RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

Im disappointed he is leaving the program. SU stuck with him while he was working on his academics.
Its a shame the kid didnt have an opportunity to run behind a good OLine and Play with a solid QB.
I fully expect him to do well at Ville. Its a good spot for him.

Posts about skill set , and that he thought he should be doing "xyz" and that he is wrong and was unhappy in that he thought he was better than he was, yadda, yadda, yadda.. Are you all experts on this? And yes players play for a lot of money. I went to multiple US Open matches including sitting center court 10th row for finals, semi finals and first round matches. I did this for 30 years. What I paid to see was great and exciting matches and points. Not once would I have cared if a player did not want to give an interview after a match because they were uncomfortable doing that or an introvert or just upset at the moment. She gave the on court interview, and was fine with that. The assumption that any player "owes" anyone time when they are finished with their play is something that needs to be changed. There is plenty of entertainment in the sport alone. I say this also having one very good friend who played on the pro tennis circuit and is also currently extremely active in the tennis and sports announcing world. I think he would agree with me on this.
We’re fans without the full story so we use conjecture. That’s why this place exists.
and re: Osaka, interviews are one avenue to draw fans and sponsors and interest and ratings. It’s part of the contract that defines how they’ll be paid. It’s not an unreasonable ask for professionals and it’s a part of the business. She can choose to start her own tour with no interviews, I guess.

Not sure if anyone watches Speak for yourself on Fs1 but they had a really good discussion on this (both guys played in the NFL). Professional athletes like she is has to deal with the media. It’s part of every major sport player contract because the media is the direct line from teams/players to fans and actually generates the money (tv contracts). When folks lose the superbowl or the nba finals, you think they want to go up there and do post game interviews? Hell no. It’s the LAST thing they want to do but it’s part of the JOB. Now, I’m not gonna comment on someone’s mental health because it’s different for each person and she is young, maybe she is still learning to navigate it. Unfortunately, the media part of the job isnt going anywhere, the French open isnt going away and I hope she can figure out a way to navigate it so it works. It’s a 10 minute interview and would suggest to her to do the westbrook/KD approach with simple yes/no answers if need be.

My only issue is with JJ going to a division rival. I’m guessing he thinks it’s a good fit and needs to look ahead but it’s probably not great that Louisville will get inside knowledge of our offense. But I guess does that even matter at this point?

It’s interesting that people are so cavalier about him leaving or saying that he’ll never start here. He was our starting RB and kick returner last year.

Tucker looked like the real deal last year and will probably be very hard to unseat. Was JJ the program savior? No probably not but would still be nice to have him.

Good luck to him. If he goes to Louisville we still need to crush them

Actually professional athletes like Osaka play their sport for a lot of money precisely to entertain people. That’s how they get paid. Great to have an amazing skill but if people don’t place a dollar value on that...

As far as this kid goes people are musing, honestly doesn’t seem so bad.

I think she did make $40 mil last year so there is that. I would just pay the fines if I were her, So at worst she make 39.5 mil

I have no idea “why” he left. I’m just not too upset about it. We have two powerful natural backs in Tucker and Howard, and two guys with big play speed and hands in Adams and Lutz. We’re set at the RB position. Not to mention who knows how Pena may be used aside from the slot.

UL, like WVU, has done well with speedy quick twitch guys like Jordan. I think he may have found what would look like a better opportunity for him in that? I wish him well except against us.

This is pretty over the top. However, I agree that we shouldn't assume the situation and talk like it is fact.

I admit I have not looked closely into the Osaka situation.. I heard she just didn't want to speak to media and was fined accordingly.

Osaka has absolutely no excuse to not speak to media. She makes millions of dollars, is a professional athlete, and as a human being has the capability and wherewithal to answer questions ...and absolutely should. If she can't stand in front of media because of "mental health issues" then she can't expect that her mental state will allow her to win a match either
that. is an erroneous assumption. the two skills are totally unrelated.

The news of where he is going may be premature as it has not been officially and publicly announced. But trust me that he will be someplace where he will be showcasing his skills and will get a great education (for those of you who worried about that). When all is public, I may comment more, but seriously, you don't own any of the players and you have no say in what they chose to do with their lives, and the same with the coaching staff.
Actually I probably will not post any more on this subject. I am pretty disgusted at this point.

So...he's not going to Louisville?

