. My point was that if a kid doesn't have SU as his first choice but ends up here, if he can play and he isn't Lawrence Phillips Jr then I want him. Laray would have come here if FHCDM hadn't left and we would have been his second favorite school. Fine with me

I
it's the school. i wouldn't care if it was any other school in the country. just something about being 2nd choice to that one, not to mention the way it went down. either way if he ends up here and has a good career i'm sure me or anyways will care in 4 years

I get it believe me. Buttgers makes us all want to wretch, the fact that so many high profile kids are going there is mind boggling. And yeah, the way this Ish thing is going down is grating to say the least

1. Cortavious Givens@CGivensTimez7
    1h
    @rashaanish21 I told coach Perles we coming to the cuse together bro
    Expand
  2. 9451642d840ba11af9c71b4c96ca4a55_normal.jpeg
    ish witter@rashaanish21
    43m
    @CGivensTimez7 you taking a official up there?

Hide conversation
    Looks like these two might visit together.

8:51 PM - 14 Aug 13 · Details

1. Cortavious Givens@CGivensTimez7
    1h
    @rashaanish21 I told coach Perles we coming to the cuse together bro
    Expand
  2. 9451642d840ba11af9c71b4c96ca4a55_normal.jpeg
    ish witter@rashaanish21
    43m
    @CGivensTimez7 you taking a official up there?

Hide conversation
    Looks like these two might visit together.

8:51 PM - 14 Aug 13 · Details
I kind of read that as Givens trying to sell ish on cuse. Ish answers by asking if givens is going up there meaning they had no plans together. But it could mean givens is all but sold and wants his buddy to come too.