Class of 2015 - RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 RB Tyrone Perkins (NY) Signed LOI

Stephen Bailey‏@Stephen_Bailey1 3m3 minutes ago
RT : 3-star RB Tyrone Perkins says he will defer enrollment to #Syracuse to Jan. 2016.

I wonder if he isn't totally healed from his injury and is going to Prep?

Free article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...s-will-defer-enrollment-to-january-2016?s=185

Syracuse running back commit Tyrone Perkins recaps official visit, says he will defer enrollment until January 2016.
The first player to commit to Syracuse as part of their 2015 class was Locust Valley (N.Y.) Friendship Academy running back Tyrone Perkins. The now three-star running back took an official visit to his future home over the weekend and says he had a great time.
"The visit was really good," Perkins said. "We toured around a little, went to the mall. The best thing by far was hanging out with the players."
Perkins spent the majority of his time with his player host, but also hung out with several other players. It was the best part of the trip for the talented back.
"My host was Omari Palmer," Perkins said. "So I was with him most of the time, but I also spent a good amount of time with Terrel Hunt, Ervin Philips and a bunch of other guys. The thing that made it so good was that the second they met me it was an immediate brotherhood."
All of the recruits on campus spent time touring Syracuse's facilities and other amenities. The prize, of course, being the new indoor practice facility.
"The facilities are just great," Perkins said. "And that indoor is hot. It's the nicest thing I've seen yet."
Another big highlight was speaking to the Syracuse coaches. It was a chance to continue the bond with his future staff.
"I talked to every single coach," Perkins said. "I mainly talked to (running backs) coach (DeAndre) Smith and (offensive coordinator) Tim Lester. And we talked about the team and my future role on the team. Goals that they want to accomplish and how the only way it can happen is if we all work together and just make each other better everyday."
Perkins added about when he will arrive on campus. He will defer his enrollment until January 2016 in order to make sure his senior season ending knee injury fully heals, similar to fellow Syracuse commit Brandon Ginnetti. That opens another scholarship for the 2015 class. He spoke about that, among other things, with head coach Scott Shafer.
"Yeah we talked," Perkins said. "We mainly talked about my rehab and what I'm going to do about the first semester next year. Because I'm deferring my enrollment so I can finish up rehab and come in next January 120%."
Perkins added that the official visit further solidified that he made the right decision by committing to the Orange.

I assume this opens a scholly ... things could get crazy.

Until we know if Arciniega is granted his medical waiver and who else isn't coming back on the current roster we are at 82.

Not that these grayshirt kids will end up in orange but it helps to get them to defer coming off major injuries. Opens more room, good sign.

anomander said:
Maybe Perkins will get moved to safety?

Few agree with me, but I still think Strickland winds up at safety.

Maybe he is doing better than expected ..plus if he isn't completely ready the staff can always redshirt him. I never understood his deferment. I think Ginnetti is more than just recuperating from an injury.

I think it had more to do with opening the ship. Either way we had 24/25 commits by what October? I mean if everyone thought we were going to hold on to every one of them - regardless of any staff movement, I have a bridge for sale.

We need help on offense and this kid is one of the better offensive prospects we've recruited. chance to start at RB as a freshman.

we've recruited safeties in this class.

if a RB is going to move it should be McFarlene the one recruited here to play safety.

if by some chance Stricland is moved to safety, it'll be because Perkins and Fredricks have knocked him to the end of the depth chart. That's fine to.

Last edited:
We need help on offense and this kid is one of the better offensive prospects we've recruited. chance to start at RB as a freshman.

we've recruited safeties in this class.

if a RB is going to move it should be McFarlene the one recruited here to play safety.

if by some chance he moved to safety, it'll be because Perkins and Fredricks have knocked him to the end of the depth chart. That's fine to.
He shattered his knee...he's not starting as a freshman. I would say theres a 99.999% chance he redshirts

I am in total agreement that strickland's safety play is elite. With our offensive struggles I will like to see him at RB first. If he doesnt seperate himself then move him to safety. I like perkins but I am not as high on him as others. His competition was hideous and he didnt have super stats. I want to see him perform well in a pratice or scrimmage before I feel he can be a productive D1 back. I think he can potentially be a safety too.

He shattered his knee...he's not starting as a freshman. I would say theres a 99.999% chance he redshirts
I agree but these days you never know. Rutgers had a freshman back who tore his ACL his senior year. He ended up being their leading rusher the last 3 games of his true freshman year. I think it was robert martin

who are you talking about Strickland? When did he shatter his knee?

Perkins tore his ACL and is set to begin running in a week two.

Shy shattered his knee thanksgiving game junior year broke in three places. Was jogging 7 weeks later and running track beginning of February. Started senior year no leg issues at all. This is the blood they drained the next morning from his knee. I'd say this kid could be ready for next season

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 182
Shy shattered his knee thanksgiving game junior year broke in three places. Was jogging 7 weeks later and running track beginning of February. Started senior year no leg issues at all. This is the blood they drained the next morning from his knee. I'd say this kid could be ready for next season
Shy looks like the Terminator though

Most of the other schools that were recruiting him agreed with you.

Personally I don't think he plays safety here. Being able to play RB was a big reason he chose to come here.

This probably says more about how we're going to close this class out moreso than anything. Kind of odd to for someone to go from not grayshirting, to grayshirting, back to not grayshirting in the course of a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom