Class of 2014 - RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 RB Ish Witter (FL) Offered

I kind of read that as Givens trying to sell ish on cuse. Ish answers by asking if givens is going up there meaning they had no plans together. But it could mean givens is all but sold and wants his buddy to come too.
I don't know what it means, but Givens has us at top according to his twitter now.

I don't know what it means, but Givens has us at top according to his twitter now.

Here is the rest of that twitter conversation..

ish witter@rashaanish21 18m
@CGivensTimez7 in trying to go to a game

Cortavious Givens@CGivensTimez7 3m
@rashaanish21 me too bro that would be nice

So I think it does mean Ish is trying to set up an official for a home game.

Hmmm... we may not want them to go to that one lol

yeah - sucks when recruits are at games with a packed dome and loud crowd - hope there were no recruits at the game with the undefeated Louisville Cardinals last year or the top 15 WVU team the year before :crazy:

yeah - sucks when recruits are at games with a packed dome and loud crowd - hope there were no recruits at the game with the undefeated Louisville Cardinals last year or the top 15 WVU team the year before :crazy:
Oh lighten up Francis. Its a risk/reward scenero on a game we'll be substantial underdogs in. If we win, obviously its a fantastic time to sell recruits. If we lose by 3 touchdowns and the dome is empty by the 4th quarter not so much.

Oh lighten up Francis. Its a risk/reward scenero on a game we'll be substantial underdogs in. If we win, obviously its a fantastic time to sell recruits. If we lose by 3 touchdowns and the dome is empty by the 4th quarter not so much.
Better than Wagner when the Dome is half full for the 1st quarter

Better than Wagner when the Dome is half full for the 1st quarter
True... although im really hoping we win against ped st and NW and combined with ACC excitment we could have a better atmosphere.

ish witter@rashaanish21 1h
@CGivensTimez7 alright. I'm going to tell coach and see what's up

Looks like he is going to plan that official for the Clemson game.
Funny that he is thinking about planning an official if he thinks he might commit to RU.

Friggin' Buttgers just got Johnathan Hilliman's verbal.

Their class is depressing the crap out of me.

Friggin' Buttgers just got Johnathan Hilliman's verbal.

Their class is depressing the crap out of me.

if this leads to Witter coming to SU, then I am fine with it. Rutgers has had a ton of busts on the offensive side of the ball in particular. Our class will be ranked lower than theirs, but I bet we end up with better players at the end of the day. And if we get Ish, Hallmon, Custis, Roberts etc. to go with what we have now, I like it a lot, no matter what the services will say.

This is good for us, though, in terms of Witter, right?

yep. Doesn't wrap the kid up, but it effectively eliminates what appeared to be his first choice, SU being second. I have said it before, people are flipping out about our class not having a ton of commits compared to others, but we still have a bunch of guys on the board who we really want. Those guys don't have as many options, like in Ish's case. The glass half full way to look at the small class for us so far.

why not? last 2 ranked teams we were under dogs too at home we took to the woodshed. i don't get this ?
You don't need to "get this" . Just consider the ignorance and wait for the game.I like our chances in this one. As always you will be able to see the winner by the time half time is signaled. If the team comes out hungry and eager we will be OK in this game I think the new staff does their job better in this respect than Dougie and his wonderlings he can't live without in Buffalo.

why not? last 2 ranked teams we were under dogs too at home we took to the woodshed. i don't get this ?
Again, it could be a great thing, it could be a bad thing. No way to know ahead of time. But people just claiming its a cakewalk of some sort because we beat WVU two years ago aren't being objective.

Again, it could be a great thing, it could be a bad thing. No way to know ahead of time. But people just claiming its a cakewalk of some sort because we beat WVU two years ago aren't being objective.

I don't think anybody is claiming it's going to be a cake walk, but I do think it's quite obvious that if you want to show off the environment they could have a chance to play in front of that would be the game. Would you rather have them at the Tulane game with a half asleep, half filled Dome?

And pointing out L'ville and WVU just shows that we can, and most likely will be competitive. Nobody gave us a chance in those games.

I don't think anybody is claiming it's going to be a cake walk, but I do think it's quite obvious that if you want to show off the environment they could have a chance to play in front of that would be the game. Would you rather have them at the Tulane game with a half asleep, half filled Dome?
I'd rather we start the year well and have the community excited about wins over Ped St and NW and about entrance into the ACC and to actually have a decent atmosphere for all the games this year. I'm not saying ban recruits from that game, but setting aside my orange glasses a moment theres also a chance we lose that one by multiple touchdowns. In which case yes I'd rather them see a decent atmosphere and a game we look good.

I'd rather we start the year well and have the community excited about wins over Ped St and NW and about entrance into the ACC and to actually have a decent atmosphere for all the games this year. I'm not saying ban recruits from that game, but setting aside my orange glasses a moment theres also a chance we lose that one by multiple touchdowns. In which case yes I'd rather them see a decent atmosphere and a game we look good.

I really don't see how you can say with confidence that we could lose by multiple touchdowns. This isn't like the end of the Coach P era when we were going up against Miami at home and knowing we were going to get steam rolled. I know I am looking at it as a home game that we have a chance to win. I would be extremely disappointed if we weren't at least competitive. We were competitive in every game last season. The dark days are behind us, let's come out from hiding.

I really don't see how you can say with confidence that we could lose by multiple touchdowns. This isn't like the end of the Coach P era when we were going up against Miami at home and knowing we were going to get steam rolled. I know I am looking at it as a home game that we have a chance to win. I would be extremely disappointed if we weren't at least competitive. We were competitive in every game last season. The dark days are behind us, let's come out from hiding.
We're getting there for sure. But objectively... would you look at ANY other game between a top ten team and a team picked pre-season to finish 2nd last in its division and say its not POSSIBLE it could go poorly for the unranked team? Again... not saying it WILL... I'm saying it could.