All I will say is that 99% of the above comments are wrong. You are making assumptions about both the player and the coaching staff and their plans and not one of these assumptions is correct. Not only are they wrong, but if you took the time to read your posts from the standpoint of the players reading your posts or their families reading them, it is surprising that we don't loose a lot of other players. Yes, players should not read these type of posts, but they do, and you all need to be more sensitive to their feelings and mental health.
Think Naomi Osaka. Players play their sport because they have a tremendous skill set, not just to entertain you or to make you happy off of the field of play. Hopefully if left to their natural abilities they will make you happy by that alone.
The news of where he is going may be premature as it has not been officially and publicly announced. But trust me that he will be someplace where he will be showcasing his skills and will get a great education (for those of you who worried about that). When all is public, I may comment more, but seriously, you don't own any of the players and you have no say in what they chose to do with their lives, and the same with the coaching staff.
Actually I probably will not post any more on this subject. I am pretty disgusted at this point.
Well, you are on a fan page after all...what do you really expect?

It was never about what he has done. Its what he could potentially provide us. Most Acc teams we compete against are faster and athletic than us. We need speed on this team. He hasnt been in a functional offense that allows him to utilize it. You are using 9 quarters of football as a prediction of what he is going to do as a 23 year old. I dont really understand that. Every year there's players on each team that make strides. Why can't he?
I said that he *could* be a playmaker. That's the very definition of allowing for potential development.
I also said that I'd much rather have him than lose him. Just that I don't think losing him is going to tank the season.

I think she did make $40 mil last year so there is that. I would just pay the fines if I were her, So at worst she make 39.5 mil
And this is perfectly fine, too. If she doesn't want to do it, don't do it. But be prepared for penalties if you don't.

There's a lot of things in life that we have to do that we don't like to do. I can name you 10 that I do on any given day. Osaka can answer a few soft ball questions.

If it truly is a mental health issue, why MAKE someone do something that isn’t healthy for them?
There's a lot to this discussion and we can go further and further, but then the thread becomes about Osaka and mental health.

Mental health is a real issue. But suffice it to say, staying "safe" from triggers of anxiety never ultimately helps. But I am not even sure Osaka refused a media session for mental health reasons. And I know she bowed out of the tournament altogether ...and this is after she was fined for not doing media ...so many people, including tournament committee (or whoever makes those decisions), feel she should have done it

I've already responded too much to this and it has hijacked the thread. Really don't want to say anymore

There's a lot of things in life that we have to do that we don't like to do. I can name you 10 that I do on any given day. Osaka can answer a few soft ball questions.
To be fair, there is an element of choice in everything we do outside of physical/natural laws. It doesn't seem like there is much choice at times, but there is. It is the consequences which typically drive our decisions, often without so much as a microsecond of hesitation. But, if you TRULY didn't have to do the ten things you mentioned, and there was no consequence, I suspect you wouldn't do them. (Ahh, if only life were that easy, right?).
I'm not saying this to argue with you as much as to play Devil's advocate. Maybe it's because of personal mental health concerns. Truly, if I was famous for some positive reason (e.g., a sport/skill), I don't think I could handle all that comes with it. So, why should I be denied the enjoyment it brings me, or why should others be deprived the pleasure of watching--or whatever?
Sorry, I didn't mean for this to become a philosophical exercise...it is an interesting discussion and thought exercise.
Have a great evening!

(Sorry again, I just saw your last comment on the post before mine. I don't mean to drag this out. And sincerely, please don't feel you need to reply.)

Here fears are real to her and until she gets professional help she shouldn't be put in a position that hurts her let alone ridiculed.
Anxiety is real and its debilitating.
I have a family member who is musically gifted but refused to perform publicly because of severe anxiety. So severe that she would get physically sick.
Long story short she got help and today is able to perform publicly and she truly enjoys it.
Any fear, be it heights, claustrophobia or public speaking may seem trivial to others but to the the person who suffers from them they are truly a nightmare.
Hopefully she gets the help she needs and is able to beat this and move forward. She needs support not criticism.

Whatever. He didn’t want to be here and topped that off by transferring to a division rival. Later. Better things and people to spend my time on.

Whatever. He didn’t want to be here and topped that off by transferring to a division rival. Later. Better things and people to spend my time on.
He didn’t want to be here? The dude committed in high school then went to Jr college and still ended up coming here after others came in hot for him.

It just didn’t work out. Now let’s crush Louisville and every other team on our schedule this year

If it truly is a mental health issue, why MAKE someone do something that isn’t healthy for them?
Going to after action reviews and lessons learned meetings after my team drops the ball isn’t healthy for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom