Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 22's have obviously had more recent success but it still helps get top recruits. If the 44 can do that, it's definitely worth taking out of retirement. Recruiting for SU football and lacrosse are a little different but football needs to utilize any advantage it has to bring in big time recruits.
And if it is to be taken advantage of, the time is now. Kids are obviously aware of the number because of "The Express". There won't be another '44' oriented movie anytime soon, so if we don't get a legitimate player to carry on the tradition relatively soon it will just fade into history.

The kid says he's interested. By all accounts he's exactly the type of kid we want wearing it. I say tell him it's his if he wants to wear Orange (or blue, or gray).

Unless you personally know Robert Washington and are privy to his thinking, this entire post is conjecture and wish casting.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to any of CaliLuv808 posts. Robert and Aapari are the only two kids he posts about... and let me assure you he knows them.

And I just took you off of ignore this morning.Oh Lord

This is my email to Dr. Gross - I also CC'd Kim O'Conner and Floyd Little.

Hello Dr. Gross -

I would like to start by saying I am extremely humbled to be emailing you and would like to say that as a lifelong Syracuse sports fan, I do like everything you have done for the University. I think it is amazing how we are now in high standing in the Capital One Cup and all of our sports across the board are doing great. We are now in the ACC which is the perfect conference affiliation for a school like Syracuse.

I do think there is one mistake you made though, and that is retiring what is arguably our most storied history and tradition. I think the number should be treated like basketball and the number should 100% be in the rafters or there should be an area where the history and lore of 44 is honored somewhere in the Dome. It should still be a number that can be used as a recruiting tool for very high profile kids with honor and integrity and to also honor outstanding upper class (Juniors / Seniors) student-athletes when the number isn't in use.

Imagine the buzz that would be created in the national media if #44 is given to a very high profile recruit. It would be a leading story on almost every sports site. This is a tradition that needs to be reinstated. The fact that the number wasn't used for 10 to 15 years doesn't mean it should be retired.

The movie, The Express, has brought the history of this number to the forefront and the younger kids who normally wouldn't know about the history and lore, now do. For example, there is an outstanding young man who is a consensus top 10 RB in the nation who is heavily interested in Syracuse. He is well aware of the lore and history and burden of being #44, and he wants to tackle that and restore the glory and pride of our great school and football team. This is exactly the type of kid we need to bring in. Success begets success. Mr. Robert Washington has gone on record several times stating that he is well aware of the history, burden and honor of wearing #44 and he would want to wear the number, and it would actually give SU an advantage in his recruitment. There are also several other high profile 4 and 5 star players who want to play with Mr. Washington. He would be the first domino to fall that would bring in more high profile players, the likes we haven't brought in to Syracuse since the Donovan McNabb days.

Giving this kid #44 could be the springboard to bringing us back into the national spotlight. If we bring in a top 25 recruiting class while giving the headliner of the class #44, this would give us stories on ESPN, Bleacher Report, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Yahoo and every other sports site out there. It would create a buzz among the casual fans. We might return to the top 25, which means we would start having sellouts again. Attendance would increase, concessions would increase, income would increase. We would return to national relevance, and all of this is possible by restoring #44 and offering it to this humble kid who, from everything I have read, deserves this number.

If that is the case, this is a no brainer decision. Please do the right thing and restore#44.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my email.

Sincerely,

Jared Lichtman

Oh Yes. Just click on the Avi of the poster who is driving you crazy and you will see the ignore button.
One caveat, which surprised me: you won't be able to see threads started by an ignored poster. So if Joe Annoying starts a thread called "How About That Great Play By Clark?!" and his only contribution is that he started it... out of luck.

One caveat, which surprised me: you won't be able to see threads started by an ignored poster. So if Joe Annoying starts a thread called "How About That Great Play By Clark?!" and his only contribution is that he started it... out of luck.
Did not know that - but the reward to risk ratio would still be pretty damn high.

Obviously you haven't been paying attention to any of CaliLuv808 posts. Robert and Aapari are the only two kids he posts about... and let me assure you he knows them.

And I just took you off of ignore this morning.Oh Lord
wait, you had me on ignore? For what???

And, I mean, didn't I do it the right way? There are hundreds of posters in this forum. I don't have them each memorized. Good for you, and for any others, who see CaliLuv808 and automatically associate an infrequent poster with having a personal relationship with a recruit. I didn't know that. In my response, instead of using insults or invective, I respectfully lead with the qualifier "unless you personally know Robert Washington and are privy to his thinking". I left open the possibility, and in this case, the qualifier was met.

I don't understand your hostility.

He's planning to graduate early. He wants to commit so he can focus all summer on helping the school he commits to recruit.
O
m
g

803b5ecaec92722c2aab8ba2e01f480d.image.250x208.jpg

First three recruits will be Washington, Haskins and then Neal, then let Washington go to work on getting some beef to block for him and protect Haskins.

Yeah, I tweeted it out. No retweet or favorite...he's lettin' me down, man!
I have noticed you need to tweet him when he is tweeting if you do it while he is at school you get nothing... I'm sure his Twitter feed is swamped all day

I have noticed you need to tweet him when he is tweeting if you do it while he is at school you get nothing... I'm sure his Twitter feed is swamped all day
Well, might need to send that one back out later, then! Ha.

No. ;)

Hmmmm Question 2: Are you currently coaching or at any point in time have you coached Robert? Thanks.

Now CuseLegacy this isn't like hangman is it because that 2013 Florida State game ruined that game for me. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom