Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

We're getting there for sure. But objectively... would you look at ANY other game between a top ten team and a team picked pre-season to finish 2nd last in its division and say its not POSSIBLE it could go poorly for the unranked team? Again... not saying it WILL... I'm saying it could.

no i don't see it like that at all. that 2nd to last predicted finish doesn't mean a thing. it was done by a bunch of journalists like Michael Cohen. He barely knows enough about our program, and I am sure it's a lot of the same elsewhere. These guys who were doing the ranking have absolutely no knowledge of Syracuse. What I do put stock in is Vegas having us finishing 3rd in the division. Does that change your thought at all? I'd listen to them before any half rate journalists.
I just think we are well past the point of taking the field with the game already decided. At very worst I expect us to be competitive, and I have to believe the staff feels the same way.

We're getting there for sure. But objectively... would you look at ANY other game between a top ten team and a team picked pre-season to finish 2nd last in its division and say its not POSSIBLE it could go poorly for the unranked team? Again... not saying it WILL... I'm saying it could.

I know this Shafer is not going to keep a high profile recruit from a game because we may lose or have low odds of winning. He's made it very clear that this teams identity is just that - scrap, fight, forget the odds -and see what happens.

If Clemson comes in here undefeated, the first ACC game for us ever, the dome will be at it's best. If we play the kind of ball we played against WVU and Ville and still lose - I'd bet it would still reflect well on the program.

In short, balls. You have them or you don't.

no i don't see it like that at all. that 2nd to last predicted finish doesn't mean a thing. it was done by a bunch of journalists like Michael Cohen. He barely knows enough about our program, and I am sure it's a lot of the same elsewhere. These guys who were doing the ranking have absolutely no knowledge of Syracuse. What I do put stock in is Vegas having us finishing 3rd in the division. Does that change your thought at all? I'd listen to them before any half rate journalists.
I just think we are well past the point of taking the field with the game already decided. At very worst I expect us to be competitive, and I have to believe the staff feels the same way.

Um, I think you mean "journos". Sheesh, come on man!

Rutgers is a school that develops sound HS RB's into mashed potatoes.

Hilliman is the next member of that prestigious fraternity.

But but but ... Jamison was selected in the 7th round LOL

No surprise on Hillman to RU, OSU backed off but thats still a good pickup. Gotta give them some credit, they have ratched up there recruiting the last month, even though I doubt that WR they got last week actually stays committed.

Hillmans commit does two things, one it takes Rutgers out of the fold completely for Witter, second it gives our staff the opportunity to go out now and get Witter period, no excuses. Failure to get Witter now would be a disaster.

As hard as it is to say and admit, Rutgirls is having an unbelievable class. I hope SU can pull of a decent amount of 4 star recruits to come up with a respectable class. Having said that, this is all on paper and the results happen on the field. I'll take the paper recruiting loss and hope for good game results.

It also takes them completely out of the Ollison sweepstakes. Now I know you think we're completely out of it but I've heard that recruitment is still in full swing.

I wouldn't say disaster just yet. Syracuse is also involved with that running back out of St Petersburg and has offers out to a bunch of uncommitted running backs. We just don't know what the 'board' looks like and whats really going on behind the scenes.

It also takes them completely out of the Ollison sweepstakes. Now I know you think we're completely out of it but I've heard that recruitment is still in full swing.

I wouldn't say disaster just yet. Syracuse is also involved with that running back out of St Petersburg and has offers out to a bunch of uncommitted running backs. We just don't know what the 'board' looks like and whats really going on behind the scenes.

Syracuse is out of it for Ollison from what I have heard, he appears to be a Wisky lean at this point. My comment about it being a disaster is strictly about Witters recruitment not the RB position as a whole. If we cant seal the deal with Ish after our top competition is out of room and all signs pointed to us being the top 2 by a long shot, the we have some serious issues.

Of Witter, Hilliman, and Ollison, I liked Ollison's film the best but I don't get paid to do this stuff.

As hard as it is to say and admit, Rutgirls is having an unbelievable class. I hope SU can pull of a decent amount of 4 star recruits to come up with a respectable class. Having said that, this is all on paper and the results happen on the field. I'll take the paper recruiting loss and hope for good game results.

well we don't play rutgers anymore so it doesn't really bother me.

Of Witter, Hilliman, and Ollison, I liked Ollison's film the best but I don't get paid to do this stuff.

I agree with you, Ollison looks like a great prospect, was really hoping we could land him.

Hmmm... we may not want them to go to that one lol
I am picking it right now, SU in a thriller, that will top Manilla. The Dome will rock like the glory days of "The Mac Era" and we win the game on the last play of the game! Ebennezer is caught on tape with a look on his face, "What have I done?" as swarms of students rush the field in bedlam. Coach Beamer knows what can happen here, time to do it to the Pride of the ACC Fleet on National TV! 50K and earplugs are a must for this one.

he appears to be a Wisky lean at this point.

Agreed, however, Wisky is in the top 5 for some other serious backs to. I've been hoping at least one (or some) of them pull the trigger for the Badgers.

well we don't play rutgers anymore so it doesn't really bother me.
Agreed. Chances of us ever scheduling them, Natta to None. Chance of seeing this bottom feeder of the B1G in a bowl game, slim to none. Watching them sink into the Hoosier Quagmire of below mediocrity of the Big Ten, Priceless!!!!!

I really hope the recruitment is still in full swing. It better be. But still, even with a full court press, he seems to be focusing on the 2 schools he has scheduled official visits too. He is even considering declaring on Sept 8th which just happens to coincide with the end of his Wisconsin visit. Could it be foreshadowing, or a coincidence? Either way we can't give up on these kids until they either tell us to stop calling, or they sign on the dotted line come NSD.

I really hope the recruitment is still in full swing. It better be. But still, even with a full court press, he seems to be focusing on the 2 schools he has scheduled official visits too. He is even considering declaring on Sept 8th which just happens to coincide with the end of his Wisconsin visit. Could it be foreshadowing, or a coincidence? Either way we can't give up on these kids until they either tell us to stop calling, or they sign on the dotted line come NSD.

Hey.. in sales you never stop calling.;)

What reporter would tell a recruit that the school wants both on a visit together? Is he confused about the conversation that he had? Or are our reporters actively recruiting?

that was what the oh boy is for. so many questions can arise from just 1 tweet. one thing i know for certain is the last thing i wanted to see was 1 of the 3 stooges contacting one of our recruits...and yes I know that is basically their job

I think that the offer to Givens is a pretty good indicator of where the staff felt it stood with Ollison. Givens is the back-up plan.

Has Rutgers put any Rb's in the league besides Rice?
Brian Leonard and Joe Martinek, although he is not on an active roster right now...

Rice is a very decent rep for RU as a running back...RU can always use him as a prime example on how you can make the pros...RU landed the number one fullback in the country ( Kraut), possibly using brian leonard as an example ...

I don't think RU would take Ish , even if he wanted to verbal today....we only have a few spots left and are looking at different positions to be filled