Requiem for the Big East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Requiem for the Big East

Me too, being a younger poster, cool to see all of this back story.
I'm right there with you. I'm watching it with my dad who has always told me stories from these days, it's very cool to see it in pictures.

Georgetown: The Oakland Raiders of College Basketball.

So are we the Rams?

Boeheim threw chairs before Bob Knight made it cool.

But Knight threw them farther. JB's toss was actually pretty lame.

"Court violence runs rampant in Big East." I don't know why, but that headline made me LOL.

But Knight threw them farther. JB's toss was actually pretty lame.

It looked like for a split second he wanted to gently move it out of his way until he said f-it

Georgetown: The Oakland Raiders of College Basketball.

So are we the Rams?

In that case, we're the Broncos because we've remained relevant and have been kicking their butts for years.

In that case, we're the Broncos because we've remained relevant and have been kicking their butts for years.

That actually make sense. Elway and Boeheim mirror each other well.

Wow, a year after leaving for the ACC, seeing old SU-Georgetown games still makes my heart race. I'm 34, and remember watching a lot of these moments with my Dad, and still remember him screaming about the Hoyas..

Frankly, every time I see the Graham play it never looks like a punch to me, (or an elbow as the guy being interviewed said). It's really just a hard shove. Should still have been a flagrant foul though.

One play they never show was a travel call on George Papdakos that was pure BS. He got the ball on a fast break and scored. The ref assumed a lanky 7 footer couldn't make that play but he did. That was in regulation and we lost in overtime.

If you think the refs stink today, you should have seen Froggy Paparo.

Think exactly how great the league was in the eighties. Not that it wasnt after that but wow. Childhood for me all over again. Would love to have a collections of all those games.

I hate the Hoyas but I hate the "fans" who carried those racist signs, ("Ewing can't read this") and threw bananas on the court a whole lot more.
The "can't read this" sign wasn't racist. It was a dig at his special arrangement where he could take all tests with oral questions and answers. The banana thing on the other hand should have gotten someone punched in the face.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom