Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitt has a lot of young talent 6 below Jr year plus the kid Hall they took this year is supposed to be pretty good. If given the choice between the Academics of Syracuse and pitt most majors I think Syracuse would get a nod. Family atmosphere they may come close alot of recruits have said they liked the staff. Overall i don't thunk they make the 6 with the other choices.

Pitt is a very good school. Academically, either would be a great choice.

B-JnI45IgAAQwll.jpg:large

Free article...

http://alabama.At their request, th...star-rb-gets-huge-offer-will-decide-soon?s=73
4-star RB gets huge offer, will decide soon
http://imgix.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./104/1041281.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Michael ClarkRegional Recruiting Analyst
Robert Washington will narrow his list to six in the next few weeks.

The 5-foot-10, 215-pound Washington has already said North Carolina, Syracuse and TCU will make the cut.

Yesterday, Washington received an offer from Alabama.

”I spoke with coach (Nick) Saban and he offered me,” Washington said. “He’s a great man and a great coach and it was just an honor to speak with him.

”I grew up a fan of Alabama – watching guys like Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, T.J. Yeldon and Derrick Henry – and to get an offer from them was just great.”

He was able to speak with Saban in-depth.

”He told me that I was big, fast and strong,” Washington said. “He also told me I was a back that really fits their system. We also talked about academics and he said he wanted me to visit soon. It’s definitely an offer I have to consider and I’m going to try to get there before I make a decision.”

Washington’s most recent visit was to TCU.

”It was my third time there and it was amazing,” he said. “Coach (Gary) Patterson and (running backs) coach (Curtis) Luper are great men. Coach Patterson actually spent about an hour with me before the junior day started, which really meant a lot.

”Coach Luper was also telling me that they need running backs. He also talked about how he’s coached guys like Tre Mason and Michael Dyer.”

Along with a possible trip to Alabama, Washington said he may visit Florida State in the near future.

Besides the three aforementioned schools who will make his top six, Washington said he’s also been in consistent contact with Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Michigan lately.

He plans to make his commitment sometime in April.

As distressing as the Bama stuff would typically be, when someone who genuinely seems to know Robert says that Bama is no concern, I'm very happy, even in the face of that article.
We have got to win this one.

javadoc said:
Don't they run some kind of pass-happy spread now? How will they find the carries for him? :D

Are they really an up and coming team? They were jobbed out of the playoff? ;)

Yes tcu will be the concern.
Yeah, that's the school that's always had me nervous. I'm not just saying this because they're the other two schools he's already named, but TCU and UNC have always scared me more than Ohio State or Notre Dame in this recruiting battle, to be honest. Just gut feeling stuff.

They had 509 attempts for 2690 yards though like 200 attempts for like 900 yards was qb. The leading rb had almost 1000 yards on 129 carries. They attempt about 40 passes per game so it still about 60 40 pass. Again the big problem for them is 6 backs under jr. They loaded up the last 2 years wanting to bring the run in more. I still think he would do better hear with the offense they are running and get alittle more protection than the tcu line will give him... But they will be by far the teAm to beat. Again just my opinion

Are they really an up and coming team? They were jobbed out of the playoff? ;)
Well I'd say they got robbed but that probably won't happen again after they crushed it in the bowl game. So id say after the bad years prior to last they are on the rise... Quickly on the rise

Just saw the commit date posted: April 25

Robert retweeted something mentioning that specific date as his commit date.

Three visits with TCU is what stood out, imho.
Yeah, especially since Robert Sr. said he won't visit us again because he saw everything he needed to when he was here before. Did he need three visits to see everything at TCU? Hopefully we just blew him away enough in his one visit that he's already made his choice and is just now enjoying the process.

Yeah, especially since Robert Sr. said he won't visit us again because he saw everything he needed to when he was here before. Did he need three visits to see everything at TCU? Hopefully we just blew him away enough in his one visit that he's already made his choice and is just now enjoying the process.
Well in fairness, ONE of those visits was because he happened to be in town for the U18 International Bowl. If you're already that close to Fort Worth for a full week, might as well go visit one of your top schools.

If the International Bowl was played in Buffalo, he probably would have made a trip to SU, for instance. And so on, and so forth.

4/25/15
4 + 25 + 15 = 44.

:eat popcorn:
Never thought of it that way. Ha.

I was thinking it was a good omen that my son's birthday is 4/20, my mom's is 4/30. What's directly in the middle? 4/25. My parents will actually be visiting that week, too. Celebrate good times, come on!

Why has he stated that he cut his list to 6, but the only three he has named are Syracuse,TCU, and UNC? Is he high on those three maybe, and then taking 3 visits to schools he hasn't seen yet?

He has a list of three he is going to expand to six before he decides on 4 25

I'm going to assume April 25th has more significance to the washington clan than any school he will play for.

Secondly, along the same vein of Syracuse athletics is desperate for a star to excite the city, none of his other options 'need' Robert Washington. They will all be just fine without him. Syracuse needs him, they are desperate for a player like he is capable of becoming. Yes SU football will survive if he goes elsewhere, but my god him coming here is a game changer. He is the guy we are desperate for and really need in order to change who we are and where we fit into the landscape of college football.

I'm going to assume April 25th has more significance to the washington clan than any school he will play for.

Secondly, along the same vein of Syracuse athletics is desperate for a star to excite the city, none of his other options 'need' Robert Washington. They will all be just fine without him. Syracuse needs him, they are desperate for a player like he is capable of becoming. Yes SU football will survive if he goes elsewhere, but my god him coming here is a game changer. He is the guy we are desperate for and really need in order to change who we are and where we fit into the landscape of college football.
Regarding the first part: hey, let us pretend the date is significant for purely Syracuse purposes!

Second part: I really don't mean to oversell things, but seriously, based on what he could do in terms of a domino effect, and then on the field...this is really potentially one of the most important recruits in Syracuse history. At least since Tim Green, anyway. He's a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom