Class of 2016 - RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 RB Robert Washington (NC) to UNC Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syracuse wants to re-establish run game (ESPN: Adelson)

When Syracuse opens spring practice Sunday, there will be an emphasis on getting back to its roots on offense.

That would be putting a priority on establishing the run.

Last season, the Orange were not nearly as effective on the ground. There were myriad reasons for that – the offensive line was never a cohesive unit as it dealt with one injury after another; injuries to the quarterbacks allowed defenses to load the box and key on the run; and offensive coordinator George McDonald favored more of a spread, high-tempo offense.

The shift in philosophy back to a pro-style, multiple-set under Tim Lester provides an opportunity to establish a more physical, powerful run game...
Good this is what we need

a bit funny this hasn't made its way onto the main board yet. a couple of people are going to lose their minds. Anyhow these quotes are also of interest.

Per Shafer

“Erv is a kid who can play right behind the quarterback and run all of our run game, but he also can move out into space and create mismatch problems with linebackers,” Shafer said. “A guy like Ashton Broyld is another kid we don’t have to just play outside. He can come inside, he can run the ball and he can catch the ball off linebackers.

“I feel good about the three running backs we recruited in this class coming in that are dynamic enough to play both behind the quarterback or offset into a slot family and once again match up against those linebackers.”

a bit funny this hasn't made its way onto the main board yet. a couple of people are going to lose their minds. Anyhow these quotes are also of interest.

Per Shafer

“Erv is a kid who can play right behind the quarterback and run all of our run game, but he also can move out into space and create mismatch problems with linebackers,” Shafer said. “A guy like Ashton Broyld is another kid we don’t have to just play outside. He can come inside, he can run the ball and he can catch the ball off linebackers.

“I feel good about the three running backs we recruited in this class coming in that are dynamic enough to play both behind the quarterback or offset into a slot family and once again match up against those linebackers.”

It was that forum first... it's just that some of you guys don't pay enough attention to the Daily articles.

It was that forum first... it's just that some of you guys don't pay enough attention to the Daily articles.

can't read them all and i was talking from a discussion standpoint, not that the article wasn't over there.

Rw has been queit this week is probably the reason for the fall on the page. He took a visit somewhere the other day and didn't say where or really anything after. He has only retweeted a couple things this past week. So not a whole lot to talk about. I think he is planning on visiting a couple schools each week till he makes his decision in April. He was going to add schools to his top six every week but hasn't even done that... Hopefully that means he hasn't visited anywhere that he wants to add

Rw has been queit this week is probably the reason for the fall on the page. He took a visit somewhere the other day and didn't say where or really anything after. He has only retweeted a couple things this past week. So not a whole lot to talk about. I think he is planning on visiting a couple schools each week till he makes his decision in April. He was going to add schools to his top six every week but hasn't even done that... Hopefully that means he hasn't visited anywhere that he wants to add
I think he had said every two weeks, which I think would mean the next one to be added will come this weekend.

I think he had said every two weeks, which I think would mean the next one to be added will come this weekend.
All irrelevant. He's Orange.

funny-cat-praying-hands.jpg

What's your guess? Seems like the next will be one of Michigan/ND/Tennessee?

I just realized I haven't been this invested in a Syracuse athlete's recruitment since Julius Hodge.

I hope that's not a bad omen.
Maybe if he goes elsewhere we will end up with a diamond in the rough much like Hakim Warrick was for us in replacing Hodge. :)

What's your guess? Seems like the next will be one of Michigan/ND/Tennessee?
Honestly couldn't tell you which one will be named next. If I had to guess, I'd go with Notre Dame, Michigan, or Ohio State. Tennessee is obviously a possibility. I mean, I'd wager that at least 2 of those 4 will be among the final 3 anyway, so it doesn't really matter in which order they'll be revealed I suppose.

He is suppose to be announcing his fourth favorite on Sunday. Also he was suppose to visit Tenn but because of the snow storm visited UNC-Charlotte which is right in his backyard.

is it as simple as... If we give him 44 he comes here, if we dont he goes somewhere else? Seems trivial, but maybe to him it isnt.
Lets get it done. Doesnt it seem like if we promised him the number we would be at least 80% to get him?

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 17m17 minutes ago
Robert Washington Sr.: "Depending on how everything works out, Robert might not be the first SouthLake kid to commit to Syracuse."

Hmmm...Eason?
His father saying this makes me really excited. They're truly considering Syracuse as a heavy option
How about they lower it to Jim Brown and Floyd Little and they present it?
This would be amazing! This is one of those posts we should be able to slam a "44" likes per person on.

I have to admit I am excited about the possibility of getting this kid but, I was there before and it just makes me sick to my stomach every time we lose out to a school that comes late to the game.

Has anyone tried emailing the chancellors office on the matter of restore 44? He could go right over the head of everybody else if he sees the merit to this.

If this kid runs out of the tunnel wearing #44, I'd cry. There, I said it.
I said I'd cry if he commits. So you and I are going to be two fools in absolute jubilation with this kid.

My son and I have already planned to go to some of his games. Huntersville is ten minutes down the road. I would probably tear up to if he chooses Cuse. He seems like a really good kid no matter who he chooses. It has been a while since we were this close to getting a stud running back. Delone is the last one I remember getting "giddy" about.

Comon guys , really you are gonna start crying? Seriously? Lets just be really happy and act like we've been here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom