Recruiting Updates | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

When is Bryant going to make me happy? lol
manny.png
Lets hope some time in the near future but who knows. It would really stink to see a 5 star kid from Rochester get busy at some other school not name SU.

View attachment 13257 Lets hope some time in the near future but who knows. It would really stink to see a 5 star kid from Rochester get busy at some other school not name SU.

I really want him at Cuse. He may not be the most talented player we have an offer out to but he is a kid that the crowd and players will rally around. He was exactly what the team last year was missing. A leader with passion and pure joy for the game. We lacked that spark in our team last year I felt. Nobody was out there that inspired there teammates to give that extra effort.

I really want him at Cuse. He may not be the most talented player we have an offer out to but he is a kid that the crowd and players will rally around. He was exactly what the team last year was missing. A leader with passion and pure joy for the game. We lacked that spark in our team last year I felt. Nobody was out there that inspired there teammates to give that extra effort.

I appreciate your point, and would like to see this kid's passion and effort added to the team.

But that was not what was missing last year, IMO. Inside scoring and the ability to make a shot, any shot, at greater than 30%, was the issue.

Live Stream and Archived EYBL Games This Weekend
Saturday
http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/new-york-lightning-vs-team-final-eybl-session-3-co-352209
Team Final(Malachi Richardson) vs NY Lightning(Jessie Govan) 9:30 AM.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/babc-vs-new-jersey-playaz-eybl-session-3-court-1-b-352215
NJ Playaz(Moustapha Diagne) vs BABC 5PM.

Sunday
http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/howard-pulley-vs-team-final-eybl-session-3-court-1-352218
Team Final(Richardson) vs Howard Pulley 8AM.

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/each-1-teach-1-vs-cia-bounce-eybl-session-3-court--352219
CIA Bounce(Jamal Murray) vs E1T1 9:30AM

http://www.highschoolcube.com/event/team-takeover-vs-cp3-all-stars-eybl-session-3-cour-352220
Team Takeover(Franklin Howard and Georgios Papagiannis) vs CP3 All Stars(Top 5 2015 Harry Giles) 11AM.

NY Lightning have Govan at the 4, Rodney Miller, a 7 footer to tip it off. Team Final is much smaller on paper, their center giving up at least a few inches to Miller, Malachi their next tallest starter. He's probably a 2 to us, a 4 to Final.
:)

Francis, I have to say. Pretty disappointed with Miller thus far. He's been out the last few minutes, but when he was in, pretty quiet for a guy of imposing size and length. He was up against a 6'7 big from Team Final. Thought he'd be farther along by now.

Malachi comes out for a breather. 5 points early still, but looks nice and easy, not getting a ton of looks as Alston, Donte and Woods are all getting looks, but he looks patient to wait for his spots.

Again, Richardson causes a miss from deep. Going to be nice to have him on the perimeter of the 2-3 with a hand disrupting the shot. Malachi snags an offensive rebound and draws the foul on the putback. Commentator just remarked how well he got up for that one. Hits first, hits second. He has 7 points with 5 minutes left in the half. Next play, got caught shuffling feet trying to slash through the lane. Good call though.

Oh, heck yes. Malachi with a guy up in his grill. Bounces it past the defender, penetrates on the right side for the layup and the foul, hits the freebie. Can't give the shooter room, so what are you supposed to do? Just watch him cruise on by, that's what! Rodney Miller though, blocks Malachi in the lane the next possession. Not a terrible idea by Malachi, but Miller timed that one well. I like to see Richardson work in the lane. He's opening his offense up.

Malachi on one play, took about 8 Patrick Ewing steps, but no call, didn't matter. Didn't convert. Still, the next time back, he gets into the lane again and draws the foul going up against Miller. Going back to the line. Doing the grunt work. Hits his 4th of 4, hits his 5th of 5 Fts so far.

Malachi misses a three, pretty close, off back rim but looked nice enough. Teammates gets offensive rebound, dishes to Malachi and again he draws the foul. 6 for 6, 7 for 7. We know about shooter's mentality, but how about scorer's mentality? That's twice now he drew the foul going up against the 7 footer.

But still. That shot. A thing of beauty. Even his misses hurt so good.