Reality is, Dino ain’t it. | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Reality is, Dino ain’t it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Potential points”. Lol.

Going for it and throwing a Hail Mary into the end zone is “potential points” too.
It depends on the situation. If it’s the last play of the half or game to win? Of course. If you don’t trust your offense to put you in many scoring situations then you should always try for points.

I love when people say “who would we go get?” Hmmm let’s see. Duke just got a guy that won 9 games in his second year and now is undefeated with ND on the ropes with disciplined football. Anybody heard of him before ? Let’s stop acting like Dino is some amazing coach we can’t lose or couldn’t replace. It’s a joke of a narrative

Duke hired a guy who had NEVER been a HC before in his career.

Elko had stops at Stony Brook, Penn, Fordham, Richmond, Hofstra, Bowling Green, before being a DC at a couple of P5 schools.

The last time SU was considering hiring a guy with no HC experience (Ash), the board had a melt down.

Exactly. It's always self inflicted mistakes in these types of games. Not protecting/valuing the football, penalties, drops, then the questionable FG decision instead of going for it or punting. We always make these types of mistakes and it's coaching

We got absolutely screwed on 2 or 3 calls, and at home! That was some serious BS.

I complained that they haven’t pulled any big upsets since 2017.

Are you ChatGPT?
Not sure if you think that chatGPT line was clever but it doesn’t really make sense…

As for what you said, thats assuming that upsets should always happen. How many times should they happen? There was the 2018 upset of NC state? So you had 2016, 2017, 2018 should those upsets happen every year? If that’s your expectation then that’s fair but I wouldn’t exactly call those upsets anymore, that should just be the expectation.

So ridiculous but typical. It was very close. Close enough to have not been blown dead and then reviewed.

We might’ve won the game if that’s a TD for us.

Inexcusable to blow it dead and not look at it.

Is that the kind of play / decision that Dino could have challenged? Potential change of possession, I would think so.

Duke hired a guy who had NEVER been a HC before in his career.

Elko had stops at Stony Brook, Penn, Fordham, Richmond, Hofstra, Bowling Green, before being a DC at a couple of P5 schools.

The last time SU was considering hiring a guy with no HC experience (Ash), the board had a melt down.
And subsequently, so did Rutgers as a program lol

Not sure if you think that chatGPT line was clever but it doesn’t really make sense…

As for what you said, thats assuming that upsets should always happen. How many times should they happen? There was the 2018 upset of NC state? So you had 2016, 2017, 2018 should those upsets happen every year? If that’s your expectation then that’s fair but I wouldn’t exactly call those upsets anymore, that should just be the expectation.
NC State…stop it.

You just post stuff. Some of it doesn’t even pertain to the discussion. I assumed you were doing it on purpose as a way to try to spin things, but now I’m wondering if you’re some kind of bot with a glitch.

Lol. Just lol. You can't play a P5 (soon to be P4) team every week and expect to make a bowl game if you're that mid tier group. Everyone has pay games but when SU does it, it's weak competition and they stink. Had Purdue beat #25 Fresno State, would you say they stink? Their losses have come to teams that are on pace to make a bowl game.
Nobody is criticizing the schedule, they're criticizing the program/coaching staff for not being able to get to a level to do more than beat lower tier P5's and cupcakes. In particular for looking undisciplined in those spots where it's there for the taking.

The operation, he said, felt a little rushed. He said his holder was asking that more time be added to the play clock. Because the situation wasn’t an obvious field goal try, Denaburg said he was also forced to kick with the ball Garrett Shrader prefers, rather than his preferred one.

“Every game is different,” Denaburg said. “There is other stuff that goes into it. There’s different balls put into the game. The quarterback ball is probably the worst ball I can kick. The kickoff ball is probably the ideal ball I’d like to have, but it’s not what happened.”

This is an indictment of the coaching. IIRC Dino had all three timeouts there. I mean, I was watching on my computer monitor so it was hard to see, but how short was the kick? A couple yards? Looked pretty close. The right ball might have made the difference.

NC State…stop it.

You just post stuff. Some of it doesn’t even pertain to the discussion. I assumed you were doing it on purpose as a way to try to spin things, but now I’m wondering if you’re some kind of bot with a glitch.
You can be honest, it has nothing to do with pertaining to the larger topic and everything to do with not supporting your opinion. Just because it is inline with your thoughts doesn’t mean it magically doesn’t relate to the topic.

Nobody is criticizing the schedule, they're criticizing the program/coaching staff for not being able to get to a level to do more than beat lower tier P5's and cupcakes. In particular for looking undisciplined in those spots where it's there for the taking.

This is an indictment of the coaching. IIRC Dino had all three timeouts there. I mean, I was watching on my computer monitor so it was hard to see, but how short was the kick? A couple yards? Looked pretty close. The right ball might have made the difference.
It was max 3 yards off, and he didn’t hit it solid. He 100% has the leg to hit that kick

You can be honest, it has nothing to do with pertaining to the larger topic and everything to do with not supporting your opinion. Just because it is inline with your thoughts doesn’t mean it magically doesn’t relate to the topic.

No. We haven’t pulled a major upset since 2017.

There’s nothing to agree or disagree with. You’re trying real hard though. Changing it to “big wins”. “3 in 7 years”. Talking about beating a 5-1 NC state team, when we were 5-2.

You’re just looking for an angle to argue about something.

It was max 3 yards off, and he didn’t hit it solid. He 100% has the leg to hit that kick
Yup, and if they had the right ball in, does a ball that went 54 yards go 57? I'm not sure how much difference the kicking ball makes, but 5.55% seems reasonable.

Yup, and if they had the right ball in, does a ball that went 54 yards go 57? I'm not sure how much difference the kicking ball makes, but 5.55% seems reasonable.
If he didn’t get rushed he would’ve been fine

No. We haven’t pulled a major upset since 2017.

There’s nothing to agree or disagree with. You’re trying real hard though. Changing it to “big wins”. “3 in 7 years”. Talking about beating a 5-1 NC state team, when we were 5-2.

You’re just looking for an angle to argue about something.
You carried on the argument with me man. You wanna get your panties in a bunch about not having enough upsets, (something is low probability or else they wouldn’t be upsets) then so be it but don’t act like Syracuse is unique in not getting them.

Can you name one game in the Dino Babers era where you've been impressed with his coaching?

It has been few and far between. The upsets early on of Clemson and Virginia Tech are notable. There are few times when you feel like Dino has made any decision when as a fan you say wow great call there by Dino. He is putting his team in a position to win. In my opinion his in game coaching is below average

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom