Requiem for the Big East | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Requiem for the Big East

Ed pinckney's been great. The line about his parents was hilarious.

Ed Pinckney is one of my all time favorite players on an opposing team.

I love that they foreshadowed this with Pinckney talking about how, seeing Ewing's recruitment, he knew he would have to work his ass off to compete.

That punch by Pearl...was throw by 35,000 fans...you had to be slive at the time to appreciate it
Treasured here far more than the halfcourt shot.

How did pearl not make it in the nba. He treats a basketball lile messi treats a soccer ball.

Mostly, because he didn't have a work ethic. He was so talented that he didn't have to work hard to excel.

When he got to the NBA, he was up against players who were willing to cut off their own arm just to stay in the league. Him not having the same drive worked against him.

Not knocking him--Pearl is one of my all time favorites. But we saw some of the same while he was in school. In the early preseason portion of the schedule, he'd just go through the motions--meanwhile, these small school kids would be sky high to play him. It stood in marked contrast to Sherman, who wanted to kill everyone he played.

But during big games, nobody was better. Pearl was unreal.

"I don't ever second guess myself James."

No Jim.

This show is great but gets my blood boiling again. Some of those signs may have been wrong, but players like Ewing, Graham, Page etc didn't belong in college. Not just because of academics but because they were thugs too. I'm glad they showed one of the clips of Ewing choking a player. Should have been tossed and never allowed on a college court again.

"Syracuse wasn't paying me as much as Nike"

I can't believe they're being candid about this.

Outstanding.

You tend to forget all the great moments and how great it was.

Never to be duplicated.

I hope this is on ESPN3, can't see it from where I am.

Question about Ewing. Was he dyslexic because then the whole "you can't read" isn't as funny if he is.

Hope our players are watching. Would love to hear what they think. (You know they are killing JB for that jump suit in the Nike bit).

This show is great but gets my blood boiling again. Some of those signs may have been wrong, but players like Ewing, Graham, Page etc didn't belong in college. Not just because of academics but because they were thugs too. I'm glad they showed one of the clips of Ewing choking a player. Should have been tossed and never allowed on a college court again.

You are one of the most respected posters on this board but you're way out of line with this.

Thompson was the king of manipulation. He would exacerbate that whole persona, then play the victim. Not condoning some of the antics from the fans, but he played it masterfully. That's why so many hated them...

Think exactly how great the league was in the eighties. Not that it wasnt after that but wow. Childhood for me all over again. Would love to have a collections of all those games.

All conferences should be 9 teams. You play everyone twice, home and home. Then maybe again in the conference and possibly again in the NCAAs. You get to know every player on every team you'd see them 8-10 times each. You had a rivalry with every school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom