Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you could pick anybody, obviously outside of some coach already getting a huge bag, who would it be. Is there any coach at a smaller school or not currently coaching etc.
I am not near qualified to answer that. Someone with great, not good, recruiting ties.

We could look at Dino’s tenure here holistically….

His win percentage in a mediocre P5 conference is quite bad.
We all know his record but are you still gonna watch the games? I always do no matter how disappointed I am with the team.

For those who want Dino out, who would you want to replace him? Is there anybody out there that can bring in more talent capable of competing for ACC title?
Talent? We're last this year in ACC recruiting, 3rd to last for last year, 2nd to last year before. Can't really get worse. Our list of current guys in the pros isn't impressing anyone.

Dino seems like a nice guy, who does things the right way...but he stinks as a head coach.

Today was just another example with some of his decisions.

No shame in losing to Clemson, but still doesn't change the point that Dino stinks. Just head scratching decisions all four quarters and it's been this way for a while, we know that.

And for those saying, "well if you fire him who will ya get?"...I don't know, not my job. But honestly, there are young up-and-coming coaches in smaller conferences who would love to get an opportunity to coach in the ACC, and that wouldn't break the bank. Roll the dice.

The excuse of "we can't move on from him because then what"...its pretty lame and downright laughable.
Any AD worth his salt has a list of 5 potential HC in his pocket. At all times. I like Dino, but….he is making a ton of money for a poor won / lost record. No way any of us would get rewarded for this work history performance. Millions a year. And, he will probably get an extension after this year.

Is this what we settle for? I want more.

Yeah, I guess what I don’t understand is why they overturned the Shrader call after reviewing it. Why was a head shot allowed

Any AD worth his salt has a list of 5 potential HC in his pocket. At all times. I like Dino, but….he is making a ton of money for a poor won / lost record. No way any of us would get rewarded for this work history performance. Millions a year. And, he will probably get an extension after this year.

Is this what we settle for? I want more.
I think it is what we settle for. I think the school is satisfied with 7-8 win seasons act like their trying, cash checks. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Talent? We're last this year in ACC recruiting, 3rd to last for last year, 2nd to last year before. Can't really get worse. Our list of current guys in the pros isn't impressing anyone.
I never said it was good. I asked a question, it wasn’t a statement. Who can they hire that would improve recruiting.

After FSU we play one decent team in Ga Tech, two stiffs in BC and VT, one semi-ok in Wake and an Iowa-esque Pitt. Win at least 3, back to back winning seasons is important

Said it earlier in another post, we don’t have enough talent to be elite teams straight up, we have to play clean football and we just don’t.
Win the rest of the games on our schedule and we can talk about Dino staying
The actual Dino quotes are not as bad as suggested earlier in the thread.

However “Because he can make it,” Babers said, when asked why he took the kick in that situation.” Is, I guess, an answer, not one I agree with, but certainly not fireable
yeah coach maybe he can make it in practice but you don’t have a kicker who has never demonstrated in a real game of this magnitude to kick a 57 yard field goal versus Clemson with a packed house….we shouldn’t be experimenting against Clemson coach we should be kicking the damn ball!!!! This coach has cost his teams so many points because of his decision making it’s incredible

Last edited:
If he didn't tell them, how would they know?
Not only that I am going to give the defense some flack also for not putting enough pressure of this qb and not intercepting passes and making stops when. They should be!

We the rest of the games on our schedule and we can talk about Dino staying

yeah coach maybe he can make it in practice but you don’t have a kicker who has never demonstrated in a real game of this magnitude to kick a 57 yard field goal versus Clemson with a packed house….we shouldn’t be experimenting against Clemson coach we should be kicking the damn ball!!!! This coach has cost his teams so many points because of his decision making it’s incredible
Dino is staying if we win at least 7, so prepare yourself.

Dino is staying if we win at least 7, so prepare yourself.
Yeah and that’s exactly why he can continue to be ok with the status quo because he knows there is no way in hell our SU administration would fire him with a monumental 7 win season against mediocre ACC competition. Until he wins a few of these games you can’t convince me he’s what we need moving forward he’s had 7 years and nothing will really change. Nice guy nice spokesman and that’s about it

How has that worked out for B.C.? Maybe Syracuse is smarter than B.C.? And maybe Syracuse is waiting for Brown or Mora to come available. I was told that they were going to bowl games this year.
They have been bowl eligible 2 out of the 3 full seasons so far. Not sure how this season will play out. Babers 2/7 full seasons bowl eligible

Regular 7-8 win seasons would be nice for a change going forward. Only a handful of teams are really competing for NC’s anymore. Stop fretting over one loss so far. Hire a new coach and we can press replay all over again, and when we get relegated to a 2nd tier conference in the next decade what will it really matter anyway.

I think it is what we settle for. I think the school is satisfied with 7-8 win seasons act like their trying, cash checks. Wash, rinse, repeat.
I think you are delusional if you think the program’s ceiling is higher than that.

Coach P had multiple generationally talent players and he only won 9 or 10 games in 6 of 14 seasons.

8 wins is a strong season at a school like Syracuse now.

***For what it’s worth, I don’t particularly think Dinos a good coach. He’s adequate.

We aren't getting relegated to the AAC. Now, about those bowl games you promised for UConn and UMass.
You are projecting 8 wins, The OOC schedule was so weak that I can't base anything on it. And still this animosity for a couple of regional university's, I guess it's a New England thing.

There are exactly zero qualified candidates to take his job.
Stop. There are dozens upon dozens of coaches more than qualified to do his job and would be happy coaching a program in the ACC.

I mean, where did we get Dino from? USC? Notre Dame? LSU?...oh wait, we got him from the MAC! Stop with this, "nobody can do his job"...plenty of people can.

I think you are delusional if you think the program’s ceiling is higher than that.

Coach P had multiple generationally talent players and he only won 9 or 10 games in 6 of 14 seasons.

8 wins is a strong season at a school like Syracuse now.

***For what it’s worth, I don’t particularly think Dinos a good coach. He’s adequate.
Patriot League, Directional U, Academy, peer P5 school and ACC dregs...7-8 win seasons is doable on a regular basis.

It really isn't B.S. The very foolish penalties are a staple of the program right now. And it's every single game. That is coaching. When we picked up the fumble, you could see Dabo demanding a review. We
had two plays that merited a review. Instead of just standing there, Dino should have demanded one. Now, I have no idea what would have happened with that lateral/ forward pass. I couldn't tell. But it should have been reviewed. Just like the sideline catch that was on our sideline. Pa, we make the same mistakes game after game and year after year.
We had all of our TOs when Alford potentially snagged that pass. We didn't call for review. Why didn't we use a TO and get a review? The clock was stopped anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom